KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I read slow - sometimes I reread passages or pages to fully comprehend them.  I'm reading Collapse by Jared Diamond right now, taking my time.
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

I can't really give a timeframe, because I don't really pay attention to that, but all my friends read way slower than me so I guess I read pretty fast. I have to watch it though, because if I'm tired or bored I will end up reading like 3 pages without thinking about them and have to go back because I don't remember what happened.
Ratzinger
+43|6362|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Get thru 3-4 novels a week, just reading on the back verandah while smoking, or when the telly sucks.
I like to re-read novels after a few months, sometimes pick up nuances I didnt notice.
Had a Russian period around 18, Anna Karenina, War & Peace, Gulag Archipelago, Cancer Ward etc.
Read a lot of WW2 history, got around 50 reference books on WW2 alone.

Reading has given me so much pleasure and entertainment over the years!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619
I can read 350-400 pages in a day..I'm a fast reader
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
A week.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Including breaks, I need about an hour for 100 pages. So I'll need 2-3 hours for that book. If there's one thing studying law teaches you, it's to read very quickly
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

Brother read all of the 'Dark Tower' Series by Stephen King in about 2 weeks I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(series)

Last edited by naightknifar (2008-08-25 02:13:10)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

Depends how long the book is.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

Dunno, never found out really, got too bored before I finished it...

10 pages in the beginning, 10 in the middle, 10 at the end is how I finished every single book that I had to read for school/college.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

I'm a pretty quick reader, but it depends on the book. I read whatever the last Harry Potter book was called in about 4/5 hours. If it's non fiction I tend to take more time with it.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6566|England
I'm a speed reader at around 600-800 words a minute, however if I'm enjoying a book I'll take my time and enjoy it and will deliberately read a lot slower so I actually get some enjoyment out of it.

I was paid to read the last Harry Potter book when it came out so I could tell people all the key events exactly, but afterwards I read it again slowly so I could actually enjoy it myself.

Really it all depends as to whether I'm enjoying the book, or I'm reading it because I have to for whatever reason and am not enjoying it that much.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
Yeah, I take my time.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6720

Read some of the larger harry potter books (6-700 pages) in one night.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
It depends.
Sometimes If its a book that i really really like i finish it in a week or so.
But if the book is school related or don't like it then it takes me a while to read them.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

I don't.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Depends - if I have free time, about a day in spurts.

If not, up to three weeks.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia
If i really want to read the book - A week - If not it takes me weeks upon weeks to even open the book.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6664|Ireland
If it a book i chose to read myself, probably about 4 months before I give up. And if its a novel my english teacher asks me to read, i dont. I did end of year summer test on a book i didnt read

8 pages of bull shit...

i got a c
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5718|Croatia
I can read a book consisted of 200-300 pages in couple of days if I wanted to,but it usually stretches through couple of months due to my epic laziness and unwillingness to read.

Although there is some thing called speed reading.Very good speed readers can read a 300pg book in less than a day or in a matter of hours.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Couple of hundred pages, a day. I just finished an almost 800 page book in a week, but there were distractions...

I could have done it in 203 days, I reckon.

But I only read really good books (IMO).
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

I'm assuming you meant to say 2 or 3 days rather than 203?
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6715|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
For me it depends on the book and if l can get into it or not. The last book l read (Picking up the Brass) was 372 pages long. I read it in 2 days. I just could'nt put the thing down it was great! I can't under stand these people that manage to read a book a largish book aday.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

well, i usually read a couple pages a night to fall asleep.  So, it could take a very long time.  Sometimes, by the end of the book, I will have forgotten how it started...

But I waited to read any of the Harry Potter books until the were all out...and read for a week straight to finish.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
It depends.

If its very gripping then about 2-3 days.

If its just 'alright' then about a week.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

rh27 wrote:

I'm a speed reader at around 600-800 words a minute
how'd you measure that?  i'd like to measure my reading speed, i like to think i'm pretty fast.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard