Ratzinger
+43|6390|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
"Eagle against the Sun" - Ronald Spector

Discusses American foreign policy thru the 30's, particularly in regard to Japan and their expansion into Manchuria. The American embargo on oil and rubber gave Japan very little choice but to seize territory for raw materials they did not have access to.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
I'd like to think that right now I don't love alcohol for the sake of it i.e: Like those guys at AA, i just love being drunk and semi-drunk and shit
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, I just never understood the extent of our cruelty in the Pacific. The extent of our hypocrisy. Read the book you will be shocked
Now do you understand why some people in the world don't like the US very much?
lol....coming from the UK that statement is funny.  you must have forgot your past.
I'm not at all surprised when people say they dislike the UK for things we have done in the past.

And, unlike some people, I don't pretend that these things a) never happened or b) don't still affect people living today.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

lowing wrote:

America had a policy toward the Philippines that was apparently no better than that of Japans policy toward China.
Yeah. We had great head-chopping parties there.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

America had a policy toward the Philippines that was apparently no better than that of Japans policy toward China.
Are you sure head chopping was official state policy?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Maybe not, but it sure sounded fun. You can still find thousands of chopped heads in museums scattered across our country, at least.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-08-02 19:21:56)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Maybe not, but it sure sounded fun. You can still find thousands of chopped heads in museums scattered across our country, at least.
If you think that was fun you should have seen what the French and Indians were doing to each other .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

If you think that was fun you should have seen what the French and Indians were doing to each other .
That was just a down and dirty orgy, but a right and regular sex party in comparison with Stalin's adventures across his side of the planet.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That was just a down and dirty orgy, but a right and regular sex party in comparison with Stalin's adventures across his side of the planet.
Orgies are the best. One of my ancestors picked up some of those wonderful things from the Native Americans. Some of our dark and often unknown fighting tactics were learned watching the Natives.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Even better..lol. That followed our revolution.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kmarion, at least you lot got it over and done with once.

Do it once, do it properly. Don't do what the French did.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Flecco wrote:

Well hopefully.. it's still rather early.. ATG is sharpening his knives as we speak.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Well hopefully.. it's still rather early.. ATG is sharpening his knives as we speak.
Honed and oiled my friend. Whenever you give the word.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
I do not think what the US is doing now is expansionism, we are trying to figure out how to leave, not to acquire.
The US is doing what it has always done, sought to dominate militarily a region with important natural resources while trying to paint itself as the good guy spreading freedom and democracy.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I'm not at all surprised when people say they dislike the UK for things we have done in the past.
oh not just the past.  you have been everywhere we have shooting at the same people.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

oh not just the past.  you have been everywhere we have shooting at the same people.
Even the Native Indians?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

SEREVENT wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Even the Native Indians?
well they were euros actually.

but, it seems you need to read more carefully.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-08-03 07:28:34)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK

usmarine wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Even the Native Indians?
Ahh, what about the Mexicans?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

SEREVENT wrote:

usmarine wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Even the Native Indians?
read stupid

"oh not just the past...."
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK

usmarine wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

usmarine wrote:

read stupid

"oh not just the past...."
I'm not stupid.

"Not just the past" means, just that, not specifically Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia and so forth.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

you know damn well I meant the current conflicts.  pull yer head out arnott.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-08-03 07:32:21)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK

usmarine wrote:

you know damn well I meant the current conflicts.  pull yer head out arnott.
It is out.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Orgies are the best. One of my ancestors picked up some of those wonderful things from the Native Americans. Some of our dark and often unknown fighting tactics were learned watching the Natives.
3D Realms spilled the beans on those when they released Prey.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

usmarine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, I just never understood the extent of our cruelty in the Pacific. The extent of our hypocrisy. Read the book you will be shocked
Now do you understand why some people in the world don't like the US very much?
lol....coming from the UK that statement is funny.  you must have forgot your past.
I think the main discernable difference is that our whole period of 'empire' is more than over, we've given it all back and to a certain extent (in certain areas) we've tried to make up for the oppression and unfairness we created there. I'm not saying we're Saints now, I'm just saying the modern world isn't still bitter at us in the same way that everyone doesn't hate Germany anymore because of Nazism in the 1940's. America however seems to be just entering its' fledgling empire stage, only this time you're doing it under the mock facade of all this stars-n-stripes liberty bullshit rhetoric. It's still expansionism and it's still colonisation, just this time you're doing it with a Bible and an image of Lady Liberty whereas we did it with redcoats and lots of wooden ships.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-08-03 08:14:12)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard