HippieHunter
+4|6658|Virginia, USA
I'm an American and I'm looking to gain some weight. I'm 6'8" 175lbs so basically skinny as hell. I play sports year round but I can't seem to gain much muscle mass. Still 17 so still growing I guess.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6812
Tuna, cottage cheese, eggs and of course red meat are great in packing on the weight. Are you doing weights? If you wanna gain muscle mass you will want to do that.
Beorn_23_7
Heathenish Foray
+22|6637|Upstate NY

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Tuna, cottage cheese, eggs and of course red meat are great in packing on the weight. Are you doing weights? If you wanna gain muscle mass you will want to do that.
Agreed, all those are great. Low fat milk and lots of water too. Don't forget the oatmeal though. Also eat like every few hours, not enough to get full but enough to not to be hungry, constant fuel for the muscles to grow. It will help get your body fat within 10% if your not already and even if you already you'll go lower so your muscles won't be hidden under fat.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

MrPlatinum wrote:

I make time in my schedule to go to the gym 5 times a week.  All the fat people in the US is more than enough motivation to get into a gym for me.  At least out here in California there are a lot of people who are always consistently worried about their health and weight.  We still have a lot of fat people being carted around though.  When i would drop off my sister at jr high/middle school, i would watch all the kids walk from the school after being dropped off to a carls jr or 7eleven.  That is one problem which is poor diet.  Another is the starbucks craze at least out here in cali.  Walking around with a starbucks cup in hand is almost something for status like driving a ferrari.  I know people who go there multiple times a day.  I read somewhere that 1 of the drinks there is the equilvalent of a full 16oz steak.  It is sad how big some of these people get.
Yeah I see where your going. Maybe 5 years back while i was in my last year of high school i had a very weird bunch of teachers. My teachers would live off coffee they had about 7-8 cups a day, and if your saying 1 of there drinks are equivalent to a full 16 oz zteak well then...
Beorn_23_7
Heathenish Foray
+22|6637|Upstate NY

Gooners wrote:

MrPlatinum wrote:

I make time in my schedule to go to the gym 5 times a week.  All the fat people in the US is more than enough motivation to get into a gym for me.  At least out here in California there are a lot of people who are always consistently worried about their health and weight.  We still have a lot of fat people being carted around though.  When i would drop off my sister at jr high/middle school, i would watch all the kids walk from the school after being dropped off to a carls jr or 7eleven.  That is one problem which is poor diet.  Another is the starbucks craze at least out here in cali.  Walking around with a starbucks cup in hand is almost something for status like driving a ferrari.  I know people who go there multiple times a day.  I read somewhere that 1 of the drinks there is the equilvalent of a full 16oz steak.  It is sad how big some of these people get.
Yeah I see where your going. Maybe 5 years back while i was in my last year of high school i had a very weird bunch of teachers. My teachers would live off coffee they had about 7-8 cups a day, and if your saying 1 of there drinks are equivalent to a full 16 oz zteak well then...
its those frappachinos and whole milk lattes that are bad........not regular/black coffee or espresso, those are fat free and virtually calorie free, only caffine to worry about there. It's all what you put in it.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6695|NJ
one of the main resones is that it's really expensive to eat healthy in the States and much cheaper to eat unheathly here.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6691|Calgary
I'm not......lol......Supersize me 
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6754|United States of America
I ain't fat, I'm 14, haven't played sports in a year, and sit around the house with nothing to do.  High School might change that.
Rathji
+1|6682

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm a minority in our blatenly lazy culter.
Yes, you are in the minority, I would say well over half the people in the US can spell 'Culture', or maybe 'Blatantly'. I could be wrong though, I have met some pretty fucking stupid Americans.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
why are non americans so dirty
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
at least our fat people take showers
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6691|Calgary

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

at least our fat people take showers
lol
lt.pritchard
+4|6637|Napoleon, Ohio
Im from Ohio and I will tell you why we have so many fat people here: its all the BW3s restaurants! You should see the hefty chicks cheering on the browns while sucking down a few hundred wings. Very Erotic
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

lt.pritchard wrote:

Im from Ohio and I will tell you why we have so many fat people here: its all the BW3s restaurants! You should see the hefty chicks cheering on the browns while sucking down a few hundred wings. Very Erotic
Lolz..... dead on brother.
beerface702
+65|6692|las vegas
once i hit 25 i put on some pounds. im 5'10 and weight about 165 . that is fat to me, up from 148 lol

probably all the brew.

americans are lazy fucks. but europeans are too. almost every british person ive met is over weight and just as obnxious
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

I got out of the Marines officially in February of this year, and I have put on 10 pounds.  Why?  Simple. I ain't running 5 miles everyday during the week.
lt.pritchard
+4|6637|Napoleon, Ohio

beerface702 wrote:

once i hit 25 i put on some pounds. im 5'10 and weight about 165 . that is fat to me, up from 148 lol

probably all the brew.

americans are lazy fucks. but europeans are too. almost every british person ive met is over weight and just as obnxious
OMG went to London last year to visit a friend going to college there and found out that their "bars/pubs" stop serving drinks around 9:30-10 wtf. Maybe that extra 4 hours a night drinking makes a difference. And I know the clubs stay open later but I do way way way more drinking in a pub then at a club. For one it takes you forever to get a drink at a club unless your date is banging one of the bar backs on the side.
Mafia47
+27|6739|Chicago
My theory

1.) Were naturally getting bigger (not just weight but height too) because of the diet we seem to live on now and because of wonderful genetics...i don't know if many people notice, but do you usually see a fat child with his two parents who are picture perfect commercial parents? no that fat child is with his two parents who are also fat. This is rough guess 80 percent true...so thats genetics + fast food = woh can i have that 2nd chair or does your left ass cheek need it?

2.) Lets face it were lazy as HELL i mean with all the video games now, cars, TV, movies, etc etc etc who wants to go outside and play a sport...well i guess that depends on who you talk to.

Personally i live in the southern end of wisconsin and in my HS we have maybe (out of 4,000 kids) about 20 who are overweight and around my whole city (65,000) their isn't a whole lot of overweight people so a lot of it is just the town too...our town is semi sports and outdoors oriented so that may have something to do with it...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

lt.pritchard wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

probably all the brew.

OMG went to London last year to visit a friend going to college there and found out that their "bars/pubs" stop serving drinks around 9:30-10 wtf. Maybe that extra 4 hours a night drinking makes a difference. And I know the clubs stay open later but I do way way way more drinking in a pub then at a club. For one it takes you forever to get a drink at a club unless your date is banging one of the bar backs on the side.
That's not actually true. Pubs stay upon as late as their license permits, it used to be 11pm I think, but not anymore. Clubs in London are regularly open and serving drinks till 6 or 7am.

Most pubs are open till 12 nowadays, some even later, especially on weekends.
lt.pritchard
+4|6637|Napoleon, Ohio

Mafia47 wrote:

My theory

1.) Were naturally getting bigger (not just weight but height too) because of the diet we seem to live on now and because of wonderful genetics...i don't know if many people notice, but do you usually see a fat child with his two parents who are picture perfect commercial parents? no that fat child is with his two parents who are also fat. This is rough guess 80 percent true...so thats genetics + fast food = woh can i have that 2nd chair or does your left ass cheek need it?

2.) Lets face it were lazy as HELL i mean with all the video games now, cars, TV, movies, etc etc etc who wants to go outside and play a sport...well i guess that depends on who you talk to.

Personally i live in the southern end of wisconsin and in my HS we have maybe (out of 4,000 kids) about 20 who are overweight and around my whole city (65,000) their isn't a whole lot of overweight people so a lot of it is just the town too...our town is semi sports and outdoors oriented so that may have something to do with it...
True True...But games like BF, MOH etc shouldnt count in that video game list I mean driving in traffic around Detroit will make you want to shoot someone with a AK-101 its just nice to have a place to let out all that anger.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6625|Los Angeles, California, US.
A news story said, In a Few Years, (Or 10 Years, I cant Remember) That 1 In 3 Europeans Will Be Overweight, Sorry, I cant find the Story, I just remember reading it. Not just Americans. .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
FriiginChomper
+41|6700
I think its because kids spend to long on bf2 and not doing any physical activity.
and the P.E is school is hardly any workout at all , i know because i do P.E at high school, the teacher doesnt care if we run or walk when we have to run the Mile.
and maybe because some kids parents take them to eat Ronald McDonald. And the King, who wakes up in theyre beds and is smiling.
but regardless of what it is, It Is a problem.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
I think its that everyone uses a car to move not walk or ride a bicycle, also too much junk food or fast food all that stuff makes you fat, also if you dont move around or get your body to burn some calories those calories that you eat will turn to fat, and you'll become heavy.

Last edited by blademaster (2006-09-10 21:13:21)

RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6442|California
poverty
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6694|Mountains of West Virginia
I have been of stocky nature all my life, I am not 5'7" 190 but can squat at least double my body weight on a good day. I am also a shining example of a big kid in a thin family. When I lived at home my mother made good meals, we out maybe once a week, fast food once a month. I still got kinda heavy around 14. Now, I admit I make bad choices when I eat. Being at college with all the brew doesnt help much either.

But I do run every other night and try to eat a salad once a day at the dining hall. But I think the over all obsitey has led on to an overall increase in laziness in us. I mean I am sitting in the library today and a group of heavyset kids bitch about how the elevator isnt coming down fast enough so they can ride it up once god damn floor

If you eat to much cake and get fat that is one thing. But being fat, and whiny because you are lazy is another.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard