hacefrio
+4|6255
I have seen so many videos where seemingly good players consistently mg head shots all day ( you know which vids I'm talking about; xskullx etc.)   
Then of course 50 comments contain something about great hitreg or w/e.  Are these just jealous comments? or is there a point when a hitreg actually makes a difference in skill level.

These hitreg tweaks I read about either don't work or you need to set up some laboratory experiment to note on minor differences.  Are some people just lucky when it comes to hitreg? super computers? killer network cards?

I dont think my hitreg is good.  Maybe I just suck, but the point is even with practice i'll always be bested by a players who have better "hitreg."

Is anyone here really good but still has "ok hitreg" ?

sorry if this is a covered topic, i couldnt find the search button.

Thanks
thepilot91
+64|6247|Åland!
has to do with hitreg yes...but also alot about your ping...the better ping the better hitreg, and i bet the didnt have more than MAXIMUM 30 in ping when recording those movies...skill is up to your self...a headshot is always a headshot if it bugs or not although the differance between ping 30 and 150 is quite big ... where to aim and so on, but mostely the fact wheter you se the enemie before he sees you
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.
When you see grey puffs coming out of the enemy when you shoot him but you aren't doing damage, that's bad hitreg.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6664
My hitreg has been terrible for the past few months.

I'm on 5 meg cable, get sub-60 ping pretty much on every North American server, and have a Q6600/BFG 8800GT OC/2 gig RAM running XP Pro...my FPS only drops below 90 in some SF maps, but its always above 50...

I dicked with my usersettings and improved it somewhat, but I still feel like my accuracy is out of whack -- I KNOW that I'm clicking to shoot right on the target, and it will take at least 2-3, sometimes more like 5-6 shots in single shot mode before I start getting consistent hits.  My assault rifle accuracy has slowly declined from about 21% to around 18% in the past few months, and I know I didn't forget how to play the damn game with over 1300 hours invested...

I have the same usersettings for both vanilla and SF, but hitreg in SF seems worse for some reason.

This is a game that is full of frustrations and addictiveness at the same time, & there's nothing better in the PC FPS realm at the moment, so what can you do?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
hacefrio
+4|6255
i  play  in a server with 10 ping 50 miles from  my house and still  get shitty hitreg... explain  that
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6664
I've just experimented some with my hitreg and I found some settings that seem to work pretty well for me.  They aren't perfect, but I've consistently felt more accurate since changing them.

Go to your [Battlefield 2]\mods\bf2\Settings\ directory, and find the file Usersettings.con -- make a copy of it, and then open the original file up in Notepad.

Make it look like this...

rem
rem Settingsfile automatically saved by bf2
rem
SettingsManager.boolSet GSClPunkBuster 1
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.050000
SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame 1
SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime 50
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 30
SettingsManager.U32Set GSPerfLogAtPlayerCount 30
SettingsManager.stringSet GSPlayerName "whatever your name is"
SettingsManager.boolSet GSShowNetGraph 0
SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseObjectCache 1

A lot of people will swear that its just a placebo effect, but I think that there is some validity to it.  I had to reinstall BF2 a few months ago, and I didn't backup my usersettings file, which I had spent some time refining...I guestimated on the values, but I'd felt off ever since.  These new settings seem noticeably better though, so you can try these settings out for yourself and see if they help any.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Sydney
2λчиэλ
I use the .ahk hitfixer myself, works like a charm for me.

1 mbps DSL, ping around 60 on European servers and my hitreg is pretty good i'd say, as long as they aren't sprinting accross my screen, then I can't get a single hit at them on full auto.
Dilda13
{DAM}
+7|6323|Los Angeles
To answer your question, there is a point where hitreg and skill meet. For the case of xkullx's videos, even if he does have good hitreg, the kind of shots he makes does require skill.

On the other hand, someone who makes a karkand medic video who stands on hotel and shoots people from the hip and can kill in 2 to 3 shots consistently because of good hitreg is not displaying a lot of skill. All they are showing is they can point and click and let their internet take care of the rest.

So skill and hitreg do come hand in hand, but you can go beyond making easy kills by doing the kind of shots that xkullx makes. Even though you do have good hitreg, you still have to have enough skill to aim.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
Also, you don't know what bad hit reg is until you try playing on wireless internet in a country that has no servers, the nearest server being 1000 miles away from you.

Epic fail hit reg.
Adamshannon8
+94|6195
sound.con > usersettings.con > good reg
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Adamshannon8 wrote:

Sound?.......
EvaShannon8
+3|5734

Adamshannon8 wrote:

= Ban

dont listen to adam, you'll live to regret it... [ROTFLMAO ZOMG!]

---
Hitreg tweak sux, it dont work at all for me, if anything it makes things more laggy and causes you to miss more often.

im better off with default, but thats just me
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6364|West NY
Did you just say you couldn't find the search button?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!
Everyone thinks their hitreg is bad, it all depends on what country you're from and what ISP you have.

Usersettings are generally placebo, everyone gets the dusty headshots that ruin a 1v1 fight, just try to ignore it and you'll play better in the end.
aimless
+166|6135|Texas
I was playing on my dedicated server today which is run off the same computer I play bf2 on. Even with 0 ping it didn't feel any different.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6770|San Antonio, Texas

Noobpatty wrote:

Did you just say you couldn't find the search button?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10097

https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7083/untitled20nx.jpg
Nihil
+15|5816|Malaga, Spain
Dusty headshots happen even on LAN games where there is no lag or packet loss. It's because the hitbox for the head is box-shaped but the head is...er...head shaped. If you hit the part of the head where there is no hitbox you get dust instead of brain matter. Shoot for the face for best results.

Hitreg is a strange one. I generally get low pings in the 20-60 range, and I only play on servers with higher than 40ish if there is a map rotation I really like and can't get anywhere else (ie Battlefield Gotland AF/EF). The difference in ping means that I get shot faster in 1 on 1 encounters by guys wo see me a fraction of a second sooner than I see them, regardless of hitreg. At pings of 100 or higher you are at a big disadvantage, excepting the fact that because you are lagging you are actually harder to hit!

But then I discovered a server recently where I had uncannily good hitreg. All I had to do was point and click and everything died even at long range. I headshot the driver of a speeding RIB on my first attempt. The only problem with that server is that friendly fire is off...
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6571
LISTEN HERE ALL OF YOU, TWEAKING OF YOUR USERSETTINGS.CON IS USELESS. IT DOES NOTHING. YES, SKILL LEVEL IS DEVISED BY REG LEVEL, YOU COULD HAVE THE BEST AIM IN THE WORLD AND STILL GET OWNED AT BF2 BECAUSE SOME GERMAN/SWEDE/NL/POLAK HAS BETETR REG THAN YOU. IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE IN ONE OF THE COUNTRIES NAMED ABOVE YOU WILL BECOME PRO AT BF2 IN 2 WEEKS BY PLAYING ON WAIB AND ESL GATHERS. THE ONLY TWEAKS THAT WORK ARE SOUND TWEAKS, IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THESE FEEL FREE TO PM ME.

p.s IF YOU STILL BELIEVE THAT THESE SETTINGS CHANGE YOUR HITREG AND WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER THEN DOWNLOAD THE BATTLEFIELD HIT FIXER, A LINK IS FOUND SOMEHWERE ON THIS  SITE OR SIMPLY GOOGLE IT. GOODBYE.
hacefrio
+4|6255

Mr.E wrote:

LISTEN HERE ALL OF YOU, TWEAKING OF YOUR USERSETTINGS.CON IS USELESS. IT DOES NOTHING. YES, SKILL LEVEL IS DEVISED BY REG LEVEL, YOU COULD HAVE THE BEST AIM IN THE WORLD AND STILL GET OWNED AT BF2 BECAUSE SOME GERMAN/SWEDE/NL/POLAK HAS BETETR REG THAN YOU. IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE IN ONE OF THE COUNTRIES NAMED ABOVE YOU WILL BECOME PRO AT BF2 IN 2 WEEKS BY PLAYING ON WAIB AND ESL GATHERS. THE ONLY TWEAKS THAT WORK ARE SOUND TWEAKS, IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THESE FEEL FREE TO PM ME.

p.s IF YOU STILL BELIEVE THAT THESE SETTINGS CHANGE YOUR HITREG AND WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER THEN DOWNLOAD THE BATTLEFIELD HIT FIXER, A LINK IS FOUND SOMEHWERE ON THIS  SITE OR SIMPLY GOOGLE IT. GOODBYE.
who said that caps lock makes you sound unintelligent..?

Oh I tried the hitfixer program, placebo or not it works for me!

Someone do tell me about this "sound tweak"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
lolskill
Overlucked
+0|5728
Today I shot a particular person in the head 6 times(with a sniper) and it seems that he was not taking any hits.Untill the final 6th shot did I nail him.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5912|California

hacefrio wrote:

Well, I don't know exactly how, but you can remove all the sounds of friendlies, remove the sounds of your gun, make it easier to hear people around you, etcetera.
robcr9
+111|5992

elmer_42 wrote:

hacefrio wrote:

Well, I don't know exactly how, but you can remove all the sounds of friendlies, remove the sounds of your gun, make it easier to hear people around you, etcetera.
Lol they don't work either, it takes a long time to get used to it, If you play with Ak you usually fie in bursts, its hard to tell with out taking your eyes off the enemies whether your in single shot etc, Just remember make backups of default.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5912|California

robcr9 wrote:

Lol they don't work either, it takes a long time to get used to it, If you play with Ak you usually fie in bursts, its hard to tell with out taking your eyes off the enemies whether your in single shot etc, Just remember make backups of default.
I've never actually tried them, but that makes a lot of sense.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6010|Aberdeen, Scotland
Sounds pretty retarded tbh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard