Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
I'll call Yahoo! at 9:30 when their customer support opens up. I'm sure they'll be able to help. Once I get my e-mail back, everything's fine. I'm sure they deal with this every day.

This is going to be a loooooooooooong 7 1/2 hours.
weasel_thingo
+74|6297

usmarine wrote:

phished?  wats that?
Genereally to get people to do this, the phisher basically gets the source code from a site (like facebook) and change the username and password areas, so that it will email them, or record it to their site. Or whatever, he most likely used the same password for his email as his facebook, "hacker" then got the email.

May not have happened like that but that is a way of doing it. Most people who do it generally wont care about the credit card stuff as they arnt willing to get into trouble, as they are people who just like ruining facebook/myspace/bebo pages or whatever.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

weasel_thingo wrote:

usmarine wrote:

phished?  wats that?
Genereally to get people to do this, the phisher basically gets the source code from a site (like facebook) and change the username and password areas, so that it will email them, or record it to their site. Or whatever, he most likely used the same password for his email as his facebook, "hacker" then got the email.

May not have happened like that but that is a way of doing it. Most people who do it generally wont care about the credit card stuff as they arnt willing to get into trouble, as they are people who just like ruining facebook/myspace/bebo pages or whatever.
That's exactly what happened, and I'm now keeping a log of my passwords on an external USB drive (because they're all different now) to stop this from ever happening again.

I can't take the risk of him getting my mom's cc info. I just can't.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Poseidon wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

usmarine wrote:

phished?  wats that?

That's exactly what happened, and I'm now keeping a log of my passwords on an external USB drive (because they're all different now) to stop this from ever happening again.

Could have been worse, your man love pics could have gotten out.
weasel_thingo
+74|6297

Poseidon wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

usmarine wrote:

phished?  wats that?

Yeah, you should do what you can to keep the credit card safe anyway. I use only a few passwords myself, but my email has a unique one.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SgtHeihn wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Could have been worse, our man love pics could have gotten out.
Fixed!

If my Facebook was the only thing fucked up, you know, whatever...I wouldn't really care that much. I can always make a new one.

It's my e-mail account that I'm very upset about. I've got so much shit in there...

weasel_thingo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Yeah, you should do what you can to keep the credit card safe anyway. I use only a few passwords myself, but my email has a unique one.
Yep. We learn from our mistakes...this is mine.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-08-26 23:11:26)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
You got back in? how?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SgtHeihn wrote:

You got back in? how?
...?

Not yet. In the morning. I'll call Yahoo! and tell them what happened. I'm sure they go through this plenty and it's no hassle for them. I can provide plenty proof that it's me and what happened, as well as show them what he sent out to my fucking relatives...

Lots o' repairing to be done.

Once I get my email back it fixes everything because I can get the Facebook password back.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6339|Calgary, Canada

Roc18 wrote:

Joey S. wrote:

looool, am I the only one finding this amusing?
Not if someone has access of your facebook profile and proceeds to make your main profile pic a giant penis.
ahahhaah exact same thing happened to my friend
not lying
except instead of a giant penis
it was a very small one.
Classic tbh
Jrdeacs
+22|5870
Bugga
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
My golden rule: Never type credit card info unless on a site thats secure like Paypal...

Never email

Never Text

Say it over the phone, or in person.

Hope you get your shit back, its a common thing, so im sure theres protocol for it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

GodFather wrote:

My golden rule: Never type credit card info unless on a site thats secure like Paypal...

Never email

Never Text

Hope you get your shit back, its a common thing, so im sure theres protocol for it.
As I said - this is one of those times where you simply learn from your mistakes.

From now on, I'm keeping my e-mail account so fucking safe...either that, or I'm paying for a host or some shit. Or Gmail. Whichever.

Thanks though. Appreciate it.

I'm actually surprised, only one post has been dickhead-like and the guy's banned now...you've proven me wrong, BF2s.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

Poseidon wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

You got back in? how?
...?
You said fixed with an exclamation, which made it seem like you had fixed your problem, even though you were referring to your edit in the quote.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK
That's a gay thing to happen the best of luck to you for sorting it out.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA
that blows man, sorry to hear.

what website did you go to that sends the full cc number plus the security code on the back and the address and zip, if i may ask? i think your cc info is probably safe.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

Poseidon wrote:

Once I get my email back it fixes everything because I can get the Facebook password back.
He could have changed the email address on Facebook.... In that case it doesn't fix everything.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Titch2349 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

He could have changed the email address on Facebook.... In that case it doesn't fix everything.
Well, I reported it to Facebook as well (and I assume that both they and MySpace have protocols for this type of thing, as previously said) so I'm sure they'll be able to deal with it.

Even if, I can just make a new Facebook account, like I said. That's not the end of the world. It's my email which I care about.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Poseidon wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Never email

Never Text

As I said - this is one of those times where you simply learn from your mistakes.

From now on, I'm keeping my e-mail account so fucking safe...either that, or I'm paying for a host or some shit. Or Gmail. Whichever.

I'm actually surprised, only one post has been dickhead-like and the guy's banned now...you've proven me wrong, BF2s.
If you want, I can give you a gmail invite once you get your yahoo email issue resolved.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Never email

Never Text

If you want, I can give you a gmail invite once you get your yahoo email issue resolved.
I've got 2, but thanks anyways.

I'm switching over after this. Not worth it. I dunno whether he hacked my facebook (which is the more likely of the two tbh) or my e-mail, but regardless, it's g-mail all the way for me from now on.
War Man

Poseidon wrote:

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I've got 2, but thanks anyways.

I'm switching over after this. Not worth it. I dunno whether he hacked my facebook (which is the more likely of the two tbh) or my e-mail, but regardless, it's g-mail all the way for me from now on.
*gets heart broken that there is still no one to email to*
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Just because I was curious (and I could say I talked to them ), I just called the FBI's Cyber-Crimes unit to see if I could press charges. Turns out I can (after all, it IS hacking), and so can Facebook/Yahoo against him. I was pretty surprised they have someone answering calls at 5 in the freaking morning tbh...

Question is - should I? Sure, it'd take one more chan-retard off his computer, but I don't know if it's worth it over an E-Mail account, regardless of what's inside. It's not like he stole The Football or anything, but still....our family has enough money problems so having some little 17 year old with my mom's CC numbers is the last thing we need.

Thoughts, opinions? Is it worth it?
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london

Poseidon wrote:

Question is - should I? Sure, it'd take one more chan-retard off his computer, but I don't know if it's worth it over an E-Mail account, regardless of what's inside. It's not like he stole The Football or anything, but still....our family has enough money problems so having some little 17 year old with my mom's CC numbers is the last thing we need.
Do it

Last edited by kptk92 (2008-08-27 02:02:54)

War Man

Poseidon wrote:

Just because I was curious (and I could say I talked to them ), I just called the FBI's Cyber-Crimes unit to see if I could press charges. Turns out I can (after all, it IS hacking), and so can Facebook/Yahoo against him. I was pretty surprised they have someone answering calls at 5 in the freaking morning tbh...

Find out who did it first before you do such a thing
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

War Man wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Find out who did it first before you do such a thing
...That'd be why I'd use them, War Man. lol. If I knew who it was (besides the vague definition of chan-retard) then this wouldn't be a problem. I'm good at reasoning, but not if I can't come in contact with the person who's done it.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Definately ... go for it, let the mofo burn ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard