LightMagic
Banned
+21|6672|Sheerness, UK
Hi

With all the hassle and grief, then fact that the new 1.2 patch has mest up this game for so many of us playing
that new "euro booster pack" should be given for free with the 1.21 patch.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6753|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
i think it should be, but then, ea needs to make some moolah
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6749
HAHAHAHAHA

EA gives booster pack away free.

You heard the saying "when Hell freezes over".

Nice idea mate, but it will never happen.

The money making monster doesnt even know what free means.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6758|Mark it zero.
something that they could do is have map making contests. all they have to do is look at a map and maybe do a little running around on, not much time involved there. other game creators do this... so why dont they? it would be nice to have a lot more maps to play that are ranked.
Dilbert2468
+6|6749|Australia
no it shouldn't. these people have to make money. come on its like $10.....come on people.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6753|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

paranoid101 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA

EA gives booster pack away free.

You heard the saying "when Hell freezes over".

Nice idea mate, but it will never happen.

The money making monster doesnt even know what free means.
except the 'freedom' to buy their products.

HAIL FREEDOM
HAIL CAPITALISM
BUY OUR PRODUCTS
FEED YOUR CONSUMER DESIRE
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6674

LightMagic wrote:

Hi

With all the hassle and grief, then fact that the new 1.2 patch has mest up this game for so many of us playing
1. "mest"?
2. no.
littlemikey
+1|6719|Adelaide, Australia
EA Should at least release some new maps, for ranked. Think about it, how much extera would it cost them to hire someone to make a map a month or something like that? They could afford it..
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6816
No. Get a job.
silentsin
+3|6707
That would be nice but it would never happen. Keep dreaming. Even if EA killed all our families and friends, they still would over charge us for their products. But $10-$15 for Euroforce is fair I think. Don't try getting EA to change, they are a big mutant monster corporation and still hungry for more money. They can basically do what they want, they are EA! They can make a shitty game and overcharge you for it but you'd still play it.
BerryBlastKoolAid
+0|6685
Here's the scenario:
EA announces Euro Force will be free. Many jubilant gamers dl it, which then causes their copies to break. EA then announces a new $20 booster pack that will fix the problem.
EA earns twice as much
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6728|Las Vegas

LightMagic wrote:

Hi

Come to think of it.....my ASUS motherboard has been giving me some headaches lately.  By god I'm gonna demand my next one for FREE!

Thanks for the idea man....you are a freakin' GENIOUS!!!!!!
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6816
I like the mass perception of EA being a money hungry monster.  Am I the only one who does not consider an attempt at making profit some kind of evil plot? Don't like paying for games? Then go outside with some friends and play tag or something thats free...geez.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6758|Mark it zero.

oJmHo wrote:

I like the mass perception of EA being a money hungry monster.  Am I the only one who does not consider an attempt at making profit some kind of evil plot? Don't like paying for games? Then go outside with some friends and play tag or something thats free...geez.
i agree. if anyone here knows how businesses work or even have somewhat of a brain will realise that to make money, you will have to charge for products.
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6748|San Diego
10 dollars is nothing...I make more than 10 an hour...and it costs more than 10 to fill up my gas tank.
IronFerret
+48|6666|Mexico City.
I agree
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6802|Jupiter
EA:  "Is FREE an acrinym?"
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
i think some people forget that ea is a buisness, which is on this planet to make money. same goes for all the big cokmpanies in the world that people think should be giving shit away.

why the fuck would they waste their time developing it to give it away?

wake up people and realise that our lives revolve around the all mighty dollar.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Acronym.

I bet they gave away stuff for modern combat free only because demand was flagging.

Geez.
kazuma.kz
+0|6646|pijnacker
I totlay Agree with it, I think they shoud give it away for free, I mean 3 maps.. jeez... thats like nothing
Omega_Nemesis28
+9|6639|NY
I think they should give it free to. I mean, all it does it give new weapons and some 2 new (or was it 3) maps. Whoopdie do. But, of course this must be reality, they're gonna cost us the same amount of money for SF or something.
Vic42
+2|6732|Sacramento, California
I'm really happy to give EA $10 every once in a while to keep the game fresh and players involved. If there were no on-going revenue stream, there would be little reason for EA to continue to put resources into BF2.

If EA stopped adding ranked maps and fixing game play problems, players would lose interest and move on to the next game. There would be fewer people to play with, fewer servers to play on, and forums like BF2S would be less interesting.

Than I would have to spend forty bucks or more for HL3 or CS42 or something.

Last edited by Vic42 (2006-03-04 20:23:25)

GA_medic_8763
+0|6638|N.C.
it is only ten bucks, and ea can't just give away stuff like this, and besides they are working on other projects and future ones that need money to produce and maps take time and willpower to make, and they need to pay the employees also

Last edited by GA_medic_8763 (2006-03-04 20:10:29)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

In the past, EA now and then released significant content for the BF series (recall the WW2 patch for Battlefield Vietnam). Unless there are a dozen maps on this "booster," I'm just going to call it a move of greed on their part. I already bought the Special Forces expansion, and see no real reason to pour more money into the Battlefield Coffers.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
genoius= genius....genius

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard