User007Gamer
???
+21|5982|Dubai, UAE

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Of course the earth is flat, if it wasn't all the water would run to the bottom.  duh.
I dont know if you're being sarcastic. The water is held in place by gravity (the force that pulls objects towards the center of another object [in this case, the Earth]). The larger the body, the stronger the gravity. Space in itself does not have gravity. This is why you dont see water flying off the oceans in the southern hemishpere.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

User007Gamer wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Of course the earth is flat, if it wasn't all the water would run to the bottom.  duh.
I dont know if you're being sarcastic. The water is held in place by gravity (the force that pulls objects towards the center of another object [in this case, the Earth]). The larger the body, the stronger the gravity. Space in itself does not have gravity. This is why you dont see water flying off the oceans in the southern hemishpere.

lmao, I think he was being sarcastic

Last edited by Jenspm (2008-08-06 08:22:52)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland

Spearhead wrote:

What would the motive be of fooling people into thinking the world was round, if it wasnt?
this guy wins the thread.

Just ask them why they can't see china from the US. If they say it's too far to see, ask them to explain perspective. Or simply ask them to find out that if the earth is flat, how the hell can you get to australia from south america by sailing in two opposite directions? F*ck
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6343|California
I hope these guys are kidding...

Tell them to shell out 4 grand and fly around the world with a GPS to prove they didn't just turn around.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

liquix wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

What would the motive be of fooling people into thinking the world was round, if it wasnt?
this guy wins the thread.

Just ask them why they can't see china from the US. If they say it's too far to see, ask them to explain perspective. Or simply ask them to find out that if the earth is flat, how the hell can you get to australia from south america by sailing in two opposite directions? F*ck
According to them everything is an illusion.  They gas airplane passengers so they cant tell that the world is flat.

paranoia ftl
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6519|Πάϊ
lol Aristotle you imbecile!

wait, unless... he was in on it too!!!
ƒ³
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

*sigh* I don't understand why the shape of a planet is still applied to religion.

a) If there is a god, chances are He wouldn't tell His people everything about the universe.
b) Leaders of religion, who claim to receive divine inspiration from God, naturally have to make something up when a question crops up that isn't clearly defined by doctrine. The need increases as science delves farther into the operation of the universe than ancient text to help religious organizations maintain power.
c) Ignorance and misinformation manifests.
d) Schism develops between people who side solely with religion, and those who follow science. Anyone who tries to maintain an open-minded balance between the two is lambasted from all sides. You either get called an ignorant caveman or a damned soul destined for Hell.
e) Apathy develops in the centrist mind about the entire matter.
f) Writers have fun with it, such as Piers Anthony and his 'Incarnations of Immortality' series. Angry letters are sent to such authors.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard