Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6145|Estonia
nolife
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

He'll have a life once he's out spending all that $$$ he's going to get from his endorsement deals.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
Only just, tbh. There was a strong headwind, though.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

He's not really trying. He's said many times that he doesn't care about records, he just wants the gold medal. If you watch him, he always slows down in the last few feet of the race.
Markooo*Est
+334|6145|Estonia
this time he promised he wont slow down and he didn't i guess
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

chittydog wrote:

He's not really trying. He's said many times that he doesn't care about records, he just wants the gold medal. If you watch him, he always slows down in the last few feet of the race.
That was the 100m final, if you saw the 200m final. He was miles ahead of everyone yet he didn't "step off the gas" at all during the race, he even leaned into the finishing line, he really went all out to break that record. Doing 200m in less than 20 seconds is already crazy, they thought that Johnsons record wouldn't be broken for a long time. Johnson himself (lol) said that Bolt would probably get around 19.5 in this race. If he had no wind or a positive wind on him then he probably would've broken the 19.3 barrier
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
this must be a world record for the number of olympic threads created
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

kylef wrote:

this must be a world record for the number of olympic threads created
true.

There is an 'official' thread for a reason.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX

Markooo*Est wrote:

nolife
pft ok armchair ace

liquidat0r wrote:

you mean tail wind
Brasso
+1,549|6628

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Markooo*Est wrote:

nolife
pft ok armchair ace

liquidat0r wrote:

you mean tail wind
headwind
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6407|Espoo, Finland

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

you mean tail wind
No, it was headwind of 0,9 m/s.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
so he was running in to the wind and broke the record?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

video link?  its removed EVERYWHERE

and not a us-only site either please
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6475|Liverpool, England
Hax tbfh
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6350|uk

B-Scimitar wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

you mean tail wind
No, it was headwind of 0,9 m/s.
no, it was headwind of 0.9m/s

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6568|USA

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

wind aided times are not valid for records.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

Ender2309 wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

wind aided times are not valid for records.
Well the previous Johnson 200m record had a tailwind of +0.4m/s, It's upto 2.0m/s of tail wind that's allowed (IAAF rules). Tyson Gay managed to get a time of 9.69 but he had a tail wind of +4.1m/s which is why it's not considered an official record.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land
a 2 mile per hour head wind is...
negligible

if i recall correctly i don't think that's enough to really even feel it, it would have a minor effect if you're sprinting, but it's not very much
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

im surprised hes so fast with that big head of his the cocky bastard

Last edited by SamTheMan:D (2008-08-20 11:20:07)

Brasso
+1,549|6628

Blehm98 wrote:

a 2 mile per hour head wind is...
negligible

if i recall correctly i don't think that's enough to really even feel it, it would have a minor effect if you're sprinting, but it's not very much
you try running with that wind, i tell you, any headwind is a killer
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California

Markooo*Est wrote:

nolife
"look at that fag competing international and breaking world records, he has no life" He says on the internet while sitting alone in his room....
If only he did something worth while with his time, like topping the leader boards in BF2.

Video game forums: what a strange place.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

lol, there are like 2-3 posts about how he would have gone even faster if the wind was headed the other way...
Markooo*Est
+334|6145|Estonia

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Markooo*Est wrote:

nolife
"look at that fag competing international and breaking world records, he has no life" He says on the internet while sitting alone in his room....
If only he did something worth while with his time, like topping the leader boards in BF2.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

lol, there are like 2-3 posts about how he would have gone even faster if the wind was headed the other way...
it seems u only dumbass who doesnt know what i mean under "nolife"
VicktorVauhn

Markooo*Est wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Markooo*Est wrote:

nolife

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

it seems u only dumbass who doesnt know what i mean under "nolife"

chittydog wrote:

He'll have a life once he's out spending all that $$$ he's going to get from his endorsement deals.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Markooo*Est wrote:

nolife
pft ok armchair ace
Well, a few others...

Sorry we don't all speak internet teenager...Thanks for the karma?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
A head wind is moving in the opposite direction of the wind.. hence more resistance. So the record is a serious accomplishment...

A tail wind would aid the runner moving in the same direction. For fucks sake are you that daft, not understanding the basic principals of aerodynamics?
VicktorVauhn

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

A head wind is moving in the opposite direction of the wind.. hence more resistance. So the record is a serious accomplishment...

A tail wind would aid the runner moving in the same direction. For fucks sake are you that daft, not understanding the basic principals of aerodynamics?
lol, what?

The thread had been on how he broke the record, but just barely... only it was pointed out that there was a strong head wind so he would have been even faster with out the wind

You quoted the guy who pointed out that the only reason he beat it by so little was that there was a head wind and tried to correct him that there was a tail wind.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

you mean tail wind
You seemed confused on the fact that he WAS running into the wind. I pointed out that the thread had had quite a few posts on how he would have been even faster with the wind in the opposite direction, and that if you had read it it obvious he must be running in a head wind, because there is no way that going from running with the wind to into the wind will make you faster

VicktorVauhn wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Then you explain basic aerodynamics?

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

A tail wind would aid the runner moving in the same direction.
K...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard