u
+972|6405|tc_london
https://pnmedia.gamespy.com/screenshots/phl/14083433.jpg

dis is a knife
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

james@alienware wrote:

Tag Formula 1. I'll hopefully be getting one before I go to uni.

http://www.dexigner.com/detail/files/11703.jpg

It's about £650.
Wow, you're cool.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

1) You're a pom, not an Aussie.

2) That's a butterfly knife, universally used by faggots who think they look cool flicking it.

3) You NEVER quote Croc Dundee's knife line and then provide a pic without it being a decent sized hunting/bowie knife. Or a machete.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5751|Roma
https://www.grabup.com/uploads/d7ee14a723ec6e6fca0f41d987d6764a.png?direct
Italian watch ftw.
I have this one, its very nice
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6270

Parker wrote:

you silly foreigners......

dragons dont exist.

btw;
my logo>your flag

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/ … lish-1.png

har har har
Cool logo, but the griffens look like they are pointing at the word parker and lol
i g
Banned
+876|5861|GA

Parker wrote:

lies.
i have seen one.

in fact, i found one in some woods in northern georgia.
ill have some DNA for the scientists to test later this week.

i promise....you can trust me, seriously
gtfo mah states
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California

blah wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

POUNDS!? my lord...
You can spend a lot more than that if you so wished. 1.8k is cheap in watch standards.
CHEAP???ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB?!YOU TALK ABOUT MONEY LIKE IT'S GROWING ON TREES.
You can find good quality watch for around 100 pounds,which is 10x cheaper.

I can buy a used car for 1800 quids.

go kill yourself.
Are you fucking dumb? Do you not understand what it means for something to be cheap in comparison with other models available, while still being expensive over all?

Its a piece of jewelry, and a decent one will last a life time. A couple grand over the rest of your life isn't particularly a big deal if you are a successful adult.
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6354|CA, USA
here you go: 
https://www.casio.com/resource/images/large/ca53w-1_large.jpg

here's another one:
https://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/ledbinarywatch.jpg

last one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiwmSR3fMr8

seriously though, i'd get an Omega Seamaster or one of the Breitlings.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6388

Parker wrote:

you silly foreigners......

dragons dont exist.

btw;
my logo>your flag

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/ … lish-1.png

har har har
You know Parker, have you ever thought of...smoothing out the picture then sharpening the edges a bit?  If I've got spare time over the holidays I might try, but it still looks a little woodcut, if you know what I mean.  Maybe make it look a little sleeker, more feathers...
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6442|EE Chat
http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/jul/04sld2.htm
The cheapest I could find in good taste.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5971|England

why would anyone spend more than £20 on a watch it only tells you the fuckin time

not as if your ever far from a clock or even a phone

Last edited by SamTheMan:D (2008-08-26 11:05:14)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

SamTheMan:D wrote:

why would anyone spend more than £20 on a watch it only tells you the fuckin time

Same could be said for a computer.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
Has it been found yet?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Um... not really. A watch isn't something that requires grounbreaking technology for it to work... they have been around for a very very long time... Seem to be doing fine. The statement COULD be applied if someone was looking for a stupidly expensive computer and a stupidly expensive watch.... But I am pretty sure prices for computers are more justified than prices for watches.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Um... not really. A watch isn't something that requires grounbreaking technology for it to work... they have been around for a very very long time... Seem to be doing fine. The statement COULD be applied if someone was looking for a stupidly expensive computer and a stupidly expensive watch.... But I am pretty sure prices for computers are more justified than prices for watches.
^^^ This.

I'd rather get a 1.8K computer than a 1.8K watch any day. You can do much, more more than what you can do with a watch. I've got a $50 Timex watch and it suits me just fine. Been working for almost 1 1/2 years now flawlessly.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

STFU. >:3
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Not more justified... You don't need to play your video games.
It comes down to justified to who?

Sam.... You only wear clothing you bought from the thrift store right? And even then you shop around and compare prices?
Get your shoes used, and only wear one pair?

Have any shirts with logos?

People spend fucking tons on jewelry, necklaces that do NOTHING.... If you are gonna wear a watch, and you have the money... why not wear a nice one?

Some watches get passed down from generation to generation, If  its a quality watch lasting 20 years isn't extraordinary...

So if you buy a 1.5k watch, but keep it for 20 years.... your only paying $0.20 a day.
If you have ever bought a pair of shoes worth more then $75 that lasted less then a year of every day use your paying the same amount per day for them.

A watch is a piece of  jewelry, and beyond that quality older watches are marvels of engineering. While no longer necessary due to modern manufacturing, the designs employed in old watches to keep accurate time are AMAZING. While its relatively simple to make an accurate watch now a days, making a watch that performs well used to be a true art. Many of the more expensive watches now reproduce these designs, not because its necessary like it used to be, but more to pay homage to them, or as an act of craftsmanship.

So you CAN go buy a $20 timex.... You can also buy plastic bracelets and a $10 folding chair. But some people want a nice piece of jewelry, and appreciate craftsmanship.

Not to make it sound too insignificant, but if your are an adult making good money a $1k isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6484|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
http://www.replicahause.com/

You can get a Rolax.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

SgtHeihn wrote:

You can get a Rolax.
700USD for a fake watch?!
i g
Banned
+876|5861|GA

Poseidon wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

^^^ This.

I'd rather get a 1.8K computer than a 1.8K watch any day. You can do much, more more than what you can do with a watch. I've got a $50 Timex watch and it suits me just fine. Been working for almost 1 1/2 years now flawlessly.
you can do just as much with a thousand dollar computer as you can with a 2k one
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

VicktorVauhn wrote:

[

Sam.... You only wear clothing you bought from the thrift store right? And even then you shop around and compare prices?

People spend fucking tons on jewelry, necklaces that do NOTHING.... If you are gonna wear a watch, and you have the money... why not wear a nice one?

Some watches get passed down from generation to generation, If  its a quality watch lasting 20 years isn't extraordinary...

So if you buy a 1.5k watch, but keep it for 20 years.... your only paying $0.20 a day.
If you have ever bought a pair of shoes worth more then $75 that lasted less then a year of every day use your paying the same amount per day for them.

A watch is a piece of  jewelry, and beyond that quality older watches are marvels of engineering. While no longer necessary due to modern manufacturing, the designs employed in old watches to keep accurate time are AMAZING. While its relatively simple to make an accurate watch now a days, making a watch that performs well used to be a true art. Many of the more expensive watches now reproduce these designs, not because its necessary like it used to be, but more to pay homage to them, or as an act of craftsmanship.

So you CAN go buy a $20 timex.... You can also buy plastic bracelets and a $10 folding chair. But some people want a nice piece of jewelry, and appreciate craftsmanship.

Not to make it sound too insignificant, but if your are an adult making good money a $1k isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
lol.

Oh, so I can make money from my watch and repay it? By doing what?
With a computer, I can earn the money to pay it back in less than a year. A watch? Um... it keeps the time. Yes, of course, there are different qualities of watches.... but a basic Swatch will last you for AT LEAST 10 years ( I would know, my friend has one ) and it cost somewhere in the region of $160. There is no justification for those exorbitant prices. It's called theft.

Buying a "fashion" t-shirt is no different to buying a normal t-shirt. Both were probably made in the exact same factory with the same materials. That comparison is useless.

Marvels of engineering? Really? I thought the marvels of engineering now were next generation graphics, monster CPUs, AI.... Not bloody watches. Yes, they may be improving over time, but they WERE marvels. If you can buy a decent watch for $170 and it keeps the time perfectly for 5 years ( not counting the tiny seconds lost, assuming that that happens on each watch ) then what the fuck do you need a $12000 one for?

There is NO comparison between an expensive computer and an expensive watch. An expensive watch is just vanity of the purest form. An expensive computer may be required for work, for hobbies or for large companies.... It was a poor and stupid comparison.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Zimmer wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

[

lol.

Oh, so I can make money from my watch and repay it? By doing what?
With a computer, I can earn the money to pay it back in less than a year. A watch? Um... it keeps the time. Yes, of course, there are different qualities of watches.... but a basic Swatch will last you for AT LEAST 10 years ( I would know, my friend has one ) and it cost somewhere in the region of $160. There is no justification for those exorbitant prices. It's called theft.

Buying a "fashion" t-shirt is no different to buying a normal t-shirt. Both were probably made in the exact same factory with the same materials. That comparison is useless.

Marvels of engineering? Really? I thought the marvels of engineering now were next generation graphics, monster CPUs, AI.... Not bloody watches. Yes, they may be improving over time, but they WERE marvels. If you can buy a decent watch for $170 and it keeps the time perfectly for 5 years ( not counting the tiny seconds lost, assuming that that happens on each watch ) then what the fuck do you need a $12000 one for?

There is NO comparison between an expensive computer and an expensive watch. An expensive watch is just vanity of the purest form. An expensive computer may be required for work, for hobbies or for large companies.... It was a poor and stupid comparison.
Most of what you're saying is down to opinion, but saying a good watch is not a marvel of engineering is ridiculous. Have you ever seen inside a good watch? It's insane how complex they are.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Most of what you're saying is down to opinion, but saying a good watch is not a marvel of engineering is ridiculous. Have you ever seen inside a good watch? It's insane how complex they are.
So is the inside of a cheap one. That is all I am saying.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6484|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

ghettoperson wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

You can get a Rolax.
700USD for a fake watch?!
Better than $1700 lol, just do a search and you can find knock offs of any brand.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard