♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6660|internet
orange text?
Still possible somehow or bug?

https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Dima33/bf2orngtxt.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661
yeah they actually go into the bf2s txt file and they changed some commands where the text color changes
i g
Banned
+876|5880|GA

hack tbh
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5981|London, England

i g wrote:

hack tbh
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

It's a modified localization file in that persons computer. The changes they have made to it to display the text differently also appears on your screen.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6723|67.222.138.85
The localization appears on your end because he changed the text that reads *DEAD* when you chat while dead.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6302|eng
I has this
#rekt
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6660|internet
Strange...i thought
whatever changes you made should appear only on your screen...? hmm....
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6213|Winland

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

Strange...i thought
whatever changes you made should appear only on your screen...? hmm....
The localization files work in such a way that the *DEAD* message shows according to the local localization files for the guy who's dead, unless you have the same language. You can't have avoided seeing dead messages like *TOT*. If you edit that, you can put colours and sizes there, and it'll show up for everyone who isn't using your language.

If person A has BF2 installed in German, and Persons B and C has it installed in english, Person A can put a custom dead message that will show up for Persons B and C. Person B can put a custom dead message, but it will only show up for person A, as B and C have the same language.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Adamshannon8
+94|6201

Code:

HUD_CHAT_DEADPREFIX           *§C1001Go eat Chicken...§C1001*
hax tbh...

and it shows for all players.

theres also a way to make all text be orange, but thats python and not allowed by ea....

Last edited by Adamshannon8 (2008-08-04 11:47:47)

H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5884|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I have my localization files customized, but does the "§C1001" at each end work when typing a message in-game also? And the "§3" for large text etc? Someone using an aimbot yesterday was advertising (spamming) a cheat website with this text I wasn't sure if he edited his files or just copied and pasted (if you can) into an in-game message with the "§C1001" included
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6342
I have seen people banned for this. Be careful where you play on.
Adamshannon8
+94|6201

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I have my localization files customized, but does the "§C1001" at each end work when typing a message in-game also? And the "§3" for large text etc? Someone using an aimbot yesterday was advertising (spamming) a cheat website with this text I wasn't sure if he edited his files or just copied and pasted (if you can) into an in-game message with the "§C1001" included
1) You have to add the "§3 §C1001" before any text you say.
2) BF2 has patched out the ability to use a macro to type the "§" in-game
3) Yes its possible but not in your localization files
4) If you know enough python you can hard code the way the messages are sent(aka, change the "§0" to "§3", and risk getting kicked/banned by admins and/or pb/pbbans/punksbusted.

So, yes its possible but don't try it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard