GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6414|Finland

SoC is very good game. Can't wait to play this one.
Is it still dx9 or did they go dx10? I sure hope it is dx9 or it will run like crap...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6745|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

bennisboy wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

I waited 3 years for Shadow of Chernobyl, back when it was called Oblivion Lost.  I'll wait as patiently for this one.  SoC was the most underrated game of 2007.
I concur, its possibly my fave ever game
Yes very much so. At first l did'nt bother with the game when it came out. I got a free copy when l upgraded my Graphics cards (GTX 8800) and l'm chuffed to fuck l did. Gleaming game! Can't wait for this one!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The first Stalker turned me off with the sheer amount of running back and forth required and the fact that a head shot against a human didn't guarantee a takedown. Other than that, it was good.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-03-09 16:32:42)

Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine
Release date - 29th of August '08
And yes, it will support DX10

http://video.i.ua/user/413386/571/30761/
It is demonstration vid of Clear Sky DX10 graphics. Text is in russian though

Last edited by Longbow (2008-03-31 07:08:50)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

Longbow wrote:

Release date - 29th of August '08
And yes, it will support DX10

http://video.i.ua/user/413386/571/30761/
It is demonstration vid of Clear Sky DX10 graphics. Text is in russian though
Thanks for the find matey... Bit of a shiter its that far away!
Longbow
info from another interview (it is in russian, so I wont post it here)

You will be able to mod your guns - bulk up accuracy, damage, magazine capacity, etc.
There will be several new guns - all with rl analogues
Advanced A-life sistem (which failed in first SoC, yet developers say they made it work)
Clanwars ; clans will have group AI - every time you play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. situation will be different 
You will be able to get quests from each clan member
You will be able to cooperate with clan privates to complete various quests
All clans will have their main bases and will fight for territory - you will be able to join clan and swapp between clans
Clans will send assault teams to secure objectives - you will be able to join this teams
Artefacts and suits will become much more expensive
Not sure, but I think they are going to add various detectors
Much more anomalies - and they will be bigger
Atleast four new locations - Hospital, Red Forest, Swamp and The City of Limansk
New faction - Clear Sky
New creatures - like in any good add-on
New traveling sistem

and much more

Last edited by Longbow (2008-04-01 08:01:52)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

Longbow wrote:

info from another interview (it is in russian, so I wont post it here)

You will be able to mod your guns - bulk up accuracy, damage, magazine capacity, etc.
There will be several new guns - all with rl analogues
Advanced A-life sistem (which failed in first SoC, yet developers say they made it work)
Clanwars ; clans will have group AI - every time you play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. situation will be different 
You will be able to get quests from each clan member
You will be able to cooperate with clan privates to complete various quests
All clans will have their main bases and will fight for territory - you will be able to join clan and swapp between clans
Clans will send assault teams to secure objectives - you will be able to join this teams
Artefacts and suits will become much more expensive
Not sure, but I think they are going to add various detectors
Much more anomalies - and they will be bigger
Atleast four new locations - Hospital, Red Forest, Swamp and The City of Limansk
New faction - Clear Sky
New creatures - like in any good add-on
New traveling sistem

and much more
Gleaming good find. Another duty rumor l heard was that Pripyat might not feature in this one. Which is a shame really has it was good to bimble around. Could have been better though, more to explore!
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6194|Schofield Barracks
the first one was
Longbow

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

the first one was
The second one is going to be 3x I kinda trust this company ( GSC ) - they make amazing games.
Jepeto87
+38|6685|Dublin

The_Guardsman wrote:

l heard was that Pripyat might not feature in this one. Which is a shame really has it was good to bimble around. Could have been better though, more to explore!
Thats confirmed I believe, a pity as I was looking forward to more "bimbling" around and now there's to be none!!
Longbow

The_Guardsman wrote:

l heard was that Pripyat might not feature in this one. Which is a shame really has it was good to bimble around. Could have been better though, more to explore!
There will be no Pripyat and X-19 (Radar) because noone turned off X-19 brain killer station (CS takes place in the past, one year before SoC). Yet I have unconfirmed info that there will be another (5th) new location under Pripyat - Wormholes or whatever it will be called Because again the goal is to reach Chernobyl NPP. You will also be able to meet Marked aka Shooter.

edit : new char will be mercenary

Last edited by Longbow (2008-04-02 11:38:11)

bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
new vid, more of a tech demo, still cant wait tho!
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar … ?id=192343
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5997

Longbow wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

There will be no Pripyat and X-19 (Radar) because noone turned off X-19 brain killer station (CS takes place in the past, one year before SoC). Yet I have unconfirmed info that there will be another (5th) new location under Pripyat - Wormholes or whatever it will be called Because again the goal is to reach Chernobyl NPP. You will also be able to meet Marked aka Shooter.

The new locs will be Bog and Limansk, atleast those are confirmed. I played the E3 demo but it was really dull, maybe because thats like one year old by now. I cannot give links for warez here but I got a link somewhere if anyone is interested
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
Bastards! just got an email saying the release date has been pushed back to the 5th of september!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
SoC was a friggin awesome game (Had some problem running it due to old computer)...Im definatly looking forward Clear Sky.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

The_Guardsman wrote:

Bastards! just got an email saying the release date has been pushed back to the 5th of september!
from where?
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6598|S.C.

Longbow wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

Damn I hate those underground labs. Having to get through snorks and bloodsuckers to get in (makes me jump everytime). Then having to fight impossible military to get out (quicksave a lot, headshots don't kill the first time).
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
i wasted 25 quid on this game.  I want my money back.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

mikeyb118 wrote:

Longbow wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

Damn I hate those underground labs. Having to get through snorks and bloodsuckers to get in (makes me jump everytime). Then having to fight impossible military to get out (quicksave a lot, headshots don't kill the first time).
^^ Gotta hate those damn bloodsucker and Controller...make me shit myself most of the time.
Longbow
19 days till Clear Sky release
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

krazed wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

from where?
I've pre ordered the game from Game stores, so it arrives the day its released! Buggers turned around and said its pushed back till 5th of september. The swine!
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6752|Estonia
well ... russian version was relased today, international ver will be relased 5th september
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Humm, cool, thanks for the info dude, definatly looking forward for it.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

KuriVaiM (EST) wrote:

well ... russian version was relased today, international ver will be relased 5th september
Any good?
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
Well I just preordered it for £17.99 from game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard