Monkey_Business
Banned
+23|5772
I just started playing an online BF2 game after I got home, and punkbuster IMMEDIATELY kicks me from the server and say's "ignoring MD5tool query", or missing/losing key packets. I cannot play on ANY server without being booted less than a minute after. I have never used any kind of hack or cheat program, I do not stat-pad, what the fuck is the goddamn problem? Is my account dead for some mysterious reason because of this?

I have no idea what the hell this means!

Can I sue EA for this "error"?

Last edited by Monkey_Business (2008-08-07 22:11:51)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6668
query has to do with the database, losing packets u might be losing connection packets not getting there on time aka internet connection
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6695|Colorado
try updating punkbuster http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

No you cannot sue due to the agreement you clicked when you installed the game.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2008-08-07 22:13:22)

Monkey_Business
Banned
+23|5772

blademaster wrote:

query has to do with the database, losing packets u might be losing connection packets not getting there on time aka internet connection
Is there something wrong with my account in the database? and does that mean I can never play it online again? And I do not believe that there is anything wrong with my internet connection. If it is possible for a BF2 account to suddenly "die" because of a EA master server/database error, then I find it that appallingly unacceptable. For fuck sake, can't I just play the game?

Exactly what "database" are you talking about?
DaMaster
+7|5848|USA, WV

Monkey_Business wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Is there something wrong with my account in the database? and does that mean I can never play it online again? And I do not believe that there is anything wrong with my internet connection. If it is possible for a BF2 account to suddenly "die" because of a EA master server/database error, then I find it that appallingly unacceptable. For fuck sake, can't I just play the game?

MD5 Tool is a PB Program. Most likely MD5 Tool is in some way dammaged. Use the pbsvc.exe program. If that dosen't fix it, reinstall BF2. Your account is fine, the same thing would happen on ANY account that you used on your pc at its current state.
san4
The Mas
+311|6711|NYC, a place to live
Also run services.msc and make sure the PnkBstrA service is running.
Monkey_Business
Banned
+23|5772

DaMaster wrote:

Monkey_Business wrote:

blademaster wrote:

MD5 Tool is a PB Program. Most likely MD5 Tool is in some way dammaged. Use the pbsvc.exe program. If that dosen't fix it, reinstall BF2. Your account is fine, the same thing would happen on ANY account that you used on your pc at its current state.
What exactly do you mean when you say "your pc at its current state"?
Monkey_Business
Banned
+23|5772
After I ran that program you linked me to, I played bf2, and everything was fine for about almost an hour, until it said "your connection to the server has ended". And I tried playing another server, than then it said the same thing less than a minute after joining. And then the game crashed, I rebooted my computer, and now I cannot get on the internet at all. The internet on my laptop works fine though. Was that program you linked me to, actually some kind of malicious trojan horse aimed at damaging my computer? What the fuck did I ever do to you?!!
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6281|B.C. Canada

Monkey_Business wrote:

HAHAHA are you actually serious!
Monkey_Business
Banned
+23|5772
I don't understand why the internet does not work at all on my desktop after running punkbuster program, and then playing bf2 online with no problem, for almost an hour, until "the connection to the server has ended", two times in a row. And then after the second time, the game crashed, I was forced to reboot my computer, and now I do not have any internet access on it at all. But the intenet on my laptop works fine. What the fuck happened to my computer?!?!
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6309|eng
I don't know what has happened to your pc, but i get md5 tool errors all the time, and i just update my punkbuster through that program, works fine. It's got to be something at your end, maybe an internet setting that has changed?
And lol you thinking that that link was a virus.
#rekt
Mavik
+22|5799|Germany
Download a new Punkbuster setup file and put it into different directory than the game (x:\games\pb or anything).
Delete the content of the PB directory in your BF directory.
Run the PB setup file, add BF, let it search for updates, try playing again.

No internet connection?
Not a problem caused by PB or BF, either get a firewall and/or anti-virus program and be more careful on the internet or stop downloading and buy... whatever you were downloading...
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6214|Roma

Monkey_Business wrote:

Was that program you linked me to, actually some kind of malicious trojan horse aimed at damaging my computer? What the fuck did I ever do to you?!!
lol

If all else fails, just re-install BF2 and re-patch.
Usually works for me.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5997|England

Monkey_Business wrote:

ye

take em to court mate
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6642|Mhz

Just get on and update punkbuster already.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6345|Orrstrayleea

Monkey_Business wrote:

Defiantly, you can take a multi-billion dollar company, who can afford the best lawyers to court, try and prove a case against them. You'd loose, and have to foot the costs.

All over a game, you did not patch/update properly.

Go 4 it m8, sue EA.
Adamshannon8
+94|6207
reinstall pb and make sure your firewall/vista has the access to let programs out/run as admin.

Last edited by Adamshannon8 (2008-08-08 07:10:37)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6404|the land of bourbon

Monkey_Business wrote:

lulz
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
jamiet757
+138|6645

Adamshannon8 wrote:

reinstall pb and make sure your firewall/vista has the access to let programs out/run as admin.
Alright, obviously this guy is a complete and total idiot, so why would you include technical information like that in your post? He will have no idea what you are saying and think you are trying to make him install a virus or something stupid.

Monkey, reinstall the f-ing game and stop freaking out about some stupid error that everyone gets, and also, try google.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6739

Monkey_Business wrote:

that's awesome... good luck with that....lol
Love is the answer
Icleos
+101|6765
No you can't sue EA for this error.
The judge will dismiss it in court and just laugh at you.

What's your ingame name?
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5777

Icleos wrote:

What's your ingame name?
kidnap tbh.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6665|can

`MetaL* wrote:

Icleos wrote:

What's your ingame name?
kidnap tbh.
lez fukin doit
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6832|Marathon, Florida Keys

Monkey_Business wrote:

wtf

what is your IQ?
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6392

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Monkey_Business wrote:

wtf

what is your IQ?
=:ronin:.|Patton's computer 5 sec's after the post

*****************************************************************************************
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: SARCASM.SYS

PAGE_FAULT_SARCASM_DETECTOR_FAILIURE

***STOP 0x0000000050****

******************************************************************************************

ontopic delete pb and reinstal it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard