RastaBlasta
+9|5749
Everybody knows that China is a shitbag country.

Is anybody else on here planning on ignoring/boycotting the Olympics, cos I'm sure I'm not the only one?

https://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/8/8/f_freetibetmam_df1d1ce.jpg

Last edited by RastaBlasta (2008-08-08 11:17:00)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
I'll probably watch some swimming and a little basketball, but that's it. Otherwise China can go royally fuck itself.

Bring on Vancouver.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
I'm going to watch Olympic games-they shouldn't suffer cos of a country's wrong political decisions.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

wat?
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth
You are going to ignore/boycott all the hard work that all the people from all those different sports and different countries put into the Olympics just becuase you disagree with where the events are taking place. You sir, fail at life.
Signature
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6196|Schofield Barracks
im gonna watch it.
at cross country practice our coach told us "i want you guys to watch the olympics it gets you pumped up for running. Like beat the fuckin comies kick em in the ballsack."
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
China, or anyone for that matter doesn't care if you don't watch the games on your plasma screen TV. They don't gain anything from you choosing not to watch them.

And every country's a shitbag country when they're hosting the Olympics. I'm sure in 4 years London will be getting boycotted by angry teens and people will be protesting.
.Sup
be nice

pyscofrawg wrote:

You are going to ignore/boycott all the hard work that all the people from all those different sports and different countries put into the Olympics just becuase you disagree with where the events are taking place. You sir, fail at life.
Exactly. Many hours have been spent in preparation for Olympic games. People who planned them have nothing to do with politics. Its sports ffs.
RastaBlasta
+9|5749

.Sup wrote:

I'm going to watch Olympic games-they shouldn't suffer cos of a country's wrong political decisions.
Who do you mean by they?

The athletes? Because it's their political decision too, imo. They've decided to support China by attending those games. They've effectively traded people's basic rights for their own shot at fame and fortune.

I'm not sure what I would've done in their position, working so hard to get there and all, but I think they have to accept some responsibility.

pyscofrawg wrote:

You sir, fail at life.
I might have to have that as my epitaph, coming from a respected authority such as yourself

Last edited by RastaBlasta (2008-08-08 11:28:14)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718
I can't see through the mist...lol...   i'm going to support the athletes... China sucks...not them...
Love is the answer
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

pyscofrawg wrote:

So if the Olympics were held in Somalia or Serbia when they were going through their civil war/genocide of muslims, you wouldn't mind?

The IOC is such shit.

I think usm will agree with me here when he's finished drinking.
.Sup
be nice

RastaBlasta wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Who do you mean by they?

The athletes? Because it's their political decision too, imo. They've decided to support China by attending those games. They've effectively traded people's basic rights for their own shot at fame and fortune.

I'm not sure what I would've done in their position, working so hard to get there and all, but I think they have to accept some responsibility.
The games and athletes. They attended the games for 1 reason only: Competition.
.Sup
be nice

Poseidon wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

So if the Olympics were held in Somalia or Serbia when they were going through their civil war/genocide of muslims, you wouldn't mind?

The IOC is such shit.

Or in America when cowboys murdered Indians.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

.Sup wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

The IOC is such shit.

Proving your ignorance once again. Job well done.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/kaneklapae4wf6.gif
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

RastaBlasta wrote:

thats a pretty ignorant statement.
athletes that have trained for the majority of their lives to compete in the OLYMPICS should give up that opportunity cause you dont agree with chinas policy on tibet?

i love how these "activist" types can never look at the big picture.
only, "oh noes china is teh mean to tibet!!11!!!!".
jamiet757
+138|6624
I always ignore the Olympics, and all sports in general, I could care less, I don't understand why everyone makes such a huge deal about it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

jamiet757 wrote:

I don't understand why everyone makes such a huge deal about it.
Oh, I dunno...the biggest gathering of the best athletes around the world?

Even if it wasn't in China I probably wouldn't have watched it.
RastaBlasta
+9|5749

Parker wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

athletes that have trained for the majority of their lives to compete in the OLYMPICS should give up that opportunity cause you dont agree with chinas policy on tibet?

Shame you didn't quote (or even read?) my entire post.

RastaBlasta wrote:

Last edited by RastaBlasta (2008-08-08 11:37:28)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
Err the Olympics are about sporting and athleticism, no?

Too many absolute 'tards making it a huge political thing this year. OK so the Olympic Committee's decision of host-country is a political decision- but let's not detract from the sportsmanship and good sport we're actually going to see in the event. Plus a bunch of crazy whiteboys in the Western World denouncing China's moment of glory is hardly going to bother the high-ranking members of the Chinese Party.

"SIR WE HAVE AN ISSUE, 30 PEOPLE ON A REMOTE MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET ARE REFUSING TO WATCH OUR GAMES. MAYBE IT REALLY IS TIME TO GIVE TIBET BACK!".

Last edited by Uzique (2008-08-08 11:38:15)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
.Sup
be nice

Poseidon wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

The IOC is such shit.

Proving your ignorance once again. Job well done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/ … ae4wf6.gif
What ignorance? If that makes me ignorant then you are too. Are only Serbia and Somalia the bad guys and China and Russia? And USA is an angel right? I wonder which country killed the most people. I'm sure yours would in the top 3. There was war everywhere not just Serbia and Somalia.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Poseidon wrote:

I'll probably watch some swimming and a little basketball, but that's it. Otherwise China can go royally fuck itself.

Poseidon wrote:

Tibet thanks you for your support.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

RastaBlasta wrote:

Parker wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

didnt need to.
i have a nice heaping pile of your ignorance in one quote.

edit:
and NO they dont have to accept some responsibility.
are you fucking retarded?
athletes that train for sports are responsible for chinas stance on tibet?

seriously, you are way out there man.

Last edited by Parker (2008-08-08 11:39:41)

jamiet757
+138|6624

Poseidon wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

I don't understand why everyone makes such a huge deal about it.
Oh, I dunno...the biggest gathering of the best athletes around the world?

So, I just had the biggest gathering of shit in my toilet a minute ago, no one was clamoring around to see that before I flushed it...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
To be honest Rasta, be realistic.

As if athletes that dedicate their entire life to their moment of Olymypic competition are going to mass-boycott just because of where the track, field and stadium are actually located. It's a minor detail in their bigger picture- they're dedicated to their discipline/sport, and want to excel and be the best in the world. They're not politicians and rightly so; athletes shouldn't be involved in the politics surrounding the Olympic games- it's always bullshit that's solely circulated by Internet whiners like you anyway.

Why are we having the discussion as to which State has "killed the most"? It has nothing to do with the Olympics.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
.Sup
be nice

RastaBlasta wrote:

Parker wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

RastaBlasta wrote:

What responsibility? They are not responsible for political decisions of a foreign country. Athletes are athletes and politicians are politicians, politicians are the ones who should take responsibility.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard