Poll

If a god exists is it most likely good or evil?

Evil22%22% - 13
Good23%23% - 14
Neutral54%54% - 32
Total: 59
13rin
+977|6449
http://news.aol.com/article/stampede-ki … 1200361671

Gavin wrote:

Stampede Kills 145 at Hindu Festival
By GAVIN RABINOWITZ, AP
posted: 3 MINUTES AGO

NEW DELHI (Aug. 3) - Thousands of panicked pilgrims stampeded Sunday at a remote mountaintop temple in northern India during celebrations to honor a Hindu goddess, sending dozens of people plummeting to their deaths and trampling scores more. Police said 145 people were killed.
Religious Event Turns Deadly.

At least 145 Hindu pilgrims were killed Sunday in a stampede at a mountaintop temple in the foothills of the Himalayas. Here, people react to news of the incident in Himachal Pradesh, India.  Rumors of a landslide apparently started the panic at the shrine in the foothills of the Himalayas, said C.P. Verma, a senior government official in the Bilaspur district.  Pilgrims already at the Naina Devi Temple began running down the narrow path leading from the peak. There, they collided with devotees winding their way up.

With a concrete wall on one side and a precipice on the other, there was nowhere to escape and they were crushed. At one point a guard rail broke and dozens of people fell to their deaths.  The bodies of the devotees — many dressed in brightly colored holiday clothes — carpeted the path, intertwined with flattened iron railings. Many still held the flowers and food they planned to offer at the temple.

Police said they used a cable car at the shrine to ferry some of the bodies down, and helicopters flew in to take the wounded to hospitals.
At the Bilaspur hospital in Himachal Pradesh state, rescue workers unloaded bodies wrapped in brown blankets from a truck and laid them in neat rows so they could be identified by relatives.

"I rushed to the spot in search of my three children who had gone to pay obeisance at the hilltop shrine," Jawahar Khurana told the Press Trust of India news agency as he searched the bodies. "I fail to understand why God was so cruel to us," he said.

All the bodies were taken to the Anandpur Sahib hospital in the neighboring state of Punjab where authorities were carrying out autopsies, senior police officer R. N. Dhoke told The Associated Press by telephone from the hospital. He said the death toll was not expected to rise further.
Many of the dead were women and children, he said, and another 37 people were injured and in hospital.

Tens of thousands of worshippers had flocked to the remote temple in the foothills of the Himalayas to celebrate Shravan Navratras, a nine-day festival that honors the Hindu goddess Shakrti, or divine mother. The temple is about 155 miles northeast of New Delhi. Deadly stampedes are a relatively common occurrence at temples in India, where large crowds — sometimes hundreds of thousands of people — congregate in small areas lacking facilities to control such big gatherings.

Sunday was the second day of the festival and authorities sought to reassure other pilgrims. "There is no need to panic, everything is normalized now," Verma said.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Is "it"? How PC of you...
13rin
+977|6449

ghettoperson wrote:

Is "it"? How PC of you...
Meh... Thanks.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
If God exists he was just the creator, and not the runner of the show.

So I can't pick any of your options- not even 'Neutral' because I genuinely believe if there is a divine creator, he has no involvement in anything that goes on in this world today.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13rin
+977|6449

Uzique wrote:

If God exists he was just the creator, and not the runner of the show.

So I can't pick any of your options- not even 'Neutral' because I genuinely believe if there is a divine creator, he has no involvement in anything that goes on in this world today.
Fair enough.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Neutral Evil

This thread is going to turn into one of those ...."Chaotic Evil, Neutral Evil, Lawful Good" threads isn't it?

If god really exists then he/she/it is far too powerful to care about what us stupid humans do with our lives and/or what we think, thus praying and all that shit people do for this god is pointless

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-03 14:00:24)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Neutral Evil

This thread is going to turn into one of those ...."Chaotic Evil, Neutral Evil, Lawful Good" threads isn't it?

If god really exists then he/she/it is far too powerful to care about what us stupid humans do with our lives and/or what we think, thus praying and all that shit people do for this god is pointless
Only if you personify ''God''.  As in, ''if I was God, and I had that much power I wouldnt give a shit''.  Considering we cannot know the mind of God, an asertion that he cares, or doesnt, is just a guess, assuming there is one.

Besides, how would we define he cares or not?  If he interviend and saved us this mean he does, and if he let the world blow up he doesnt?

Martyn
MrCookie
good times
+31|5967|In a wheelchair.
if god was good, there would bo no war, no natural disasters and no diseases.
if god was evil, the world would be like a living hell, with volcanoes erupting everywhere and earthquakes and stuff.

conclusion: if there is a god he must be completely neutral. maybe he just made the earth to watch what mankind would do with it. maybe he sits up there and watches us through a hole in the clouds, laughing at us.

but then again, who knows!!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
This is gonna get ugly real soon. All God threads do.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6313|tropical regions of london
whats with all the emo god questions
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

If there is a god, we are an experiment. Probably a hilarious one that has gone on far too long.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Completely depends on what kind of god you believe in. If you believe in the Christian/Muslim/Jewish god then without a doubt by human standards he is evil.
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification
Good and Evil are human concepts.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
If I ever go to heaven I'm going to offer him our and beat the shit outta him.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

ReTox wrote:

Your not a human?
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6712|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Vilham wrote:

ReTox wrote:

Your not a human?
No. God isn't human.  that's the whole point it (what ever we mean by the term "God" ) transcends what ever your human mind thinks it is..
imortal
+240|6635|Austin, TX

IG-Calibre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

ReTox wrote:

Your not a human?
No. God isn't human.  that's the whole point it (what ever we mean by the term "God" ) transcends what ever your human mind thinks it is..
.... and therefore, is above our concepts of 'good' and 'evil.'
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

imortal wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Your not a human?
Yep...  What is morality to a being that can do whatever it wants without fear of repercussions?  beyond good and evil indeed....
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

Turquoise wrote:

imortal wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Yep...  What is morality to a being that can do whatever it wants without fear of repercussions?  beyond good and evil indeed....
Who's going to punish a naughty god? You? Pff, don't make me

jk

I think they're just saying the same standards do not apply to a deity.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

2 parts good, 1 part evil.  Shake well.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

DesertFox- wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

imortal wrote:

Who's going to punish a naughty god? You? Pff, don't make me

jk

I think they're just saying the same standards do not apply to a deity.
I agree.  If the deity even exists, that is...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
cant be good or evil if he doesnt exist

But if he does, he's neutral...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

ReTox wrote:

Your not a human?
Sigh... missed my point again...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
God is good... the devil made the faulty railing...
Love is the answer
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado
Come on people, pull yourselves out of the middle ages. Look to reason not some squishy feeling. If there was a God he would have talked to me through prayer the 4 years I was "born again", he didn't therefore he doesn't exist & the doctrine is null & void. I regret those 4 years of wasted life but at least my naive arse learned something.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard