Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire
I have been lifting weights for about 7 years now but would never ever dream of touching steroids, a friend of mine used them for a while and the effects were dramatic in a very short space of time but for me the reported downsides have always sounded way worse than any possible upside. Thankfully the guy I know stopped after a while and no longer uses them and lucky for him he didn't end up like this poor German guy who developed acne on his chest as a side effect of the drug. The acne became ulcerated and resulted in severe scarring all over his chest...nice!

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7575024.stm
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

That's right kids! Stereos r bad. Just eat properly and add some of those normal ingredients you get from the gym/store. I usually just get one of those icky drinks after training.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6671|In You Endo- Stoke
Roids are bad Mmmmkay

(no not hemaroids(sp) either)
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Bad acne?

That's not the worst side affect of steroid use.

Your testicles shrink. Your body increases the estrogen releases into your body to balance the over flow of testosterone, so you then develop small breasts. Then, if you take an estrogen blocker to compensate for those side affects more problems occur. With the increased testosterone levels you also get angrier faster and become agitated all the time.

That's just off the top of my head what can happen to you. I'm sure there's even worse. Let alone addiction. Risk of infected needles with god knows what.

Keep off the juice, all of you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mavik
+22|5769|Germany
Don't know which German guy you the OP meant, but this one fared a little bit worse than a scared chest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_M%C3%BCnzer
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6318|England
Fuck me. Thats some bad scarring.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6671|In You Endo- Stoke
inb4barrybondsbigheadpic
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6125|Scotland!
inb4chrisbenoit
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6227|S.A. Australia
Then theres the roid rage...
Serious Flex
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6453|UK
Roooooooooooooooooooooid rage whilst the positive effects of steroids are pretty much amazing, the results can be recieved through hard work and patience you;ll eventually get there. Take ZMA instead.

Last edited by wah1188 (2008-08-22 08:27:18)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
bitchtits!

https://www.quizlaw.com/blog/images/bitchtits.jpg
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
Yeah but you're not gonna tell him on the street are you? Cause he is one mean, angry, big motherfucker.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6190|Winland

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

Freezer7Pro wrote:

inb4 bombardier9999
hardly what I'd call steroids
jord

Poseidon wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

inb4 bombardier9999
Yeah, they must be really skinny in Finland if you think that's steroid use.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6190|Winland

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

inb4 bombardier9999
He admitted to steroid use.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jord

Freezer7Pro wrote:

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You win debate.
A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5764|A W S M F O X
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6349|CA, USA
why all the demonization of steroid use, yet if somebody is doing coke or has a drinking problem, it's ok and he should just get treatment.  it seems that performance enhancing drugs get a extremely bad rap here.  i feel there is a double standard here.

mild cycles do not have the terrible side effects that people are reporting on here.  it's mostly when you start stacking multiple drugs together and using them in extremely high doses for extended periods of time without an OFF period, do you get the negative side effects.  some drugs do not make the nuts shrink.  others do.  some cause you to get more 'rage' related effects than others.  mostly the rage thing is an effect of amplifying an already existing poor disposition.  if you are 'pissed off' person before steroids, you will be more of a pissed off person while you are ON.  coming off is another problem.  some drugs have the effect of making you cry like a baby when you are coming off a cycle - think about how girls act when they are on their period.  do you want to feel that way?  of course there are drugs to help jump start your testes to produce again.  get it?  there's drugs for this and drugs for that.  pretty soon, it gets to be alot of dollars.

as far as strength benefits, you can expect to gain probably 50 pounds on bench and maybe 100 pounds on squat and deadlift from a cycle.  this can be done in very short time (maybe like 2 months).  when you go off, you like likely lose about 50% of your strength and unless you keep lifting heavily, you will lose even more.  the danger here is not only from the drugs per se but rather from you injuring yourself.  you feel like you can lift a car and your muscles may say 'go' but your tendons and ligaments are not up for the challenge.  this is where you have problems.  pec-tears and knee problems are very common among heavy users unless they keep their ego in check.  once you are OFF, you will likely feel bummed that your strength went down and you are losing size.  some people will probably ask what is happening (did you lose some weight?).  those kinds of things may cause you to want to do another cycle.  so it can become a psych addiction if you are not careful.

personally, i feel that unless you are a competetive power lifter or trying to do a bodybuilding show, then why mess with it.  it's tons of money that unless you keep up with it, you piss it all away when you stop lifting.  honestly, even most of the supplements they sell are complete garbage.  just eat real food - and i mean enough for 3-4 people and you will gain tons of mass.  as long as you are working out hard (like 4 day week and 1.5 hours per workout), eating this amount of food goes right into muscle building and not into fat.  cut out alcohol and smoking too - they are negative to building a positive physique.

anyway, the overall caution should be exercised for sure and i agree with Braddock that it's not something that one should treat lightly.  Get educated in the risks first.  In US it's a level 3 drug on the same level as coke and other hard drugs.  if you are caught, you will pay the price. 

in case you wonder, i am an advocate for natural training, but i have no problem with people who want to use 'aid'.
A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5764|A W S M F O X

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

WALL OF TEXT.
All I see is ROID RAGE:
https://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/21/images/steroid1.jpg
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6349|CA, USA

A W S M F O X R O X wrote:

this dude is a complete idiot.  he was injecting synthol into his arms.  synthol is an oil based solution.  injecting it into the muscle fascia, it would just stay there.  essentially his arms were mostly 'oil'.  this is noticeable when he tries to flex - there's no hardness in the bicep or tricep - it looks round and soft and wobbly.  muscle is supposed to look like a rock. 

naturally by injecting so much oil into his arms, he developed an infection due to improper sterilization procedures and wound up getting a cyst removed.  he may have been using steroids also, but i believe 99% of the size there you see is due to synthol injections which have no anabolic benefits at all - it's like injecting a liquid implant into the muscle. 

now, what happens 20 years after this oil is still there?  or does it get absorbed by the body?  actually nobody knows.  THAT is the danger with this drug.  synthol is stupid.  plain and simple.  plus it looks ridiculous.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

jord wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

jord wrote:

You win debate.
Does that mean bombardier has small balls?
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6349|CA, USA

A W S M F O X R O X wrote:

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

WALL OF TEXT.
All I see is ROID RAGE:
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/21/images/steroid1.jpg
again, roid rage is only when you are doing a massive stack.  also, it amplifies a pre-existing condition.  if you are cool as a cucumber normally, you won't automatically become like the incredible hulk and want to pick up cars and beat up your girlfriend.  this is a myth. 

the more worrisome factors are the long term health negatives from prolonged use at high levels. 

also, that picture is wrong on some account.  the tendons and ligaments are not weakened.  they stay the same whereas your muscles gain alot of strength.  the problem is that since your tendons and ligaments have not kept pace, then you are prone to injury.  that's the problem.  further, liver damage occurs mostly with oral steroids.  the injectables bypass the liver and go right into the bloodstream.  of course the cholesterol levels are important factor here and both affect those.

read my original post please.  it's not too much.

Last edited by CaptainSpaulding71 (2008-08-22 10:18:50)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

What did he take? Was it Oil or Water? Did he shoot it? There is a great deal of difference between the different types.

I did a cycle of Deca once. /Young and dumb
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44947000/jpg/_44947686_steroid2.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard