Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

im in the florida keys

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

havent evacuated in 10 years, evacing is for pussies.
I heard there is a mandatory evac in the keys.. for visitors.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/lin … 1610668264
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6182|Wisconsin
I just got my flight back home yesterday. I went to the Keys and Fort Lauderdale on vacation.
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

where in the keys?
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6182|Wisconsin

i g wrote:

where in the keys?
Was that asked at me? Key West and Key Largo.
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

islamorada ftw
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6812|Marathon, Florida Keys

i g wrote:

islamorada ftw
they had a full moon party last night at morada bay, me and my friend who has a fake id got in the bar there and he bought us drinks. Twas awesome.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6372
BREAKING NEWS:

Holland donated just 200,000 of it's newly desinged umbrelas for the masses
good luck with the storm season america
https://www.bagageonline.nl/catalog/images/1930646095_1999998474_winner%5B1%5D.jpg
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

i g wrote:

islamorada ftw
they had a full moon party last night at morada bay, me and my friend who has a fake id got in the bar there and he bought us drinks. Twas awesome.
havent been there. im hoping im still going to be able to make it down there this year. the kid that i go with just decided a couple weeks ago that he was going to transfer to a school in south carolina, so idk if it will happen or not
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

I just took this:
https://i34.tinypic.com/wia3p1.jpg
Mother Nature is F'n with us.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6540|Long Island, New York

Kmarion wrote:

I just took this:
http://i34.tinypic.com/wia3p1.jpg
Mother Nature is F'n with us.
you gon' die
LOG
dain bramaged
+51|6124|Punta Gorda,Florida
this isnt a hurricane its a rain storm.

after taking a direct hit from hurricane charley   in 04 these little storms are just a rain event. charley was a cat 4 155+ winds with 200 + gusts.

sad thing is people are still rebuilding here from charley. still a few dozen blue tarp roofs.   

its a part of living here the bad stuff we deal with to enjoy 80-85 F  when its xmas and most have 30 F  and 6 ft of snow. 

(guess now y'all can understand my sig a little better)

Last edited by LOG (2008-08-17 16:04:50)

you learn the true meaning of life when you see houses and cars blow by like leaves on a windy day.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

LOG wrote:

this isnt a hurricane its a rain storm.

after taking a direct hit from hurricane charley   in 04 these little storms are just a rain event. charley was a cat 4 155+ winds with 200 + gusts.

sad thing is people are still rebuilding here from charley. still a few dozen blue tarp roofs.   

its a part of living here the bad stuff we deal with to enjoy 80-85 F  when its xmas and most have 30 F  and 6 ft of snow. 

(guess now y'all can understand my sig a little better)
Fl was hit 5 times in 2004. Charley was targeted for Tampa as well. I was happy to see that right hook just prior to land fall (no offense).

Charley, initially expected to hit further north in Tampa, caught many Floridians off-guard due to a sudden change in the storm's track as it approached the state.

I'm sure you are aware of the unpredictability of a storms intensity. It really depends on the length of time over the water.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6118|Tampa, Florida
Hillsborough Schools havent been cancelled yet
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
my friend's school got cancelled for monday, tuesday and probably wednesday

lucky bastard

then again, i don't go back until september 3rd
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

Poseidon wrote:

lucky bastard

yeah well you get out in late june?

fail
LOG
dain bramaged
Fl was hit 5 times in 2004. Charley was targeted for Tampa as well. I was happy to see that right hook just prior to land fall (no offense).

Charley, initially expected to hit further north in Tampa, caught many Floridians off-guard due to a sudden change in the storm's track as it approached the state.

I'm sure you are aware of the unpredictability of a storms intensity. It really depends on the length of time over the water.
no offense at all you know you live here. were all open targets when it comes to hurricane season. you always want it to hit anywhere but where you live. our saving grace was the worst part of charley only took 90 mins to pass. unlike a monster like andrew it took 9 hrs to pass.

so very true i know many that still say that charely caught them off guard.  not me though, after being in homestead 6 days after andrew hit in 1992. that was a cat 5 with 170 + mph winds. i learned that being rdy is the only way. if you dont prepare then you and your family is at risk and can be in grave danger in a split second.

i learned what worked and what didnt as for covering  up windows,bracing doors etc.  im a roofer of over 20 yrs in florida. ive been in construction most of my adult life.  when charley got close my brothers who also worked after andrew knew what to do.  my sister who some of us rode out charley had me secure her house i braced the doors,windows, sliders and didnt lose anything. just her roof and that was made water tight the next day and had a new roof on in a week.   

my youngest sisters boy friend said he was on it. turned out he didnt know crap but talked a good game. her house was flattened when the sliders gave way due to poor bracing. my brothers worst loss was his keg refrigarator. he went out got some beer went back in heard a noise and turned to see it fly off the back porch and through the neighbors house. he still complains about that pissed over a full keg and 4 cases of beer in it. lol

thats a storm i'll never forget watching my car blow around her yard like a toy and her neighbors house blow by like leaves off a tree. thats a site you will never forget.

i just hope it dont get much stronger and cause to many a lot of damage. on the up side hopefully this will catch us up on rain were still 10 inches behind on rain.   the swamp next to me has been dry for the last 2 yrs wich is good cause it can handle lots of rain before it floods. usally this time of yr its 8-10 ft deep. now its not even ankle deep. all my land drains to it. so the dryer it is before a big storm hits the better for me.

i always joke this time of yr ... happiness is a warm chain saw.   i keep mine  rdy to go with lots of spare parts same for my generator & lots of gas .
you learn the true meaning of life when you see houses and cars blow by like leaves on a windy day.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

True, you always want it to hit anywhere but home. As a neutral observer you also don't want it to hit where the population density is extremely high.
Punta Gorda is nowhere near the population of Tampa. Charley's swing was so last minute that people who had evacuated here ended up driving right into it.

Speaking of slow movers, do you remember Frances that year? At 5 mph that was certainly a rain producer .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sgt.Gene
+215|6767
I hope it fucking nails volusia county and I get to not go to school for a few days
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

better hope it doesnt rape your ricer
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5968|London, England

i g wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lucky bastard

fail
Well we can survive in the summer unlike some Georgians, and I wont name names
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

Mutantsteak wrote:

i g wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lucky bastard

fail
Well we can survive in the summer unlike some Georgians, and I wont name names
@_@
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

i g wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lucky bastard

fail
Mid-june actually. I don't mind it.
LOG
dain bramaged

Kmarion wrote:

True, you always want it to hit anywhere but home. As a neutral observer you also don't want it to hit where the population density is extremely high.
Punta Gorda is nowhere near the population of Tampa. Charley's swing was so last minute that people who had evacuated here ended up driving right into it.

Speaking of slow movers, do you remember Frances that year? At 5 mph that was certainly a rain producer .
true  i hate to seem them make land fall anywhere.   the latest update is showing more of a tampa bay and northward for land fall. 

aslong as it dont hit the oil rigs dammit gas just started comming down if it were to go more west gas would be well over 4 $ a gallon again.

yea the 04 season was the wildest ive seen in the 30 yrs ive been in florida.  frances worried me more being such a slow mover and the amount of rain it put down.  i worry about flooding more than wind or tornadoes.  i'm a 1/4 mile maybe a little less from the peace river so storm surge is always a concern.

the cooler weather is gona be nice for a day or 2 .  but then its gona get really hot on the backside as it takes the wind with it.  i noticed today no birds chirping guess they took off before it hits. no squerrils running around.

that was the real odd/spooky feeling after charley it was a month before i heard a bird chirping.
i live out in the country and its usally  tons of birds chirping,squerrils and critters,whooping cranes running around. today nada critter. kinda errie you know something is comming. 
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

The tracks are all over the place now. NOAA's site has been down almost all morning. I'm sure it's getting hammered. Way to "be prepared".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Have fun with that, Kmar.

Take pics.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard