mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I have Nero 7 installed (Ultra Edition I think) and I'm trying to burn a DVD. I've done this hundreds of times before with DVD Shrink, but after reinstalling Nero a few times and updating, it's not working anymore.

I choose the option "burn DVD video files", like I always had, and drop my .vob files into the VIDEO_TS folder. Only this time it tells me that the file is larger than 2 GB, which a DVD .iso can't handle, and suggests I switch to .udf. I choose a DVD in the UDF format and then drop in the files and it tells me that I won't be able to watch those files on a DVD player and that I should choose the DVD-Video compilation type...

I'm going in circles here and don't know what to do.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
Damn I don't have Nero installed anymore. Have you tried in Nero express?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

.Sup wrote:

Yeah I tried that and still gave me the same errors.

I have to rant about how fucking frustrated I am. I try upgrading to Nero 8 and that gives me problems, so I go back to 7, and now none of this shit is working. I wonder if they changed something in an update or if I have to install a plug-in or what.
.Sup
be nice

mtb0minime wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I have to rant about how fucking frustrated I am. I try upgrading to Nero 8 and that gives me problems, so I go back to 7, and now none of this shit is working. I wonder if they changed something in an update or if I have to install a plug-in or what.
Once max linked me to CDburnerXP. I still use it and its free.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

.Sup wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Once max linked me to CDburnerXP. I still use it and its free.
I'll have to give that a shot.

Dang, too bad I can't use Nero though. It was so simple to use DVD Shrink and have it automatically copy everything from one DVD drive and burn it on the other. I could just walk away from the computer for a while and come back to find everything already done.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6109|New Jersey
I have Nero 8 and have the same problem.  I'm sure there's a way to do it with Nero, but I'm too lazy to figure it out.  So they way I burn a VIDEO_TS folder is a) Use PowerISO to turn the folder into a .iso image and b) use Nero to burn that .iso image to a physical DVD.
fredskov9
a proud father
+29|6126|denmark
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

SpIk3y wrote:

I have Nero 8 and have the same problem.  I'm sure there's a way to do it with Nero, but I'm too lazy to figure it out.  So they way I burn a VIDEO_TS folder is a) Use PowerISO to turn the folder into a .iso image and b) use Nero to burn that .iso image to a physical DVD.
And those DVD videos play just fine on most DVD players?
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6109|New Jersey
Yes they play great.  You can use any program you want to turn the VIDEO_TS folder into an iso image, I just happened to have PowerISO on my computer.  Alcohol 120% would do the trick too, but I always preferred PowerISO.

That's why I hate VIDEO_TS folders, it's a two step process to burn them.
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification

mtb0minime wrote:

I have Nero 7 installed (Ultra Edition I think) and I'm trying to burn a DVD. I've done this hundreds of times before with DVD Shrink, but after reinstalling Nero a few times and updating, it's not working anymore.

I choose the option "burn DVD video files", like I always had, and drop my .vob files into the VIDEO_TS folder. Only this time it tells me that the file is larger than 2 GB, which a DVD .iso can't handle, and suggests I switch to .udf. I choose a DVD in the UDF format and then drop in the files and it tells me that I won't be able to watch those files on a DVD player and that I should choose the DVD-Video compilation type...

I'm going in circles here and don't know what to do.
How big are your VOB files?

To be compliant a single VOB file shouldn't be any bigger than 1024 MB (1 true GB).  If they are 1GB each just create an iso with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS as the folders in the root.

You can also check out Doom9 and see what is up for free software to do it.  I believe there are some DVD creation tools there.

Last edited by ReTox (2008-08-20 05:36:45)

jamiet757
+138|6592
With Nero 8 you have to select DVD Video in the type of disc you want to create when you start, I am not sure about 7, is there a way you can select what type of disc you are creating?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Time for an update:

A while back I burned an .iso that I made of the DVD files. When I mounted the .iso, it showed up and played as a DVD movie. Then I burned the image using Alcohol 120% and now the DVD I just burned isn't showing up as a DVD movie, but just a disc with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders/files on it.

Can anyone recommend me a program that will let me burn these .vob files (or .iso files) properly so that the disc will be playable in a basic DVD player or PS2?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

I literally just use Nero Express to put in the .vob files (no Video_TS or Audio_TS) and it works just fine for me and is recognised as a DVD video.

Why again do you need a VIDEO_TS folder?
.Sup
be nice

some_random_panda wrote:

I literally just use Nero Express to put in the .vob files (no Video_TS or Audio_TS) and it works just fine for me and is recognised as a DVD video.

You mean why would he need Audio_TS files?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

.Sup wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

You mean why would he need Audio_TS files?
Okay, my bad, it makes them automatically.  Funny, I never made the folders separately.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

mtb0minime wrote:

Time for an update:

A while back I burned an .iso that I made of the DVD files. When I mounted the .iso, it showed up and played as a DVD movie. Then I burned the image using Alcohol 120% and now the DVD I just burned isn't showing up as a DVD movie, but just a disc with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders/files on it.

Can anyone recommend me a program that will let me burn these .vob files (or .iso files) properly so that the disc will be playable in a basic DVD player or PS2?
Okay, I don't know specifically, but this is what I do.  Find DVDFab Platinum and rip your DVDs with that.  Use DVD5 compression so that it will always fit on one disc (supposedly quality is lost, but I don't see it with an upconverting player).

Next, take that folder output and create an image with it using ImgBurn or InfraRecorder.

When you have that image, all that's left is to burn it with ImgBurn.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Panda: I tried Nero Express and it tells me that it can't add files larger than 2 GB, which puts me right back where I started

Haffey: I've already got the file reduced and whatnot, so all that's left to do is just burn it. Do those DVDs you burn with ImgBurn work in regular DVD players. I've burned the image of my DVD movie with Nero and Alcohol 120% and both times it wound up not working, so I'm reluctant to try the same process with a different program.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-04-06 08:51:10)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Another Update:

Alright well I got things working. I completely forgot about a useful option in my DVD ripping software that automatically breaks it up into 1 GB chunks. Once I re-ripped with that setting, Nero let me add the files and didn't give me a bullshit error. So... future reference for my future self that will probably run into this problem again

And of course, thanks for the help, the few of you that responded
Brasso
+1,549|6601

sorry, i was at school all day.  yes, imgburned VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders play perfectly for me.  i would recommend using imgburn over nero though, it's such a solid (and free) program.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine

fredskov9 wrote:

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

fredskov9 wrote:

fredskov9 wrote:

fredskov9 wrote:

fredskov9 wrote:

EDIT: Oh, and Nero fucking sucks, delete it.

Last edited by CrazeD (2009-04-07 15:36:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard