+33|6622
He'll Pick Hillary as VP!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

The Constitution.  They can't even vote for President, let alone run for it.
They can't vote for President because they don't have a representative in the Electoral College.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones-Shafroth_Act

There is nothing in the Constitution that prohibits "statutory" US Citizens from running for president.  Have you read the US Constitution?
Statutory citizenship is not the same as a natural born citizenship.  And yes, I have.
I know.  I thought that much was clear from my post.

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

To put it into perspective, a son of an illegal immigrant could run for president while someone born in PR could not.
A parent's legal status has no bearing on their son's ability to run for office if the son is a US citizen.  Don't know why you decided to put something of no relevance in.  Please cite any example (legal or otherwise) of a Puerto Rican citizen being denied the opportunity to run for President.  Please cite any explicit reference to the illegality of a Puerto Rican citizen running for President.

Just because you say they can't?  OK.  The law (and law experts) are not on your side.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london
Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona before it was a state and he ran for president with no problems
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6165
Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution states "No Person except a "natural born" Citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President; …" Constitutional scholars can point to no definitive case law after 1790, the year of the Constitution’s enactment, establishing the eligibility of Americans with "statutory" citizenship to hold the office of President.

Edit: I take it back, there is no law denying nor allowing a person born in PR to run for president.  Sadly there are no examples because obviously higher interests would not even allow the possibility of it.

Last edited by MGS3_GrayFox (2008-08-12 19:18:19)

God Save the Queen
Banned

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution states "No Person except a "natural born" Citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President; …" Constitutional scholars can point to no definitive case law after 1790, the year of the Constitution’s enactment, establishing the eligibility of Americans with "statutory" citizenship to hold the office of President.

God Save the Queen wrote:

Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona before it was a state and he ran for president with no problems
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Edit: I take it back, there is no law denying nor allowing a person born in PR to run for president.  Sadly there are no examples because obviously higher interests would not even allow the possibility of it.
The Illuminati?

No, gotta be the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

If there was a Puerto Rican politician that was ingratiated with the power elite in the U.S. it would happen.

2 years ago you probably would have said the same thing about a black man.
God Save the Queen
Banned
at least you took it back
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Does that mean I win?
God Save the Queen
Banned
yup
CC-Marley
+407|6826
Nice job.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
The biggest suprise may be that it's actually spelled "surprise".  But seriously, nice post and I guess we'll have to wait and see won't we?   
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

FEOS wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Sounds about as compelling a "bombshell" as McCain not being a natural born citizen..which he isn't technically.
McCain actually IS technically a natural born citizen. Both his parents were US citizens at the time of his birth. Location of his birth is irrelevant at that point.
Bullshit.  If that were true then every Puerto Rican, Guam and US Virgin Islands natives should be able to run for President, and they don't.

The surprise will probably be that McCain chose Dick Cheney to run as VP.
Did you miss the part where his parents were citizens? Doesn't matter where the child is born.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6673|Belgium
You've got this right:

SealXo wrote:

This is probably bullshit
IRONCHEF
+385|6489|Northern California

FEOS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

FEOS wrote:

McCain actually IS technically a natural born citizen. Both his parents were US citizens at the time of his birth. Location of his birth is irrelevant at that point.
Bullshit.  If that were true then every Puerto Rican, Guam and US Virgin Islands natives should be able to run for President, and they don't.

Did you miss the part where his parents were citizens? Doesn't matter where the child is born.
Parentage does not matter.  Read up bub.  I know there's been a thread on this very topic before and the language cited talked about native soil.  McCain was born on a base in Panama I think..not Guam, Puerto Rico, or Hawaii before statehood...

But alass, My initial post here said arguing about Obama being a manchurian candidate was about as relative as McCain being ineligible to run for president because of his citizenship.  By that remark, I mean BOTH futile arguments are moot because neither matters...even though McCain is technically not a natural born citizen as pertaining to running for president.  Sorry to stir up this tangent and take this off topic..i forget sometimes which message board I'm on and obviously forgot this board is made up largely of immature, ass-backwards losers who have no ability to debate, discuss topics with civility, or stay on topic.  My bad.

Wee!  Horrible memory indeed...it was I who made that thread!
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=94948

And what's even more funny is you're still using that irrelevant argument that his bloodline matters as you did in that thread...it's pertaining to the 14th amendment in regards to being a presidential candidate.  But whatever, you won't budge.  It's cool.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-08-13 09:18:08)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

IRONCHEF wrote:

FEOS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Parentage does not matter.  Read up bub.  I know there's been a thread on this very topic before and the language cited talked about native soil.  McCain was born on a base in Panama I think..not Guam, Puerto Rico, or Hawaii before statehood...

But alass, My initial post here said arguing about Obama being a manchurian candidate was about as relative as McCain being ineligible to run for president because of his citizenship.  By that remark, I mean BOTH futile arguments are moot because neither matters...even though McCain is technically not a natural born citizen as pertaining to running for president.  Sorry to stir up this tangent and take this off topic..i forget sometimes which message board I'm on and obviously forgot this board is made up largely of immature, ass-backwards losers who have no ability to debate, discuss topics with civility, or stay on topic.  My bad.

Wee!  Horrible memory indeed...it was I who made that thread!
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=94948

And what's even more funny is you're still using that irrelevant argument that his bloodline matters as you did in that thread...it's pertaining to the 14th amendment in regards to being a presidential candidate.  But whatever, you won't budge.  It's cool.
I decided to read up on it.

STATUTE-

(a) Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26,
    1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this
    chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of
    such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared
    to be a citizen of the United States.

(b) Any person born in the Republic of Panama on or after
    February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date
    of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the
    birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States
    employed by the Government of the United States or by the Panama
    Railroad Company, or its successor in title, is declared to be a
    citizen of the United States.
http://uscode.house.gov/uscode-cgi/fast … %29%20%20A

Seems clear to me, but maybe this was covered before.  If you read the adopted codes, it seems logical that legal channels would consider the birth of someone born to US citizens in US territories and/or Military Installations (especially within the realm of part (b) above) would be considered US citizens eligible to vote and/or run for office.  However, I guess the lack of legal precedent leaves the idea open to interpretation.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-08-13 12:41:03)

SealXo
+309|6534

CMDR_Dave wrote:

The biggest suprise may be that it's actually spelled "surprise".  But seriously, nice post and I guess we'll have to wait and see won't we?   
Uh oh....

Anyways, the point isn't even that he is/was possibly Muslim.

It is that his name was LEGALLY changed to Barry Soetoro when he was adopted, and apparently, when that happens the BC is changed to Barry Soetoro and the old one is trashed/stashed? And if he changed his name back to Obama later in life then he would still have the Soetoro BC.

Even if that is not true, there is still the fact that there is NO public record of him legally changing his name back to Obama. Which there would be.

We assert that Barry Soetoro acquired Indonesian citizenship in approximately 1965-1966, and may still hold it. Barack Obama possibly changed his legal name back to Barack Hussein Obama as an older child, teenager, or adult, possibly never did — but even if he did, this procedure would not result in a change to the BC.
Edit: 800 today woo!

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-13 12:54:32)

IRONCHEF
+385|6489|Northern California

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

STATUTE-

Seems clear to me, but maybe this was covered before.  If you read the adopted codes, it seems logical that legal channels would consider the birth of someone born to US citizens in US territories and/or Military Installations (especially within the realm of part (b) above) would be considered US citizens eligible to vote and/or run for office.  However, I guess the lack of legal precedent leaves the idea open to interpretation.
I'm not debating his citizenship, just his place of birth, as it coincides with the 14th amendment in regards to candidacy for president as cited above.  According to that, he should not be able to run for president...technically.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6371|Kyiv, Ukraine
Relax everyone...its true, they released the birth certificate.

Obama most assuredly cannot be president according to this.

https://slicedbreadtwo.com/images/uploads/COLMKBTWL.gif

As you can see, Juan McCain has it all wrapped up now...viva la viejo!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Rumor has it Colin Powell is going to endorse Obama. That's reeeaal bad for McCain. Aside from the fact that he is a Republican, he is highly respected among both parties/voters.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
It's cos they're both black (sortof)

it's a conspiracy

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-13 14:26:18)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

It's cos they're both black (sortof)

it's a conspiracy
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

IRONCHEF wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

STATUTE-

I'm not debating his citizenship, just his place of birth, as it coincides with the 14th amendment in regards to candidacy for president as cited above.  According to that, he should not be able to run for president...technically.
Just like before...don't let the facts stand in the way of your bias.

Bub.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Kmarion wrote:

Rumor has it Colin Powell is going to endorse Obama. That's reeeaal bad for McCain. Aside from the fact that he is a Republican, he is highly respected among both parties/voters.
Here's a thought...  why not pick Powell as the running mate?  An Obama/Powell ticket would be unstoppable and would definitely redeem Powell after that embarassing stunt at the U.N.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Here's a thought...  why not pick Powell as the running mate?  An Obama/Powell ticket would be unstoppable and would definitely redeem Powell after that embarassing stunt at the U.N.
His redemption came when the freedom of information act allowed us to see how much effort he put into trying to convince the President to not invade. I think Powell is kinda over politics..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

His redemption came when the freedom of information act allowed us to see how much effort he put into trying to convince the President to not invade. I think Powell is kinda over politics..lol.
I wasn't aware of that...  hmmm...  Well anyway, I just know that, if Powell actually was on the ticket, he'd turn this currently close election into a landslide for Obama, even if McCain had Lieberman on his ticket.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard