*TA* Rep
+2|5778
Could this be BF3?
you tell me

Some say its bad company but it looks nothing like BC
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5725
I think that's a beta version of BF:Bad company.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Hmm... I'd say it looks like it.

Bf2 with updated graphics etc.

But it looked like a singleplayer mode..? Weird for a PC version, eh?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

`MetaL* wrote:

By the looks of it, no it's not. But hell, I wouldn't really know.

I think it may be the next BF, or just an updated version of BF2 they are playing with.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Looks like it was on a console tbh.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

jord wrote:

Looks like it was on a console tbh.
definitely console and singleplayer
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
This is old, and it's B-Company in its earlier stage. It's the same producer guy from the later interviews for the game. Can't believe it took them this long to get it.
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5725

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

This is old, and it's B-Company in its earlier stage. It's the same producer guy from the later interviews for the game. Can't believe it took them this long to get it.
This man speaks the truth.
styfle
*TA* Rep
+2|5778
the reason I think its not bad company is the hud, map, and c4 detonator are not even close to the bad company version
how do you know its bad company in an earlier stage?
and secondly, what do you think bf3 would look like?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

The C4 detonator & packs, T90, Havok and Voddie are all the BF2 models, and those buildings in the following bit just after the tree are exact replicas of ones that appear on Mashtuur and other city maps (without the gaping hole, ofc)

Last edited by Snake (2008-08-12 15:22:52)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

That isn't even close to Bad Company, that bloke would still have been in Bad Company interviews, if he is a senior member of staff.

I don't know what it is, but it isn't B-Company.
#rekt
styfle
*TA* Rep
+2|5778
lol nice sig mint sauce

i really hope it is bf3 though
and even if its not, bf3 is coming
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

if it is bf3 i hope they are further along than that
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

Zimmer wrote:

`MetaL* wrote:

By the looks of it, no it's not. But hell, I wouldn't really know.

I think it may be the next BF, or just an updated version of BF2 they are playing with.
yea like u said u never know hope they have more terrorist groups and if they do hope they talk as funny as they do in bf2
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
BF3...July 09...  BF Heroes... Dec 08...  i'm guessing...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-08-13 20:34:29)

Love is the answer
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY
It's pre-retail stage of Bad Company...
You can see all that footage in the BF:BC Extras.
styfle
*TA* Rep
+2|5778

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

sounds plausible
although if this isnt even a real bf3 video then it might not come out until november 09
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY

styfle wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

sounds plausible
although if this isnt even a real bf3 video then it might not come out until november 09
It isn't.

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
B-Company early development stages.  Look at the sounds, the destruction, etc. is all the ideas they were adding to B-Company, BF3 will (hopefully) be different then B-company. 

I think they used the BF2 models because that's all they really had, and were just showing what the game could/might be like.

I'd be willing to be eat my words, though.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5952
Yeah as TopHat said I think it was just a proof of concept demo, showing what they had in mind for BF3 without having to make new models etc
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY
I'm not sure if that was just a pre-rendered movie or an actual playable game but Bad Company would look a lot more like that if it wasn't run with the frostbite engine. As they said, they hadn't worked with creating models and environments until after that stage. I would much rather have that dark, militaristic setting in the video then the Bad Company enviornments. With the bland sound of guns and their 50-60 round magazines shooting a rifle in game feels about as fun pretending a garden hose is a gun. It just kinda sprays with this annoying sound and lotsa bullet lag. Why are there no actually bright environments in any fps? Call of duty 4 is all greyish, Bad Company kinda seems depressing for some reason, etc. For once I'd love to see a first person shooter to make a beautiful, colorful environment...like oblivion's.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas

styfle wrote:

the reason I think its not bad company is the hud, map, and c4 detonator are not even close to the bad company version
how do you know its bad company in an earlier stage?
and secondly, what do you think bf3 would look like?

Mint Sauce wrote:

That isn't even close to Bad Company, that bloke would still have been in Bad Company interviews, if he is a senior member of staff.

I don't know what it is, but it isn't B-Company.
At 1:20, the game saves itself, like a single player game would. For a multiplayer game to have this capability in an FPS is a bold move, but one some of us in the BF2 community have wished for.

1:28 previews the destructible engine in an early stage, and maybe I'm crazy, but I've seen a preview of that somewhere before for B-Company.

Whenever we see the interviewed guy, notice the bit of a gun's iron sight in the background? Compare with this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG5TYZQAjq8, where two devs talk about destructible objects. Again, we see the iron sight, same gun, same angle. I'm sure some of us think EA/Dice is cheap, but would they recycle a B-Company promo poster for a fresh new BF3 we're all drooling for?

And, if this is a leaked BF3 video, why would producers be talking about it in an interview, and to what audience, if it's leaked?

I'm willing to be wrong about this video if it is truly BF3 in its early stage , but the evidence presented doesn't bode well for this video. However, as BF3 would be running on the Frostbite engine, B-Company can be considered a preview of what's in store.
styfle
*TA* Rep
+2|5778
yeah you guys are right
just early stages of bf:bc
stupid youtube
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
"Update 2: It’s confirmed that this is not BF3 but from the making of BF:BC. The full video can be seen here"

Click the video link, it's there.
styfle
*TA* Rep
+2|5778
yeah the link shows the complete video
someone just recorded the part that looks like bf3 to make a fake video

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard