mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6600|S.C.

Uzique wrote:

Critical Thinking and General Studies are A-Levels that sixths forms / colleges try to force down your throat so it makes it look as if their student exam results and participation levels are higher and statistically better. I think University-wise they're worth very few actual UCAS points, if I remember correctly from some of my college friends they involve a disproprotionate amount of work compared to the reward they gave in terms of Uni-application strength.
One lesson every week (55 mins), so not much. UCAS wise I get 30 points for it, nobody in the year got above a C (40 UCAS points) because they did not teach the full course. Now I need to find a Computer Science '09 course in Greater London for when I finish a possible IT apprenticeship (NVQ 2 or 3 @ Sussex Uni, employment in a Brighton company).
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6448|Boulder, CO
General studies and critical thinking are to put it simply a load of bollocks. They try to get you to think about problems in society and other useless things when you actually need to spend more time on your other lessons.

This is the general consensus from the people in my 6th form at least.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6236|United Kingdom

Noobeater wrote:

General studies and critical thinking are to put it simply a load of bollocks. They try to get you to think about problems in society and other useless things when you actually need to spend more time on your other lessons.

+1 .. they're done to people can say I did 4 A levels instead of I did 3 A levels but as rightly said very few uni's accept Critical thinking or general studies.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6600|S.C.

Noobeater wrote:

That was also the opinion shared in my 6th, but every point counts. Btw I went to a Catholic 6th so we had to do "Theological Thinking" (The most bs religious, non UCAS, non credit course ever) That was part of the deal for getting in so when we weren’t skipping class we just had to take it.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6585|England
General studies is an utter joke (i had a question on street lamps?!). Complete waste of time. Critical thinking was slightly better (about reasoning and forming arguments).

Last night was epic. About 600 people in this club. Got back at 4.
Microwave
_
+515|6656|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Last night was amazing!

Bulmers + double vodka red bull + excitable women = win
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6650
Damn straight

I met a new girl last night despite only staying out until 12:00..

The most annoying kiss goodbye though because the moment I kissed I realised I had to run for my tram...lol
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6528|London (At Heart)

Long...

I got slightly smashed, £1 a drink and i spent £30 quid..

Urgh, got home at 7, I swear im still drunk -.-
02fxnmaurer
+75|6483|Birmingham UK
haha

bcde i got ...pretti shit but merrrrrr i get into skwl next year so all is good
got smashed last night all is fine

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
im a little bit hungover.

and a little bit poorer
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
Save the monies for Fresher's Week, you won't regret it .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6585|England
Oh yea, the 5 quid i paid to get in, now gets me in free to 3 more parties over the next 3 mondays. Foam, UV and Bay Watch parties.

Epic.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6600|S.C.
indeed a few A Level drinks have been sunk! cheers to yr14 fatherted!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
aye, belfast rang me today asking for a email of why i should get in, so its looking more hopeful!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Nintendogamer
+72|6588|Chelmsford, UK
my mate failed 3 of his A levels, and passed 1, it means he can't carry on to year 13, but it looks like hes going to my college which should be good.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
Hios fault fopr being a sucker, who fails 3 A-Levels; what did he spend his year doing, crystal meth?

My God a little bit too much mixers right now. Drunken forum posts are rather uncool.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Uzique wrote:

Hios fault fopr being a sucker, who fails 3 A-Levels; what did he spend his year doing, crystal meth?

My God a little bit too much mixers right now. Drunken forum posts are rather uncool.
beat ya to it

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=107083
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

I had to turn in early, had a 9 hour 1-10 shift yesterday, pretty good night, nothing like end of exams though.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6703

The Sheriff wrote:

I had to turn in early, had a 9 hour 1-10 shift yesterday, pretty good night, nothing like end of exams though.
Ha, got you beat! Got in about 4, got to sleeps about 6. Woke up at 11 for a shift at work 12-6 went home for food and went back to work 8-1!

Pub jobs are fun... Boss is at the V-festival so covering all his shifts, not fun but £145 in the bank for me! Now going out Monday as a friend last week before the army.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
I don't get my GCSE results until Thursday, but my A/S level Philosophy results came through whilst I was on holiday. I was shitting it as I hadn't revised, and in the mocks had failed by 1%. Got home, and I got a C Got 90 UMS out of 100 on one module, which I thought I had failed completely. The only problem is that now my parents expect me to do better in my GCSE's
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

ShadowsStrike wrote:

I don't get my GCSE results until Thursday, but my A/S level Philosophy results came through whilst I was on holiday. I was shitting it as I hadn't revised, and in the mocks had failed by 1%. Got home, and I got a C Got 90 UMS out of 100 on one module, which I thought I had failed completely. The only problem is that now my parents expect me to do better in my GCSE's
So are you GCSE-age sitting an AS subject as an additional genius-type excercise, or an A-Level student doing GCSE resits?
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England

Uzique wrote:

ShadowsStrike wrote:

So are you GCSE-age sitting an AS subject as an additional genius-type excercise, or an A-Level student doing GCSE resits?
I'm a GCSE student, but my school runs a couple of A/S levels. I only picked it because it sounded good, but it turned out to be complete shite. I don't know what else I would have picked though.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
(These are AS)
Maths- A
Further Maths- A
Physics- A
History- E (lol, did no work)
German- X (dropped it 2 weeks before the exam didn't want to pay £50 to be withdrawn, X is absent from all exams or 0 marks)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard