mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6601|S.C.

PureFodder wrote:

Lets be serious though and ask the question that everyone wants to know:

What happens if you shoot someone in the face with it!
It should hurt like a hole in the head.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6624|London, England
It will fry/burn you like if you were put in a microwave.
Phrozenbot
+632|6619|do not disturb

PEW PEW PEW lasers.
jsnipy
+3,276|6525|...

I'll be a bit more impressed when they become small enough to mount on the heads of sharks.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6532|Global Command

jsnipy wrote:

I'll be a bit more impressed when they become small enough to mount on the heads of sharks.
or lolcats
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6752

.Sup wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I'm sure this thing is gonna be firing from long distances, safe from any danger.
Perhaps they could implement a cover on it similar to a camera lens cover.  It uncovers, shoots, covers back up again, all within a couple seconds.
Belgium had something like that during WW2. There were openings in the ground and inside it was a cannon. After the cannon fired the opening closed itself.
So did super-mario 64

But in all seriousness, a shutter lens, or simply pointing the lens facedown to the roof of the truck in travel would be an answer. My guess is the shutter option would be used because of less damage by dust etc.
IRONCHEF
+385|6494|Northern California
Sweet!  Another reason to quadruple our defense budget!!  But wait!  WHen Metal Storm weaponry is implemented, then we can quadruple the budget again!

If I were an enemy looking at our defense systems, our technology dependent arsenal, I'd be thinking of one thing...EMP.  Seriously, if we don't pay China's bills, they could just drive some rental vans with some EMP bombs into a few major cities and let 'er rip.  We'd be in the stone age...just like China was before they started stealing all our technology and secrets.  Hell, they even have the gymnastics judges giving Chinese athletes scores they don't deserve...not sure how they did that, but I know it's them!
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6346|tropical regions of london
paper tiger
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6668|NT, like Mick Dundee

IRONCHEF wrote:

Sweet!  Another reason to quadruple our defense budget!!  But wait!  WHen Metal Storm weaponry is implemented, then we can quadruple the budget again!

If I were an enemy looking at our defense systems, our technology dependent arsenal, I'd be thinking of one thing...EMP.  Seriously, if we don't pay China's bills, they could just drive some rental vans with some EMP bombs into a few major cities and let 'er rip.  We'd be in the stone age...just like China was before they started stealing all our technology and secrets.  Hell, they even have the gymnastics judges giving Chinese athletes scores they don't deserve...not sure how they did that, but I know it's them!
Dude, there is a far simpler way....

Just nuke the upper atmo above the USA, apparently a decent sized nuke releases an EMP shockwave........
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
IRONCHEF
+385|6494|Northern California

Flecco wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Dude, there is a far simpler way....

Just nuke the upper atmo above the USA, apparently a decent sized nuke releases an EMP shockwave........
Or that.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6481|Communist Republic of CA, USA

PureFodder wrote:

Lets be serious though and ask the question that everyone wants to know:

What happens if you shoot someone in the face with it!

Yes, the music too.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6372
Upgrading
Upgrade complete

Grunt: The new laser cannons are instaled sir.

Whats next Col.burton?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

https://www.cncden.com/genx_generals/townes.jpg
Lasers make superior weapons!

Anybody who doesn't understand that needs to game more.

edit: OP article link?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-08-21 17:46:37)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6414|'Murka

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

http://www.cncden.com/genx_generals/townes.jpg

That is one ancient fucking lieutenant.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Brasso
+1,549|6633

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

c&c generals iirc, i just remember the picture/laser part
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6471

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Lieutenant? That's General Towes. And his Laser Crusaders will fuck you up unless you counter with Tank-Hunter Helices.

"I've drawn the line in the sand, General, are you ready to cross it?"
FEOS
+1,182|6414|'Murka

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Lieutenant? That's General Towes. And his Laser Crusaders will fuck you up unless you counter with Tank-Hunter Helices.

He wears Lieutenant bars on his shoulder.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6624|London, England

FEOS wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

FEOS wrote:

But he also has three stars, also it's fictional, also they're not representing the US Armed Forces so they could make him wear a fluffy bunny hat to show that he's a General.

Do you guys spell lasers as lazers (title)? I mean shit, laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. How could you throw in a z there, it doesn't make sense.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6357|West NY

motherdear wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

What.
Is.
Its.
Purpose?
so far it would be anti missile systems, at more advanced stages it could be mortar covers for the bases
Mortar? I thought it would only be able to direct a straight beam. At best it might become AA
That thing in spawn + An out of bounds area in the enemy spawn (maybe you'll be told there's enemy snipers in that area or something, or have like an AI machine gunner for indoors) would be the perfect spawn protection
(After all how many of us have been pounded by arty or enemy jets on spawn?)

Last edited by Noobpatty (2008-08-22 04:15:06)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6152|'straya

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

But he also has three stars, also it's fictional, also they're not representing the US Armed Forces so they could make him wear a fluffy bunny hat to show that he's a General.

Do you guys spell lasers as lazers (title)? I mean shit, laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. How could you throw in a z there, it doesn't make sense.
it doesnt have to make sense as long as it different from those filthy english pig dogs. (jokes incase peoples sarcasm detectors are out of order).

OT: this looks awesome... but really i think its just to make the USA's penis bigger.... not really having a drastic effect on the battlefield
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6357|West NY

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

https://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs18/300W/i/2007/156/f/d/SHOOP_DA_WHOOP_SVG_TEMPLATE_by_Trudetski.png
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6734|Uhh... erm...

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That guy'a pretty simple to beat. Just arty one of his entrances and storm in.

And if this thing's designed to destory rockets and shit, I'd imagine it'd make light work of a bullet.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6305

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Be interesting to see how they go about stopping small arms fire damaging that rather fragile looking lense. $36m for a big shiney laser than can be rendered useless by a mentalist with an AK isn't very good.
Lmao.....

Umm, no, not really interesting because they will be protected by surrounding defense systems. No need to put a unit capable of shooting near speed of light lasers at long range near the front lines.  These will be back off the front heavily defended.
FEOS
+1,182|6414|'Murka

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Nuh uh.

Video gamezr srs bsns.
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard