Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

God Save the Queen wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I dont think theyve declared war
CNN said they did.
jokes?
Nope, that's what they said while I was eating lunch.
Vax
+42|5822|Flyover country

oug wrote:

Vax wrote:

oug wrote:

The intent is always the same. And you know what, it's too late now... looking for links 'n all that... Bottom line is the people only sympathize with the side their government wants them to. Otherwise you would know about these things long ago. You wouldn't be looking for a forgotten link about an insignificant little story. It's sad but what can you do...
Bullshit. Purposely targeting civilians is different than purposely trying to avoid it.

And what things should I have known about long ago?  Wth do you even know about me? I was asking for some body to verify a claim that was made about "bombing whole apartments building to kill one guy".
I didn't mean this to be a personal attack, just a remark about the bias of the media. And in your comment here it is clearly visible again: People are guided to think that only one side targets civilians. That's not true though. In a war both sides do nasty shit. Purposely trying to avoid it my ass. Sorry but I don't buy that stuff.
Sure both sides do nasty shit, but I can tell you that the US military does try to avoid it. Killing civilians is not sanctioned, the very purpose of 'smart technology' WRT weapons is for that purpose, why else is so much money spent on it ?

I am not saying that because I think it's "because we're such nice guys" but that it's  strategic -- the military is well aware of how it plays in the world media when an errant bomb destroys civilians in a market or apartment or somesuch. They know it will fan the flames of any insurgency they are facing; "hearts and minds" and all that.

Last edited by Vax (2008-08-11 16:44:54)

Commie Killer
+192|6357
Defacto independence isnt independence. They were part of Georgia and Georgia did nothing wrong attempting to retain control of it. If the S Ossetians want independence they can also go about it in a lawful way, if they do vote for independence, then you would be correct that the Georgians dont have a right. But legally, they are in the right.

Also, just because they are a different culture doesnt mean they need their own country. Should the US be broken up in sections because not every culture is the same, because the New Englanders and the Southerners have different culture? Should we also break it up on racial lines? What about the people who are from a different culture but live in that area? Are we just gonna send a big "FUCK YOU" to them?

The point is just because they are a different culture doesnt mean they should be a different culture.

Now if they are being fucked by the rest of the country, if they are not being properly represented, and if they are not forcing these things upon themselves by having a fucking revolution, then yeah, I understand where they are coming from. But just because you are a different culture doesnt mean you should have your own fucking country.
Commie Killer
+192|6357
Jesus Christ, forget it, you come off as being so dense sometimes. Considering the US as Imperialists is just idiotic. We aren't installing puppet governments around the world that report to us. We haven't done something like that since the Philippines. And before you do it, dont be comparing Iraq to this, they were democratically elected and are now telling us to leave, if thats a fucking puppet government then I'm a fucking monkey and you're actually sane.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Commie Killer wrote:

The point is just because they are a different culture doesnt mean they should be a different culture.
You raise a valid point.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5764|sweden
to start off with, don't know why ossetia wanted to be independant in the first place, but they have been an independent state since like 94 (with their own language), so i don't see why georgia decides to move in and kill 2000 of them now? just seems like the "i want that cause i want that" mentality.

of course russia will get fucking pissed. but again, i don't know what kind of hidden intentions russia has.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london
I dont like russia
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6137

I dont like russia
Russia is God.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5764|sweden

I dont like russia
they aren't the nicest. they threat the neighbouring countrys that support georgia.
again, i don't like georgia for what they've done... and are still doing. sniping ossetians going into the city outskirts for water.
Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

Commie Killer wrote:

Defacto independence isnt independence.
Really? So what the fuck have been done to Serbia and (it's former part) Kosovo? Double standarts hooh?
I'm not going to say that the only thing Russia keeps in mind is saving but Osetians from Gergians, yet they are doing it. I live a few hundred kilomethers from Pridnestrovia - de-facto indepent state, de-jure - part of Moldovan Republic. Almost identical situation as compared to South Osetia. Most of population of Pridnestrovia are ethnic russians and ukrainians, yet in early 90's after it proclaimed independence Moldovans tried to do the same thing Gergians did a few days ago. They were stopped by rebels and russian military contingent. I can't speak about Osetians - I dont know any personally, but a lot of Pridnestovians are working here in Odessa and I had a chance to speak with them - they want independence, same as Osetians. Back in 90's Moldovans acted a lot like nazis, none of Pridnestrovians I've spoken to doesnt wan't to their country to be part of Moldovan Republic. They want to become either and independent state, or an authonomy in Ukrainian Republic or Russian Federation.

So I want to ask you all ppl: why do you keep using double standarts? When it was about kosovars albanians, USA, EU and UN helped them to get their independence (even though a lot of serbians are now humilated and tortured in Kosovo). But when it comes to hot spots on the borders of former SU , you either don't give a fuck or support nazi goverments (just the same way you keep doing with my goverment, which doesnt want to accept russian language as a second state, even though more then 60% of citizens consider russian their mother tongue. Well, not as brutal example, but thats my own pain - every single official document or procedure I have to make\pass I do in ukrainian). So when albanians were killed, it was a solid reason to send peacekeepers and stop the conflict, but when russians are being killed and Russia tryes to prevent it everybody all over the world supports Gergian nazi goverment (by the way, after so called "revolution of roses", supported by US, brought current Georgian president and goverment to power, they made everything to ruin peacefull relations between two countryes; my goverment tend to do the same, by the way.).

p/s please no bullshit about Georgia retaking back their sovereighn territory - as someone already sad, South Osetia made it's choice when USSR collapsed. It's about Georgia not recognizing it's independence.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-08-11 19:39:53)

Sa¢ripan
+12|6710|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
battlefield 3 total immersion is out soon i see
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US

Braddock wrote:

a territorial dispute between Iraq and Kuwait
ROFL!  Saddam invaded Kuwait out of greed.  I call a massive BS flag on your argument!

I would agree that there is no "good guy," but Georgia is currently being invaded by Russia.  If Russia's intent was really peacekeeping, they would have stopped at the South Ossetian boarder.  Russia is now conducting an invasion of a sovereign nation.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

RAIMIUS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

a territorial dispute between Iraq and Kuwait
ROFL!  Saddam invaded Kuwait out of greed.  I call a massive BS flag on your argument!

I would agree that there is no "good guy," but Georgia is currently being invaded by Russia.  If Russia's intent was really peacekeeping, they would have stopped at the South Ossetian boarder.  Russia is now conducting an invasion of a sovereign nation.
Kuwait used to part of Iraq.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
God Save the Queen
Banned

Longbow wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Really? So what the fuck have been done to Serbia and (it's former part) Kosovo? Double standarts hooh?
I'm not going to say that the only thing Russia keeps in mind is saving but Osetians from Gergians, yet they are doing it. I live a few hundred kilomethers from Pridnestrovia - de-facto indepent state, de-jure - part of Moldovan Republic. Almost identical situation as compared to South Osetia. Most of population of Pridnestrovia are ethnic russians and ukrainians, yet in early 90's after it proclaimed independence Moldovans tried to do the same thing Gergians did a few days ago. They were stopped by rebels and russian military contingent. I can't speak about Osetians - I dont know any personally, but a lot of Pridnestovians are working here in Odessa and I had a chance to speak with them - they want independence, same as Osetians. Back in 90's Moldovans acted a lot like nazis, none of Pridnestrovians I've spoken to doesnt wan't to their country to be part of Moldovan Republic. They want to become either and independent state, or an authonomy in Ukrainian Republic or Russian Federation.

So I want to ask you all ppl: why do you keep using double standarts? When it was about kosovars albanians, USA, EU and UN helped them to get their independence (even though a lot of serbians are now humilated and tortured in Kosovo). But when it comes to hot spots on the borders of former SU , you either don't give a fuck or support nazi goverments (just the same way you keep doing with my goverment, which doesnt want to accept russian language as a second state, even though more then 60% of citizens consider russian their mother tongue. Well, not as brutal example, but thats my own pain - every single official document or procedure I have to make\pass I do in ukrainian). So when albanians were killed, it was a solid reason to send peacekeepers and stop the conflict, but when russians are being killed and Russia tryes to prevent it everybody all over the world supports Gergian nazi goverment (by the way, after so called "revolution of roses", supported by US, brought current Georgian president and goverment to power, they made everything to ruin peacefull relations between two countryes; my goverment tend to do the same, by the way.).

p/s please no bullshit about Georgia retaking back their sovereighn territory - as someone already sad, South Osetia made it's choice when USSR collapsed. It's about Georgia not recognizing it's independence.
Im glad you support Kosovo's independence.
Sa¢ripan
I vot kidnap for poutine then teabag after a while
Longbow

While there are still double standarts - no. Or at least kosovo's Serbians should get aid and opportunity to leave Kosovo.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

Longbow wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

You forgot the little thing called genocide your friendly Serbs extracted on those pesky Kosovo Albanians.

and use a spell checker.

https://i35.tinypic.com/nve7bm.jpg
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
God Save the Queen
Banned

Longbow wrote:

While there are still double standarts - no. Or at least kosovo's Serbians should get aid and opportunity to leave Kosovo.
lol....I see. double standards you say.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-08-11 19:57:15)

Sa¢ripan
dont worry sarko's in da place

https://schlomoh.blog.lemonde.fr/files/2006/11/sarko-salut-romain-ap.jpg
Sa¢ripan
btw dont be scared of russian army

https://media.koreus.com/200510/biere-alcool13.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Sarkozy is a funny guy.  In certain ways, I like him, but he's too corporate for my tastes.

Anyway, it looks like Russia has gone off the deep end.  Hopefully, their aggression against Georgia will now result in sanctions.
gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|5966

Sa¢ripan wrote:

http://media.koreus.com/200510/biere-alcool13.jpg
be very scared bitch

https://i38.tinypic.com/2zzkh3t.jpg
Commie Killer
+192|6357

gatorlova wrote:

Sa¢ripan wrote:

http://media.koreus.com/200510/biere-alcool13.jpg
be very scared bitch

http://i38.tinypic.com/2zzkh3t.jpg
LOL!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Look at Desert Shield. Its difficult to transport M1's round the world, especially when you have to move a few hundred miles overland. Anyways, you cant hold ground with aircraft, and I doubt our NATO partners would jump to help us out.

Just to get everything there and set up would take 2 or so weeks. You need ammo, fuel, troops, replacement equipment, maintenence staff, the equipment, etc. Not to mention not all this stuff can be transported by air. Its not that efficient flying bombs around the world. They're meant to be carried by ships, trains, trucks, etc.

This aint some Bear and the Dragon scenario where airpower is gonna fuck up the Russian Army.
We don't need to commit ground forces. All we need is to fly sorties from bases in Iraq over Georgia. Our airpower is not going to defeat the Russia army, but if they start losing their bombers, they might think twice about pressing the offensive. We can show we are serious about defending Georgia without becoming their army. Putin doesn't want to escalate this to huge war, because then he would ultimately lose control of Russia.
Longbow
https://de.fishki.net/picsw/082008/11/anek_4.jpg
Pretty much sums it all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard