Zar_Niko
+1|6676
Hi Fellas,

i just want to ask about your opinon of a new weapon balance.
If I'm honest to you...I really likethe new patch, because it only changed things that annoyed me...(too powerful aircraft...heli etc.). But they changed some things that are now worse than ever.
The thingy with the claymores are really annoying, because 5 claymores a flag force you to have an verhicle (if no vehicle) around you won't get the flag) and the PKM-Sniper-thingy. The "bug" with the claymores will change in the next patch, i read that already...but I'm afraid of no changes for the support kit. I hope you don't get me wrong: I am one of the players who used the PKM before 1.2...and I really rocked with it on Maps like Karkand (alley defence, short distance...no chance). But i accepted that I'm not supposed to kill people on huge outdoor maps like Wake or Gulf...that was never a problem for me. You got your situations, and the other classes/kits have their situations. I don't want the existance of an godly class with heavy damage, fast running, healing and sniperlike accuracy. Thats not the game...the game consists of a handful of classes with their advantages and disadvantages...and as a team they can become much stronger.

Ok, wrote a lot...now my question.

I can't accpet that the former "support" class is not the perfect rifler with the highest accuracy and highest damage and the hightest rate of fire...inclusive addiotional points by ammo giving, armor, grenades...i hope you are with me.
But i also understand if people didn't accept the pre 1.2 support kit, because of his inaccurate firing.
So we (or better EA/Dice) should find a nice solution for this problem. And that is why I'm asking for your ideas...
Does anybody of you have a good and fair idea for changing the support class...
There are some things you should consider:
1. The weapon should keep its high damage, cuz a lower damage would make the machinegun equal to a normal rifle
2. The rate of fire should be the same, cuz that is what a machine gun makes a machine gun
3. The accuracy of an machine gun is lower than that of a sniper rifle or assault rifle
if you got good ideas, pls write them down...maybe someone important reads it...stop whining, and go thinking and working on a good solution

Here my personal idea:

The Machine guns of the support kit have an first shot deviation (prone) of 0.8 (same as sniper rifle)...thats too good in my opinion. It should be near of an assaultrifle (1.0 -1.3). The standing and crouching deviation is very high...thats a good thing...very realistic.
What about the idea, that maybe the next shots have the same deviation...that would mean, that you got a medium/good accurate weapon that will fire all further shots in the same area. Normally the 10th bullet is sooooooo fully out of aim, that you even can't profit from your rate of fire. I mean...shot the PKM or the MG36 in automatic fire mode...who does that? YOu wont hit nothing!...so lets make the weapon medium accurate and keep it on this accuracy, no matter of the time you fire...this is the point whre the class makes sense...

This is why I read in some manuals:
The support class can hold an position and has such a rate of fire that the enemy is afaraid to come out...
In reality is was in Pre 1.2 like this: If you see an support shooting automatic on you at medium range...the best thing was to prone behind a target, to strafe a bit on the floor and to kill the firing support with your G36E...nothing block the road, nothing defence!

In patch 1.2 the rules even become easier:
If you are sitting on top of a mountain the prophecy says: with a probability of 50% you will be killed by a sniper, the other 50% will be a PKM support. And noone really uses the machine effect of the PKM anymore...single fire mode...pack pack pack...death(45 damage really rocks).

If you got other creative ideas...go on...I'm happy to hear them.

Thanks

Zar Niko
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6807|London UK

BUDFORCE [PKM] Zar_Niko
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6786
solution for PKM : increase rate of fire up to 600-650 rpm, decrease accuracy, leave damage the same.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-03-02 11:38:12)

DrNo
+0|6664
Here is my solution. Leave the support class as it is. Increase the accuracy of all the other weapons.

Seriously, these long range shots evreyone complains about are only a couple hundred meters. It isnt inconcievable that someone with a PKM would be able to hit a man sized target at that kind of range. Whats ridiculous is that its so hard with the assault rifles. Snipers should be making 500m+ shots. A sniper laying down a mere 150m away should be a dead sniper.

my 2 cents
amox33
+0|6686

DrNo wrote:

Here is my solution. Leave the support class as it is. Increase the accuracy of all the other weapons.

Seriously, these long range shots evreyone complains about are only a couple hundred meters. It isnt inconcievable that someone with a PKM would be able to hit a man sized target at that kind of range. Whats ridiculous is that its so hard with the assault rifles. Snipers should be making 500m+ shots. A sniper laying down a mere 150m away should be a dead sniper.

my 2 cents
^completly agree
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6707|Colorado
I dont give a fuck one way or the other, I'll just adapt while everyone else whines.
Zar_Niko
+1|6676
I don't whine, Trollemeat! And i never will...

The thing is, that the game starts to get bored, because if i join a 6 people squad, at least 2 or 3 of them are support...and that is definitely boring. And do you know what the coolest thing is? If I'm out of ammo...it takes at least half a minute te get a ammo pack...i have to scream 10 times "Out of ammo" until one of the supps has the glorius idea of helping the squad...

If you dont trust me: Look the stats after the map...
In Pre1.2 i used to get at least 20 teampoints for ammo...and i mean at least...normalls something about 30 should be okay if you got a sqaud. Killing was much harder with the less accurate PKM...
And now? Look top of the list? 32 Kills...70 global points...thank you Ammo-Man...was a pleasure to be in your squad!

And to the idea of keeping the accuracy same and making assault more accurate...i dont like the idea...it would make BF2 a more defensive game than it already is...it would me, that the best thing you could do is lay down and to wait that someone passes you...and too accurate weapons make the game unattractive for the "normal" player...just for an example...don't know if you know Quake's railgun...it was a deadly weapon cause you hit the point you aimed at...for a newbie it was impossible to play against good skilled players...they even don't know where it came from...Bam, dead, bam dead, bam, dead...

You should never forget, that this should be a game for all skill levels not only the 24/7 people without work...

Have fun, still waiting for good ideas...the idea with less accurate and raising fire rate isnt as bad, but what with RPK, MG36 etc.???

Zar_Niko
DU AGAIN
+2|6671

TrollmeaT wrote:

I dont give a fuck one way or the other, I'll just adapt while everyone else whines.
You are my kind of poster Troll.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6681|Peoria
I love how everyone complains about the PKM accuracy, but no one ever complains about the accuracy of any of the mounted/vehicle machine guns that i use to tear people in half with. I mean, i must be the only guy in the BF2 universe who appreciates ground defense. That gun is disguntingly accurate. full auto i can even kill snipers. But i mean i don't complain, every strategy has its failings. Support has alot of utility now as a class, what with the PKM's accuracy boost, but it is in no way invicible. For one thing, now support is a high profile target. Which means everyone trys to gang up on you. Plus, 2 support guys going at it is really fun if they are both good.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6864|Denver colorado

TrollmeaT wrote:

me too. actually im doing better on this patch then at any other time. this patch makes my fighting style really good
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6744|Charlie One Alpha

Zar_Niko wrote:

Hi Fellas,

What about the idea, that maybe the next shots have the same deviation...that would mean, that you got a medium/good accurate weapon that will fire all further shots in the same area. Normally the 10th bullet is sooooooo fully out of aim, that you even can't profit from your rate of fire. I mean...shot the PKM or the MG36 in automatic fire mode...who does that? YOu wont hit nothing!...so lets make the weapon medium accurate and keep it on this accuracy, no matter of the time you fire...this is the point whre the class makes sense...
This is the BEST idea on the PKM I have heard, EVER.  This is exactly how I think the machineguns should have been all along. Your single shots won't be very accurate but you can accurately deliver a large amount of bullets to a relatively (!) small area. And THAT is how you provide covering fire and pin enemies down. Not by randomly shooting bullets in their general direction, as was the case pre-1.2, and not by sniping them on single shot mode as it is now.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Longbow
+163|6681|Odessa, Ukraine
Noone thinks AK101's accuracy shood be increased ? Every other assault rifle with same shooter's skill own it at long\medium range .

About PKM :
Increase rate of fire to it's real 600 , and balance will be back .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard