Poll

What should the US concenterate their military operations on?

Continue their operations in Iraq11%11% - 5
Send troops to Iraq and Afghanistan13%13% - 6
Prepare for war with Iran13%13% - 6
Only send troops to Afghanistan to crush the Taliban31%31% - 14
Pull out their troops from the Middle East29%29% - 13
Total: 44
User007Gamer
???
+21|5952|Dubai, UAE
Let's hear what you think.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Defending the American homeland. Ye know - the stuff from which their attention has been distracted since the 1950s.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-08-07 10:04:27)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

CameronPoe wrote:

Defending the American homeland. Ye know - the stuff from which their attention has been distracted since the 1950s.
I hear the Soviets are in Iran.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

CameronPoe wrote:

No ones gonna even think about invading America. They wouldn't even get past Europe/Jamaica depending on who they were.

I voted prepare for war with Iran. They're acting hard, capturing British ships and running over children and supporting the war against the West. If they want a war we'll give them one.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Iran wouldn't even be acting hard, capturing British ships and doing all this shit if we weren't doing all that crap in (mainly) Iraq. They didn't give much of a shit about operations in Afghanistan, infact they wanted it too.

We created the Iranian problem.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

SEREVENT wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

No ones gonna even think about invading America. They wouldn't even get past Europe/Jamaica depending on who they were.

I voted prepare for war with Iran. They're acting hard, capturing British ships and running over children and supporting the war against the West. If they want a war we'll give them one.
That's the problem with many Americans. They see the world as their own playtoy and will stamp over anyone who interferes in 'US interests', whatever the fuck they decide such 'interests' are. An army is for defending your country. Not for hegemony over others, not for economic gain, not for establishing strategic footholds in certain locales, not for 'nation building'. Iran are not a meaningful threat to the US and never could be in the context of mutually assured destruction - the US have no rights whatsoever to wage war on Iran. Period.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-08-07 10:25:29)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

CameronPoe wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

That's the problem with many Americans. They see the world as their own playtoy and will stamp over anyone who interferes in 'US interests', whatever the fuck they decide such 'interests' are. An army is for defending your country. Not for hegemony over others. Iran are not a meaningful threat to the US and never could be in the context of mutually assured destruction - the US have no rights whatsoever to wage war on Iran. Period.
We don't need the Army to defend the homeland. That's what the National Guard is for.
Flaming_Maniac

CameronPoe wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

That's the problem with many Americans. They see the world as their own playtoy and will stamp over anyone who interferes in 'US interests', whatever the fuck they decide such 'interests' are. An army is for defending your country. Not for hegemony over others, not for economic gain, not for establishing strategic footholds in certain locales, not for 'nation building'. Iran are not a meaningful threat to the US and never could be in the context of mutually assured destruction - the US have no rights whatsoever to wage war on Iran. Period.
No one ever has a "right" to wage war, you wage war on people when you want something from them or in defense. That is true of every war throughout history.

That said, Iran has given us no reason to do so in defense, and it would be stupid tactically and politically to pick a fight.

edit: Poseidon, really.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

No one ever has a "right" to wage war, you wage war on people when you want something from them or in defense. That is true of every war throughout history.

That said, Iran has given us no reason to do so in defense, and it would be stupid tactically and politically to pick a fight.
I don't think 'wanting something from someone' constitutes a basis for waging a morally 'right' war.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

SEREVENT wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

We've been invaded 14 million times from the south.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
User007Gamer
???
+21|5952|Dubai, UAE

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

edit: Poseidon, really.
Very true, like what happened during the OPEC oil crisis. Learning from the past, I think that might happen again if they start a war with Iran or keep supporting Israel.
User007Gamer
???
+21|5952|Dubai, UAE

Kmarion wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lol but true . Heck people even say the Ancient Chinese had a shot at invasion. Half way round the world? Thats one long, long journey. Just goes to show you, invasion is in our (human) blood.

Last edited by User007Gamer (2008-08-07 10:42:49)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

An Army is for warfare, whihc covers a lot more than just home defence
Spazz
+7|6536

User007Gamer wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

lol but true . Heck people even say the Ancient Chinese had a shot at invasion. Half way round the world? Thats one long, long journey. Just goes to show you, invasion is in our (human) blood.
i think its more greed than invasion
IRONCHEF
+385|6461|Northern California
Bring home everyone, overhaul the entire military to run on half the absurd budget they have, focus on the soldier more than technology, safeguard our borders with heavy deployments along most of it.  Once the homeland is secure, then that free half of the military budget could EASILY provide healthcare for those uninsured, improve alot of other basic services that are floundering in this country, end poverty HERE...

Then, once this country is safe, secure, revitalized militarily, our OWN people taken care of...THEN we can focus on bullying other countries into submission since apparently foreign fuel is a national security issue...
Flaming_Maniac

CameronPoe wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I don't think 'wanting something from someone' constitutes a basis for waging a morally 'right' war.
I'm just stating the facts. No one waits for someone to declare a war morally right to start bombing shit if they really want something.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

CameronPoe wrote:

I don't say the americans should prepare for war with Iran but they're pushing it. IMO them supplying the taliban with means to kill your troops clearly indicates what they think. They're certainly not a meaningful threat in the context of being capable of being on equal footing with america but they do intend to cause harm to american // allied troops across their borders, should you turn a blind eye towards it like nothing's happening?

Besides I have the idea that if america isn't going to take the first shot at Iran, Israel will...

Last edited by dayarath (2008-08-07 11:41:51)

inane little opines
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification

IRONCHEF wrote:

Bring home everyone, overhaul the entire military to run on half the absurd budget they have, focus on the soldier more than technology, safeguard our borders with heavy deployments along most of it.  Once the homeland is secure, then that free half of the military budget could EASILY provide healthcare for those uninsured, improve alot of other basic services that are floundering in this country, end poverty HERE...

Then, once this country is safe, secure, revitalized militarily, our OWN people taken care of...THEN we can focus on bullying other countries into submission since apparently foreign fuel is a national security issue...
Most sensible thing I've read in a while.

I would prefer a large troop influx into Afghanistan though.  I can't help but think that by absolutely overwhelming the Taliban the country would be put on the fast track to stability and total sovereignty.
13rin
+977|6449
I picked the send toops to Iraq and Afganistan.  I chose this so that we could continue troop rotations until Oct. 2010 (look to be the end mission date -as of now) and hammer Afganistan. 

After that, reel them all back in, give em' a big ass tinker tape parade through NY city along with promotions and some R&R.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Why does the US military need to be doing anything?
The US is only fighting wars of its choosing.
I would prefer a large troop influx into Afghanistan though.  I can't help but think that by absolutely overwhelming the Taliban the country would be put on the fast track to stability and total sovereignty.
Didn't we try that already?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-08-07 17:08:25)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Humm, they should just stay home a little and stop getting involved into everything worldwide for a little unless it really require it. They could prolly spend less on military and make the citizen benefit from this. The familly of the soldiers would also benefit a little break from the US.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6423|Ontario, Canada
wheres the Vietnam option?
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Crush the Taliban...
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US
We should crush the Taliban, and establish security in Afghanistan.
Iraq needs to be stabilized.

The question becomes, is sending more troops the answer, or do we need to refocus our efforts on other priorities to ensure stability?  More troops can mean more security, but there are only so many we can send without breaking the Army.  The real key is establishing the local government as the legitimate authority...easier said than done!
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6164|Schofield Barracks

SEREVENT wrote:

If they want a war we'll give them one.
Fuck yea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard