FFOLKES
+39|6753
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.p … d=37238198

"Ok you quoted me, Electronic arts had to deal with 18,000+ people probably emailing them complaining about this video. So they wiped my stats not even a full day later, this was a retaliatory response by a company that is reputable? You would be naive to dismiss that fact. Other than that I couldn't give the sweat off my balls about the company. Every title they seem to bring out is bug ridden beta rushed and yes now nazi-like managed." - GODJOEY
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6759|Human Meat Shield
Yeah, what really stood out is the 54,000 kills and the 5,000 deaths.. DOH! I didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Need to at least pretend to die once in awhile.
Jakethe8lf
+13|6631|Victoria, Australia
I propose we build a time machine and send him into Auschwitz to see what REAL Nazi's are like. What an emo, you don't like the game, don't buy it. Moron.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6691

Jakethe8lf wrote:

I propose we build a time machine and send him into Auschwitz to see what REAL Nazi's are like. What an emo, you don't like the game, don't buy it. Moron.
I agree. Now we just have to come up with a working theory of what, exactly, "time" is, then find a way to manipulate it, and then find a way to control our way of manipulating it.

Its already known that strong gravity slows time, so perhaps areas with immensly strong gravitational fields, such as a singularity, can be used to send matter back in time. So if we take this one step further, Time itself must have physical properties, which are affected in some way by gravitational fields. Therefore, there must be some way of either slowing, or stopping time completely.

I'm really bored.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6725|cairns australia

FFOLKES wrote:

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=37238198

"Ok you quoted me, Electronic arts had to deal with 18,000+ people probably emailing them complaining about this video. So they wiped my stats not even a full day later, this was a retaliatory response by a company that is reputable? You would be naive to dismiss that fact. Other than that I couldn't give the sweat off my balls about the company. Every title they seem to bring out is bug ridden beta rushed and yes now nazi-like managed." - GODJOEY
that info was posted in the wtf thread.dont think you needed to start a new thread.

Last edited by pokerplaya (2006-03-05 05:21:43)

||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6772

Skruples wrote:

Jakethe8lf wrote:

I agree. Now we just have to come up with a working theory of what, exactly, "time" is, then find a way to manipulate it, and then find a way to control our way of manipulating it.

Its already known that strong gravity slows time, so perhaps areas with immensly strong gravitational fields, such as a singularity, can be used to send matter back in time. So if we take this one step further, Time itself must have physical properties, which are affected in some way by gravitational fields. Therefore, there must be some way of either slowing, or stopping time completely.

I'm really bored.
actually, time is a concept completely created by man (developed to measure life span i think)...realistically speaking, time doesn't exist
[M]Chicken
+1|6674|Texas
GodDoughboy got pwned. The BF2 community doesnt owe him shit, much less an apology as someone said previously. I love the fact that his site was hacked.....

The Doughboy in all his glory (yes, thats his face in the pic rotfl).. you can tell due to the unibrow

https://www.okamis.net/fox/BF2/moderscontest-doughboy.jpg

Last edited by [M]Chicken (2006-03-05 19:25:39)

edzed
+1|6686
What is this video of him hacking I presume, could someone post a link to it?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6750|San Antonio, Texas

Skruples wrote:

I'm really bored.
*Off-Topic*

How can you slow down, stop, or reverse something that is totaly man-made?

*On-Topic*

If you don't like it, DON'T PLAY IT!

EDIT:

edzed wrote:

What is this video of him hacking I presume, could someone post a link to it?
http://files.filefront.com/frackwmv/;48 … einfo.html

He hacked the singleplayer...And told EA to go fuck off...WOHOO (even though DICE is the game developer, I don't know why people blame EA) And got his stats reset.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2006-03-05 20:08:02)

Mantlsman
+1|6636
that info was posted in the wtf thread.dont think you needed to start a new thread.
shut-up
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6637|Peoria
dude, where the hell can i get THAT SRAW!?
BigDaddy83
+1|6704

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

Skruples wrote:

Jakethe8lf wrote:

I'm really bored.
actually, time is a concept completely created by man (developed to measure life span i think)...realistically speaking, time doesn't exist
Time is not a concept, it's a universal physical quantity.  Realitivity, or all physical measurments, rely on time.  What is not a naturally occuring idea is the measurment of time.  Time can change, but so can distances, when you change reference frames. 

I ask you, how can you determine the relative velocity between two objects, if you can't measure the change in distance per change in time?  Yes, the numbers attached to time and distance are abitrary, but the concepts are not.  You still travel a certain number of meters over a certain time, no what numbers or quantities are attached to the measurements.
Ratman12
+1|6661|TC Michigan
Time is the fourth dimension (HG Wells was right!). You cannot move in space without moving in time. Gravity doesn't just slow time, it warps it, just like it warps space to cause objects to fall into orbits. Theoretically, a large enough gravitational force could pull time into a circular shape, allowing travel into the past, but no object could survive such a voyage.

Time is very real. We "invented" it, then discovered we invented something that already exists. This is evident in Einstein's relativity concept. To prove it, two atomic clocks with identical times were flown around the world at different speeds. The faster plane's clock was behind the slower plane's at the end of the journey. Going faster literally slowed time for matter involved in the faster plane, albeit on a monumentally small scale. Technically, you live longer (relative to other people) the more you walk and run, rather than sitting on the couch, because you're moving faster, thus slowing your time relative to everyone else, or the conceptual couch-sitting self. Although if it added up to more than a couple seconds throughout a lifetime, I'd be surprised.

Um... as far as the stat padding guy... guess all I have to say is "Oh, Snap!"

Last edited by Ratman12 (2006-03-05 22:05:13)

[M]Chicken
+1|6674|Texas
You have it all wrong... The Time was that backup band for Morris Day in the early-mid 80's and sang such great "classics" as "the bird" and "Oak Tree"

ps - teamgod still licks taint...
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6710|Melbourne, Australia
hes a sad emo cunt with no life an deserves to be lined up in the street along with people like him and shot right in the face... but damn dat SRAW LOOKS SO COOL .. IMAGINE IT VURSING A CHOPPER!!
Smiley
+1|6647|Newcastle, NSW, Australia
http://files.filefront.com/frackwmv/;48 … einfo.html

that wasnt on singleplayer.

Well the sniping bit was done on a Gamearena server, and i was present in it. I saw him shooting his auto rifle at me and couldnt get over it.
DarkObsidian
+6|6626|Arizona, USA

Ratman12 wrote:

Time is the fourth dimension (HG Wells was right!). You cannot move in space without moving in time. Gravity doesn't just slow time, it warps it, just like it warps space to cause objects to fall into orbits. Theoretically, a large enough gravitational force could pull time into a circular shape, allowing travel into the past, but no object could survive such a voyage.

Time is very real. We "invented" it, then discovered we invented something that already exists. This is evident in Einstein's relativity concept. To prove it, two atomic clocks with identical times were flown around the world at different speeds. The faster plane's clock was behind the slower plane's at the end of the journey. Going faster literally slowed time for matter involved in the faster plane, albeit on a monumentally small scale. Technically, you live longer (relative to other people) the more you walk and run, rather than sitting on the couch, because you're moving faster, thus slowing your time relative to everyone else, or the conceptual couch-sitting self. Although if it added up to more than a couple seconds throughout a lifetime, I'd be surprised.

Um... as far as the stat padding guy... guess all I have to say is "Oh, Snap!"
Most of this is correct, however, Einstein's theory of relativity is false.
Time, like everything else, travels in waves.
Light, sound, etc. can be manipulated, therefore so can time.
rgraze
+6|6663
TARDIS anyone?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6727

Haha! Nice to see EA responded. Now they should try to ban their whole hacking clan.
If you just want to fuck EA by hacking you have no personal live.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6779|Singapore

Rathji
+1|6673

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

*Off-Topic*

How can you slow down, stop, or reverse something that is totaly man-made?
How can you slow down, stop or reverse a car? It is man made. Just need to figure out how.

Just because the concept of hours, minutes, years etc is man made, does not mean that time itself is man made. Time passed well before we had given it any units of measure.

Skruples wrote:

I'm really bored.
I have not taken a physics class in almost 12 years,nor do I claim to be an expert in even the slightest regard. But as far as I am concerned the reason it looks like time  stops when near a singularity is due to the fact that all light is pulled into it and slows down, since light does have a mass. Therefore from an extrenal perspective time appears to slow, since our ability to view the events is skewed because the light which we use to view it isn't moving as quickly.

As stated in the older movie "Young Einstien" if you look at a clock noting the time on the dial. If you move away from it at the speed of light, the time will appear not to change. Now, while this was a nonsensical movie, I think that description is actually fairly close to accurate.

Yeah, boredom is fun...

Oh yeah, bitching about getting your stats wiped after publicized hacking certianly isn't going to get you any sympathy.
BigDaddy83
+1|6704

DarkObsidian wrote:

Actually, he is right.  Light is not a measurable dimension, like space.  Time can't be manipulated like light can, it can be manipulated like space can.  The faster you go, the more the static frame's space and time contract.  Read up a little bit on special relativity, especially Lorentz contractions, and you'll see.  Time is not something you can manipulate like light or sound.  Those can be changed by simply changing medium (putting light in glass as opposed to a vacuum), but time is constant through every medium in a reference frame. 

Light, though is constant throughout reference frames, but time and space contract.  You because you can manipulate light or sound does not mean you can manipulate time.  You can manipulate time because you can manipulate space.
DarkObsidian
+6|6626|Arizona, USA

BigDaddy83 wrote:

DarkObsidian wrote:

Actually, he is right.  Light is not a measurable dimension, like space.  Time can't be manipulated like light can, it can be manipulated like space can.  The faster you go, the more the static frame's space and time contract.  Read up a little bit on special relativity, especially Lorentz contractions, and you'll see.  Time is not something you can manipulate like light or sound.  Those can be changed by simply changing medium (putting light in glass as opposed to a vacuum), but time is constant through every medium in a reference frame. 

Light, though is constant throughout reference frames, but time and space contract.  You because you can manipulate light or sound does not mean you can manipulate time.  You can manipulate time because you can manipulate space.
Okay, i'm not going to explain this completely, as it would be alot of typing and would take some time.
However, everything travels in waves, like previously said.
Time can be manipulated, but would be much more difficult, however, still possible.

Here's a link putting Einstein to shame:
http://www.crank.net/einstein.html

EDIT: Just reread your post. Light itself is not a measurable distance, it is used to measure distance though.
I don't know all the details about the falsity of Einstein's theory, but I was present during a debate about it and there were many indications that cancelled out Einsteins statement.

Last edited by DarkObsidian (2006-03-06 08:46:07)

mastermofo
+2|6628
I manipulated time once.  All the sergents at work were bitchin at me because I was always late, so i changed the clocks the next morning when I came in, so I was early.

"Do you want me to be fuckin' retarded?"
airborne916
+24|6656
rofl owned

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard