d4rkph03n1x
+131|6751

Right now it seems i'm in the biggest slump EVER of my life. I think its been like a month or two and i've not been able to play at my peak in any game at all. How do I get past this.. i'm starting to rage so easily. I know i'm better than what i'm playing.
bassplayer
+14|5769|SA
Maybe just give the game a rest for a while, you know? play something else then come back
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

bassplayer wrote:

Maybe just give the game a rest for a while, you know? play something else then come back
Yep. I agree. When I was playing a lot I didn't think anymore, everything was just automatic and I started to make mistakes. Wasn't looking for cover and was just running towards the enemy like Mr. Rambo.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6751

bassplayer wrote:

Thats my problem, ive been jumping through games and rage quitting cos im fucking terrible at all of them at the moment. Maybe I need sex or something.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6161|Dublin
Take a break from your PC buddy, go surfing with mates or something, some activity that you wont see a pc/tv screen for 1/2 weeks, come back and you will be pwnen again, Beer+Sex helps also.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6134|Scotland!
I play while screaming at my monitor and throwing cups at my wall until I start to play good again, my neighbours are scared of me.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I play while screaming at my monitor and throwing cups at my wall until I start to play good again, my neighbours are scared of me.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mavik
+22|5778|Germany

100% Irishpride wrote:

Beer+Sex helps also.
So you openly support drunken daisy chains on LAN parties?
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
When i slump that low, so do my standards. Out comes the E, RPK and J10 on the carrier.

Week or so of this, and im back on track.

Or if that doesnt work, just get a good mini-team going, sort through xfire, find the best players, and stack a randie server, if that fails.....Un-install
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

Shef approves of kidnapping randies.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

bassplayer wrote:

Yup. Funny that your name is bassplayer, I'm also a bass player and found that this same technique helps me through slumps with the bass.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng
I get them every month or so, only for a few days but it fucking annoys me. I always get them when i've got a big game, . I also find that playing another game makes it worse, so does having a break. The best thing to do is play against highly skilled players, or play with them.
Basically, just play through it.
#rekt
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6143
Are you playing using a shitty desk and/or chair? 

I honestly used to have the worst desk known to man, and if I wasn't sitting just right then I couldn't hit shit (just felt like I was sitting 'wrong' and my arm wasn't comfortable on the desk).  Nowadays I have a huge desk and a comfy chair and that never happens to me any more. 

Desk + Chair = most underrated combo in gaming.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

I'm Jamesey wrote:

lawl

Maybe try taking a break for a week or two. I was recently on vacation for two weeks, when I got back and scrimmed with friends, my formerly cal-m friend who hadn't been playing so well dropped 30. I also managed to un-drop 20 with a teamkill, but considering I had only dropped 20 one time before, was playing pretty well.
howler_27
+90|6689
There's only one true slump-buster out there man.  Sad but true.  Ask any major sporting professional out there. 

https://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5435/slumpbusterwo9.png
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6134|Scotland!

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Are you playing using a shitty desk and/or chair? 

I honestly used to have the worst desk known to man, and if I wasn't sitting just right then I couldn't hit shit (just felt like I was sitting 'wrong' and my arm wasn't comfortable on the desk).  Nowadays I have a huge desk and a comfy chair and that never happens to me any more. 

Desk + Chair = most underrated combo in gaming.
I played for 3 weeks with 2 computers set up on an ironing board, balancing on 4 sofa cushions piled up and sitting cross legged.
still owned em

Last edited by I'm Jamesey (2008-07-28 14:21:24)

JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
When this happens to me, I fuck around with other kits, try and piss people off.....Basically anything that isn't what I was trying to do before hand. The thing that does it most is to play with my clan mates....They are all better than me, so if I don't play well, I end up looking shitter than I am actually playing, and this forces me to play well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard