FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
Simple idea, post up a youtube of a song, which has been mixed/whatever.

Post up stuff that should never, ever have been mixed.

My first: Irish Folk meets Dance music:

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

I wanted to post all of the country music that had ever been recorded, but it wouldn't fit.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth

chittydog wrote:

I wanted to post all of the country music that had ever been recorded, but it wouldn't fit.
Maybe if you posted half and I posted the other half...but this thread was made for country music.
Signature
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

naightknifar wrote:

I loved that scene when he painted her on the couch...
oChaos.Haze
+90|6440

Uggggh  Tim McGraw and Nelly.  lmfao

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-08 09:34:46)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
I think a 'hardcore' or 'dance remix' of any song in existence ever could merit a place in this thread.

Hardcore/hardstep/gabba/etc. for the MASSIVE lose.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
Eh what's 'mixed' about your videos Teddy? Seasick Steve is doing his own thing, which is decent if you're into that sort of music. The other band... well, 1970 called, they want their rock music back. But regardless they're still not remixes or song mashups!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5755|Roma
Those rappers that have hot naked girls with fast cars in their videos.
Seriously already the music sucks you are just plainly saying "I suck at making music so i put hot chicks and fast cars ok?"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

aerodynamic wrote:

Those rappers that have hot naked girls with fast cars in their videos.
Seriously already the music sucks you are just plainly saying "I suck at making music so i put hot chicks and fast cars ok?"

OP wrote:

"Simple idea, post up a youtube of a song, which has been mixed/whatever.

Post up stuff that should never, ever have been mixed."
People don't read topics anymore

Although I do agree on the point about mainstream 'rap' music (when I say 'rap' I mean record-label rap puppet imitators).
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651

Uzique wrote:

Eh what's 'mixed' about your videos Teddy? Seasick Steve is doing his own thing, which is decent if you're into that sort of music. The other band... well, 1970 called, they want their rock music back. But regardless they're still not remixes or song mashups!
Didn't read the mixed part..

Whatever that's a lot of awesome music I just posted provided you're into that music..
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium

Uzique wrote:

I think a 'hardcore' or 'dance remix' of any song in existence ever could merit a place in this thread.

Hardcore/hardstep/gabba/etc. for the MASSIVE lose.
If you're referring to UK hardcore I concur. I'd rather listen to speedcore than having to hear crappy happy hardcore.

If you're referring to hardcore in general, I beg to differ.

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
You can beg to differ all you want, Dutch hardcore is definitely the worst form of music in the world. 'Speedcore' and such genres are an absolute joke . Neophyte? Hahah, what next- Angerfist? Utterly talentless and cheesy music, it makes me question the human race when people listen to this. You do realize they use about 5 samples and then just go for a 4/4 280-320bpm mess on a program like Fruityloops?

I'm convinced I can teach anyone to make 'hardcore' music in about 5 minutes with the same programs and tools that these talentless hacks use.

Put on some real electronic music, I 'beg' you
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium
Ok then Uzique, enlighten me with your brilliant music choice.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
I can't be bothered to argue at length about music taste in someone elses thread... you've made a good contribution to the 'bad mixes' topic though with your videos- that's all I'll say .

I've been fanatically religiously into electronic music since the rave craze of the early 1990's- and just in my opinion hardcore, speedcore, gabba... all this nonsense, it's trash like we've never seen or heard before. No talent to it, no creativity to it, no actual passion to it either. Speed and banging drums doesn't necessarily make the 'hardest' and most dance-able electronic music...

Discuss more here.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-08-08 13:04:15)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium
Since when did 'dance-able' become a criterion for good electronic music?

I checked some of the names on that last.fm page. I dislike mellow and trying-to-be-psychedelic music. It comes across as monotone tripe to me (which is your opinion on hardcore). But hey, to each his own. I've had this discussion too many times IRL and I can't be arsed in derailing a topic in order to argue with some random guy on the Internet.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6440
Fella's one of the most beautiful things about music is that it doesn't matter what the person next to you likes.  They can't change what you like and such.   No one can ever accurately say that any kind of music is bad, without dissing the concept of music itself.  Music has no rules, limits, genres.  Those are all things we add later...

I, for one, love hearing what other people like and dislike, because in the end, I'll never change it.  It's like looking at an outfit you find hideous, while someone else is wearing it and loving it.  Different strokes for different folks.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6253|England
This sucks big floppy donkey dick tbh. my god my ears

Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

basshunter
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Since when did 'dance-able' become a criterion for good electronic music?

I checked some of the names on that last.fm page. I dislike mellow and trying-to-be-psychedelic music. It comes across as monotone tripe to me (which is your opinion on hardcore). But hey, to each his own. I've had this discussion too many times IRL and I can't be arsed in derailing a topic in order to argue with some random guy on the Internet.
You're talking to someone who knows what they're on about, which is a problem for you I think.

'Dance-able' isn't a criterion- that's why almost 15,000 of my plays (a huge majority of my Top Artists overall since 2004) are categorically IDM. Do you know what IDM is? Do you know that it is pretty much the epitome of un-danceable electronic music? Not even going to go on to elaborate on all the breakcore, ambience and drone/noise that's on there... because of course that stuff is pumpin' in the clubs.

Trying to-be-psychedelic? E.g.? Do you even recognise artists such as Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada as absolute paragons of the modern electronic music scene? Pioneers, recognised and respected by everyone in the music community... not just electronic. I'm quite sure they're not 'trying to be' anything... besides bogus genres such as psytrance with their dodgy Infected Mushroom-wannabe artists are much closer to hardcore and your sort of club-friendly music than the electronica that I listen to.

And hardcore is technically monotone; almost every song hovers around the same average BPM, they use the same drum rhythms, and in most cases use the exact same bloody drum-machine hardware or VST-emulation anyway! It's formulaic... introduce sample -> slow euphoric/dark-sounding buildup -> drop the stupid 320bpm 4/4 rhythm DUM DUM DUM DUM beat as people start gibbering like ecstacy-high rabbits -> close song / mix-in to next song (which is very hard from a DJ perspective may I add, that same-tempo same-rhythm vinyl doesn't go on easily!) -> rinse/repeat.

It's sad because I would have discussed electronic music with you willingly on my Last.fm page in private, but you just pretty much paraded around this thread with a sign on your head saying 'Look at me! I don't have a fucking clue!' and so now I know that any reasonable discussion is going to fall on deaf (lol pun, hardcore fan) ears.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Music debate = lol
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
fucking retards.

this is about songs that have been mixed with ANY type of music genre, to create something utterly garbage.

not "lol hardcore/rock/pop/ryan" sucks

get it the fuck back on track
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
wensleydale8
+81|6771|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire

I personally think this is ok but other people would beg to differ.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard