Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6589|132 and Bush

3 weeks and "OFFICER STRIPPED OF BADGE, GUN"
What the video doesn’t show is Pogan arresting Long for attempted assault in the third degree, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct - charges that kept the Bloomfield, N.J. man behind bars for 26 hours before his release late Saturday…

In court papers, Pogan accused Long of purposely swerving his bicycle to block traffic and then using it as a weapon to run down the officer, knocking him off his feet and causing a “laceration” on his forearm.
Oh plz.. watch the video and see who ran down who.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6565|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Wtf that cyclist have dide nothing wrong. Officer in a powertrip?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6616|IRELAND

looked unprovoked to me. Dam hippies on bikes. Get an SUV you long haired wasters!!!

I have been on a critical mass ride in San Fransisco and was lucky enough to witness critical tits twice. 5 thousand naked chicks on bikes. Sweet.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6704
Fuck the Po lice.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6330|Atlanta, Georgia

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Fuck the Po lice.
Comin straight from da undaground
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6442|The Twilight Zone
Was the cop high or what?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
That cop needs to be fired - goodbye pension.
And anyone else he ever arrested let out tomorrow.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6768|Great Brown North
and it's things like this that cause so many people to wrongly hate all cops
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
Which is why he should be sacked ASAP.
No 'stress of the job' bullshit.
Some of them do go in to push people around and carry a gun.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6517|Global Command
Fired isn't good enough.
He needs to be hung from the nearest light pole by his balls and let the crows deal with him.
ReTox
+100|6487|State of RETOXification
That cop should be charged with assault... and only just out the academy.  tsk tsk.

I hope the cyclist seeks a civil suit.
topal63
. . .
+533|6707
Eh cops do stuff like that - they just pop off. I don't know why some do. When I was a young man, in Chicago, on one Saturday night many many years ago. I was barhopping on Rush Street with some friends and my older brother. I was about two paces behind them - as they crossed an alleyway. A dark grey car made a turn onto that alley into the pedestrian traffic without signaling. He actually banged me slightly - I said "hey watch where you're going" two of Chicago's finest stopped and stepped out of the un-marked police car. One slugged me in the stomach and the other pushed my head down and then (my body head first) into the car. My brother and friends stood in disbelief as the car simply sped away. I was booked for disorderly conduct and spent that night in jail. My brother and friends stayed up all night trying to locate the precinct I was taken to - when they did they bailed me out. That's it - no court. The bail money waved the court appearance - I thought it was just a racket. A lot of undrunk 21 year-olds from the burbs were there as well.

Last edited by topal63 (2008-07-29 07:41:31)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA
He should rot in hell dunkin donut eating fagot. If that guy didn't get it on tape, I guarantee the cop would  have gotten some award for crippling a bicyclist.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2008-07-29 06:41:49)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6530|Texas - Bigger than France
Wow.  Nice hit.
ATG
Banned
Criminals, many of them, tbh.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6141|what

The cyclist was clearly trying to avoid the cop, not hit him. You see the cyclist swerve as the cop moves towards him.

Hope this video is used as evidence.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ATG
Banned
I showed this to my wife who posed this question;
what did the guy do a mile before the video was shot? Was he wanted for something?

Her eyes glazed over when I told her the criminal cop accused Long of purposely swerving his bicycle to block traffic and then using it as a weapon to run down the officer.

There should be mass demonstrations and protests.
This shit should not be tolerated.

It's one big reason my eyes glaze over when cops get killed in the line of duty.

No, not all cops are bad, but there are enough of them tollerating the bad ones to make them seem as one massive criminal organization.

At some point law enforcement stopped being about public safety and started being about highwaymen and thugs shaking people down for money.
liquix
+51|6442|Peoples Republic of Portland
I'm not going to go so far as call them highwaymen, but judging from that video the officer should be canned.

It's also possible that the guy was riding with a firing uzi, we just didn't see it. Maybe his helmet was actually a turban.
Phrozenbot
+632|6604|do not disturb

What a jerk
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6345|CA, USA
i'm actually sick and tired of bicyclists who don't obey road signs.  where i live, they cruise through stop signs and red lights all the time - don't even look too.  then, when you honk your horn at them to get them to notice, they give you the finger.  assholes.  plus, these are the guys who think they are in the tour de france with their 3000 dollar road bike, bike shorts, bike shirt, fancy helmet with 394873948 mirrors, and bike shoes.  i only saw ONE guy who did the right thing at an intersection where he was properly observing the bike lane, stopping at the red light, etc.  why is it that these other idiots think they are better and don't have to obey traffic signs?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6724|Salt Lake City

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

i'm actually sick and tired of bicyclists who don't obey road signs.  where i live, they cruise through stop signs and red lights all the time - don't even look too.  then, when you honk your horn at them to get them to notice, they give you the finger.  assholes.  plus, these are the guys who think they are in the tour de france with their 3000 dollar road bike, bike shorts, bike shirt, fancy helmet with 394873948 mirrors, and bike shoes.  i only saw ONE guy who did the right thing at an intersection where he was properly observing the bike lane, stopping at the red light, etc.  why is it that these other idiots think they are better and don't have to obey traffic signs?
A cyclist can be ticketed for not obeying traffic laws, but when a cop pulls over a motorist he doesn't drag them out of the car and shoulder block their ass to the ground.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6589|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

what did the guy do a mile before the video was shot? Was he wanted for something?
That was a first thought of mine also. It's the only reason I could think.. "Apprehend by any means necessary". It's a bit of a stretch. Especially considering nothing like that turned up in the court papers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6704

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

I think the cop in the video was out of line and should be punished...
  but i agree with what you say about the self righteous bicycle riders that ride in packs in  my town and generally don't pay attention to any of the laws... just themselves... and if any of them ever flipped me off... I would stop and have a chat with them
  ...  my friend who is a huge biker dude was driving a diesel truck
  and some of these bike riders were riding down the middle of the street... when he was able to go by safely at a light... he slowed down and put his foot on the brake and the gas and made a huge diesel smoke cloud...lol... kinda dickish but kinda funny...lol
Love is the answer
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6278|Éire

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

That was a first thought of mine also. It's the only reason I could think.. "Apprehend by any means necessary". It's a bit of a stretch. Especially considering nothing like that turned up in the court papers.
If it is in fact the case that the guy was wanted for some action carried out before the events we get to see on the video then fair enough the cop was doing what had to be done.

BUT...

If it is just a case of the cop acting the bollocks then he should be not only fired but also charged with assault and the cyclist should sue the two eyeballs off him, fucking prick. If there's one thing I fucking hate it's crooked cops.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6589|132 and Bush

I agree. I also tend to lean towards the bullocks explanation. Especially given the attempted cover up.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard