theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752
nah I am not a "power" player either, but i think because this was my first mmorpg, i didnt really know what i was doing to begin with and lost what was happening with the story. So just dont bother reading the quests properly.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

But I have like 3 months until Uni starts and then Uni (which as far as I know is easier than school) so I have the time.
Doing arts?
If not, your going to be in for a big fucking shock.
Damnit.

I think you are right my inebriated friend. And I am doing engineering, which is supposedly psycho hard.
lol, depends what type of engineering, but I think you'll be looking at 25-30+ hours of lectures and tuts a week, plus homework, assignment and study. And what you learnt in the in the last 2 years of school crammed into about 14 weeks... good luck. The 4 month break over summer is nice tho
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

DrunkFace wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Doing arts?
If not, your going to be in for a big fucking shock.
Damnit.

I think you are right my inebriated friend. And I am doing engineering, which is supposedly psycho hard.
lol, depends what type of engineering, but I think you'll be looking at 25-30+ hours of lectures and tuts a week, plus homework, assignment and study. And what you learnt in the in the last 2 years of school crammed into about 14 weeks... good luck. The 4 month break over summer is nice tho
sure is. you make it sound like school all over again

theDude5B wrote:

nah I am not a "power" player either, but i think because this was my first mmorpg, i didnt really know what i was doing to begin with and lost what was happening with the story. So just dont bother reading the quests properly.
Mmm. I generally don't either anymore, lol. I wasted like a day of playtime finishing the shire...lol. It has given me a headstart in terms of deeds/traits/virtues etc though, compared to my friend.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6758|Hell, p.o box 666

seem like I have to reinstall that game.... was great fun till lvl37 (guardian, ask Hall and Dude ), but unfortunatley 10€/month was too much when I dont had any time to play at all...
sinnik
+16|6000|@defamations pad taking notes.
LOL defo agree about the classwork at Uni - think you're gonna be in for a shock but having said that I've got a couple of mate's that did engineering and they still had time to party pretty harty as well though! (Having said that they both did have to resit a year so mebbe that says something
I played the Beta of lotr and thought it was pretty good. I got to level 18 in Beta and then 26 in in the game untill I got too pissed off to play. Champions wher crap at the start btw - you spent half your cash on passive defence blockig etc but when you took your fervour off you didn't generate anough threat to actually tank at all - total waste of money. Having said that I heard that they've soreted that now but too late for me!!

Also they changed our Fellowship name without telling us first because for some reason they thought Male Pwn Stars was not appropriate!!! LOL (think we're still listed in hte wiki though!)
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

sure is. you make it sound like school all over again
Ohhh its a fuck load better then school, but if you want to do well you'll have to put in the effort.
You could just not turn up to anything but the final exam and pass if you want (I know I have), but I wouldn't recommend it for everything.

The uni wont care about you or what you do, but saying that if do you ask for help, they'll do what ever they can.

And then there's the Bar.... hmmmm turning up to lectures trashed, how fun.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752

Slayer wrote:

seem like I have to reinstall that game.... was great fun till lvl37 (guardian, ask Hall and Dude ), but unfortunatley 10€/month was too much when I dont had any time to play at all...
reinstall?! That mean you are coming back?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6758|Hell, p.o box 666

maybe my friend
Hallvard
+262|6524|North Norway

Slayer wrote:

maybe my friend
Would be nice timing to get back as both me and dude have alts around your level
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6368|California
I played the closed beta, I had a lvl 50 elf loremaster CB1, then a lvl 50 elf hunter CB2. It was great fun, but unfortunaly for me, I don't play any games that require a monthly fee.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

aint bad tbh
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK
Whats wrong with WoW anyway? Why don't you guys like it?
Dragonclaw
+186|6307|Florida

SEREVENT wrote:

Whats wrong with WoW anyway? Why don't you guys like it?
Shh

Do not speak of this here.

It is best kept to yourself, if thats what you play.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
I tried the trial and played the game afterwards for a good month, and quickly came to the conclusion that the game wasn't anywhere near as good as World of Warcraft. LoTR:Online tries to emulate and 'copy' WoW on so many features and so many aspects of gameplay and simply fails at all- it feels bulky, the party-system and group-mechanics feel awkward and poorly refined and overall the game couldn't persuade me to dedicate my MMO-playing time towards it.

Timmah I have to say that I do feel sorry for you- if you enjoy LoTR:Online you'll enjoy World of Warcraft tenfold, and that's not me trying to be a fanboy... I personally cannot stand playing WoW (or any MMO for that matter) nowadays- but seriously- rethink your reasons for spending all those dolluhs on a poor attempt at an MMORPG. WoW may make you "feel dirty" for the first week because it's 'cool' to ridicule people that play the most succesful MMO of all time, but ultimately you'll be having a LOT more fun.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6446|California
I just got it today for only 15 bucks and am going to try it out. The only problem is I've been downloading updates for the past 3-4 hours, which has made me a bit pissed.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

RandomSchl wrote:

I just got it today for only 15 bucks and am going to try it out. The only problem is I've been downloading updates for the past 3-4 hours, which has made me a bit pissed.
Welcome to the world of MMORPG's, where the monthly subscriptions contribute towards frequent updates and content additions .

On a MMO-related note: Is anyone else looking forward to Warhammer Online? I figure seeing as WoW is taboo here... everyone seems to be considering all of the alternatives, so why not!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Uzique wrote:

RandomSchl wrote:

Welcome to the world of MMORPG's, where the monthly subscriptions contribute towards frequent updates and content additions .
Wut bout Steam? The initial cost of a product seems to net you truckloads of free additional content from valve...

If I had a gaming PC and net connection I'd be playing WAR as a beta tester right now.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TimmmmaaaaH

Uzique wrote:

I tried the trial and played the game afterwards for a good month, and quickly came to the conclusion that the game wasn't anywhere near as good as World of Warcraft. LoTR:Online tries to emulate and 'copy' WoW on so many features and so many aspects of gameplay and simply fails at all- it feels bulky, the party-system and group-mechanics feel awkward and poorly refined and overall the game couldn't persuade me to dedicate my MMO-playing time towards it.

Timmah I have to say that I do feel sorry for you- if you enjoy LoTR:Online you'll enjoy World of Warcraft tenfold, and that's not me trying to be a fanboy... I personally cannot stand playing WoW (or any MMO for that matter) nowadays- but seriously- rethink your reasons for spending all those dolluhs on a poor attempt at an MMORPG. WoW may make you "feel dirty" for the first week because it's 'cool' to ridicule people that play the most succesful MMO of all time, but ultimately you'll be having a LOT more fun.
I'm sure you have a point, and I suppose WoW is technically 'better'.

Things other than gameplay play a big part. I can't stand the annoying "larger than life" art style Blizzard has taken. I love the way Starcraft looks (or looked, it doesnt look so good stretched over 24" lol)....the fact that SC2 looks the way it does it really dissapointing for me - Blizzard can justify it how they want, I still think it looks terrible.

Players/community is another big one. I cant judge the playerbase of WoW really, but judging by other 'popular' games such as CS:S and AoC....I dont really want to find out. CS has always been one of the worst, I realise this, but the fact is - the more popular games are I find more and more annoying 12 year olds appear. AoC was...just terrible in that regard. I dont even think that the worst were young - just really really aggressive and unlikeable.

I guess I am being "elitist" like someone said a lot of lotro players are, but I dont really care - I dont like annoying 12 year olds or over agressive people. The only time I have encountered them in lotro is rants on the PVP boards - and seeing as I dont really PVP much and that those arguments are between probably less than 10 or so people it doesnt really impact me. AoC forums were like a flamefest, with an occasional post without insults or flames.

Another thing is the universe. The fact that Blizzard can make up whatever shit they want and just say it is the expansion makes me even less inclined. Even AoC had a universe based on something (admittedly from what I read on the forums it wasnt very true to it, but I guess that was on the forums). I infinitely prefer playing a game based on a world I care about and am interested in exploring - for example the first expansion is opening up (opening up, not inventing) the Mines of Moria and Lothlorien. The fact I can read the books and get histories and backstories to these places and get a mental picture in my mind is awesome...obviously many people would not/do not care, but I like that and so do many others. The same thing applies to raids and the storyline - I actually know what I am fighting and am interested in that.

Wall of text, etc. I apologise.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6458|The edge of sanity

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

So anyway. Me and my friend started our 7 day trials a couple of days ago, and are probably going to subscribe now (it is only $29.99 for 3 months anyway).

I am only level 14 or something atm, but am enjoying it. I don't feel dirty like I would playing WoW, lol.

So does anyone play? I remember some EU guy played a lot of it at one stage (Hallvard maybe?).
Leave now and never come back.
Fenris, no matter how much you threaten anyone you will always sound like a twelve year old boy in real life.
TimmmmaaaaH

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

So anyway. Me and my friend started our 7 day trials a couple of days ago, and are probably going to subscribe now (it is only $29.99 for 3 months anyway).

I am only level 14 or something atm, but am enjoying it. I don't feel dirty like I would playing WoW, lol.

So does anyone play? I remember some EU guy played a lot of it at one stage (Hallvard maybe?).
Leave now and never come back.
Fenris, no matter how much you threaten anyone you will always sound like a twelve year old boy in real life.
ROFL.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard