pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth
So I can't play battlefield 2 anymore, and that is slightly upsetting. This morning I was playing just as I normally would, and every once in awhile my ping would spike and jump to around 300 for a few seconds, but then drop back down to 30-40 and it would be fine. I thought nothing of it. Well, I stopped playing for a few hours, come back, turn it on, and no matter what server I go to my ping is insanely high. Like, in the 500-700 range, and I can't even play. Nothing on my computer has changed, I didn't add or take anything off of it, and I just can't figure out what is going on. Any thoughts on what might cause that?
Signature
DaMaster
+7|5827|USA, WV
Internet connection still good? Check plugs for what ever internet you have. If your wireless try wiring the connection.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth

DaMaster wrote:

Internet connection still good? Check plugs for what ever internet you have. If your wireless try wiring the connection.
First thing I checked, and everything looked fine. The internet is running just as fast as ever.
Signature
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|6001
call your ISP............>________>
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6201|Daqing Oilfields?
I used to have this.

Disabled automatic update on Windows, AVG, etc.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371
PUNKBUSTER
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland
I've been randomly having the same prob in the past couple of weeks...nothing else using the connection, and I ran a few scans...frustrating
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
Try turn ON/OFF your modem or what you got. Fix all cable things what got anything to do with internet so plug IN/OUT.
Check your PC if there is anything what can steal your connection so as others said possible updates and stuff.

Hope you can fix it!
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6169

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

PUNKBUSTER
This is the problem.  I usually had the ping spike, somebody told me to update the punkbuster manually.  I did so and the problem went away.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland
Yeah I tried resetting my router a couple of times when I got it Venom, it still kept spiking...will see if Punkbuster update works for me too.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I had exactly the same prob about a month ago, I used to use DD-WRT firmware for my router and everything was fine, I updated to a newer DD-WRT and then got exactly that- average ping is always a constant 10-40, and after I updated I got the 10-40 but every 20-30 secs it would spike up to 200-300 for about 20-30 more secs then settle back down. Went back to original Linksys firmware and seems to be ok but I still sometimes get it, I know you say you haven't changed anything but you could try re-install firmware see if it changes anything, update PB, and check to see if your ISP has changed in any way- mine did without notice, I only get a 2 meg connection (which is fine) but now after midnight they cut it down by half on the upload and download so before 12 I get 2 meg, 250kb upload, after 12 I get 1 meg, 125 upload, which causes ping spikes too, I think it's a fair usage thing, which isn't really fair because I pay for the 2 meg so I should get it. If none of those maybe try a virus scan to see if any viruses are nicking connection speed, or any programs that could be using connection speed like Win update etc, or try changing the PB_sleep setting to a high number so it doesn't check it as much (not sure if that changes connection or CPU usage) that's all I can think of anyway
0akleaves
+183|6615|Newcastle UK
i had this when i was with my old isp, switched to be unlimted and now its gone, i tried everything else and it didnt work so i think its just a shiity isp.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Yea I'm with unlimited download limit with Virgin Media, it's the fibre optic one- my mistake though, it doesn't always do it after 12, it cuts the speed down randomly but it's usually late at night/early hours of the morning, I still won't switch though the connection is really reliable and fast, just a pain when it does that I will have to phone them and ask
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6407|Earth
Hmm...it is now running fine.
Signature
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5967|London, England

pyscofrawg wrote:

Hmm...it is now running fine.
you're welcome
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard