cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6713|NJ
Ok I'm not sure if any of you use PNC Bank but consider this a warning.. Last month I deposited money into my account and used my debit card to pay bills. Monday rolls around and everything is in check, the deposited money clears and so does all the Debit card transactions. Then Tuesday rolls around and I don't have 1 or 2 but 9 Insuffunct Funds transactions for 35 dollars a piece. So I run down to PNC to find out what's going on and they tell me, well it was a check so it probably didn't clear yet, I ask to see paper work of my account in the negative and they show me paper work stating my account never went into the negative. Then Wednesday rolls around and 3 more no funds hit my account. I call the 800 and go down to my branch where everyone is condescending to me and telling me I don't know how to manage my account and asked me if I used a check book to keep track. I said no I use the on line system which they told me is not accurate, so again I ask them for proof on paper that my account in the negative, again they go on a long story about why it is but are unable to provide proof.

Now talking to some bitch on Saturday after I get my account statement from them (again which was never in the negative until the Funds charges hit) she told me that they have been more then generous in refunding me 180 dollars back.

This is really pissing me off, with all that's going on with our economy and banks these days I know have to deal with PNC blatantly stealing from me.  I've had my Lawyer contact them with a letter which has gone unanswered so far.
too_money2007
+145|6326|Keller, Tx
Yeah, I hear about this shit all the time. They see that you charged items and you have a pending check on your account. So, they let the charges run through before posting the check so they can get you to go negative, and then charge NSF fees. It's total BS and should be illegal.

I'm lucky in the fact that Wamu automatically posts your funds, up to a certain amount, in your account and you're free to use it 12 seconds later.

Banks are the Devil!
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6361|tropical regions of london
WAMU did the same shit to me. fuck WAMU.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6456|King Of The Islands

Commonwealth Bank: What money? Fuck you, have some bank fees.
Me:

Bendigo Bank: Its you're money, why would we take it, here have some interest.
Me:

Fuck big banks.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6667|Washington DC

cpt.fass1 wrote:

This is really pissing me off, with all that's going on with our economy and banks these days I know have to deal with PNC blatantly stealing from me.  I've had my Lawyer contact them with a letter which has gone unanswered so far.
https://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2478/operationfq8.jpg

First, this is nothing unique to PNC.  the "Insufficient Funds" charge is how American banks make their profit.  They give "free" checking accounts, but then you play a game like "Operation" - touch the edges and you'll get zapped with a $35 charge.

Second, I would not recommend taking the lawyer approach ... just waste of time and energy.  They disclose these charges to you in legal terms, and you will simply lose any legal challenges.

Third, in most banks, the branch managers and assistant managers have a "forgiveness budget".  Go to a one of these guys and discuss your issue, politely asking them to remove some or all of the charges.   I work with dozens of individuals in situations like yours, and many times the branch managers understand and will reduce the charges.  (In the past, I've seen them wipe off over $150 in charges before, but a SunTrust manager told me about two months ago that their bank has been severely reducing the forgiveness budgets, and he simply can't do more than erase one or two charges any longer).
lilbaily2
+12|6659|OH
easiest way to avoid this and im telling you from experience is to cash your check first...(get every penny) then deposit the money into your account. Checks take 3 to 5 business days to completely go through. Cash goes  through right away. Or get direct deposit, which makes it 10 times easier.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard