Lynx14
+41|5972
This is what is in my city's tap water.

16    Total Contaminants Detected (1998 - 2003)

Chromium (total), Copper, Manganese, Nitrate, Sulfate, Asbestos, Chloroform, Bromoform, Bromodichloromethane, Dibromochloromethane, Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs), Dichloromethane (methylene chloride), Tetrachloroethylene, Toluene, Alpha particle activity, Gross beta particle activity (pCi/L)
2    Agricultural Pollutants
(pesticides, fertilizer, factory farms)

Nitrate, Sulfate
3    Sprawl and Urban Pollutants
(road runoff, lawn pesticides, human waste)

Copper, Nitrate, Tetrachloroethylene
9    Industrial Pollutants

Chromium (total), Manganese, Nitrate, Sulfate, Dichloromethane (methylene chloride), Tetrachloroethylene, Toluene, Alpha particle activity, Gross beta particle activity (pCi/L)
6    Water Treatment and Distribution Byproducts
(pipes and fixtures, treatment chemicals and byproducts)

Asbestos, Chloroform, Bromoform, Bromodichloromethane, Dibromochloromethane, Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs)
7    Naturally Occurring
(naturally present but increased for lands denuded by sprawl, agriculture, or industrial development)

Chromium (total), Copper, Manganese, Nitrate, Sulfate, Alpha particle activity, Gross beta particle activity (pCi/L)

FFS.

Here if you want to find out what is in your tap water.

http://www.ewg.org/tapwater/index.php
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

Lynx14 wrote:

This is what is in my city's tap water.

16    Total Contaminants Detected (1998 - 2003)

Chromium (total), Copper, Manganese, Nitrate, Sulfate, Asbestos, Chloroform, Bromoform, Bromodichloromethane, Dibromochloromethane, Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs), Dichloromethane (methylene chloride), Tetrachloroethylene, Toluene, Alpha particle activity, Gross beta particle activity (pCi/L)
2    Agricultural Pollutants
(pesticides, fertilizer, factory farms)

Nitrate, Sulfate
3    Sprawl and Urban Pollutants
(road runoff, lawn pesticides, human waste)

Copper, Nitrate, Tetrachloroethylene
9    Industrial Pollutants

Chromium (total), Manganese, Nitrate, Sulfate, Dichloromethane (methylene chloride), Tetrachloroethylene, Toluene, Alpha particle activity, Gross beta particle activity (pCi/L)
6    Water Treatment and Distribution Byproducts
(pipes and fixtures, treatment chemicals and byproducts)

Asbestos, Chloroform, Bromoform, Bromodichloromethane, Dibromochloromethane, Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs)
7    Naturally Occurring
(naturally present but increased for lands denuded by sprawl, agriculture, or industrial development)

Chromium (total), Copper, Manganese, Nitrate, Sulfate, Alpha particle activity, Gross beta particle activity (pCi/L)

FFS.

Here if you want to find out what is in your tap water.

http://www.ewg.org/tapwater/index.php
If your body can deal with it, it's healthier than coke.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
https://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Robinsons_Drink_1_Ltr.jpg > Water > Coke < Pepsi MAX
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
All we have is arsenic. But it is from 2003, and I think it has been improved.
Lynx14
+41|5972

nukchebi0 wrote:

You still haven't convinced me to drink tap water =P.

Milk ftw

Last edited by Lynx14 (2008-07-24 13:04:15)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

Raphi = TWAT
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

kptk92 wrote:

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/ … _1_Ltr.jpg > Water > Coke < Pepsi MAX
shat it kerry pepsi max is shit
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

SamTheMan:D wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/ … _1_Ltr.jpg > Water > Coke < Pepsi MAX
shat it kerry pepsi max is shit
No it isn't it is nice
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

Who's kez?
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6448|Amsterdam‫
in The Netherlands we have one of the best tap water in the world,  it  tastes better than Spa crap
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC

Lynx14 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Milk ftw
Just buy one of those Brita filters.

I drink Coke Zero over regular soda since I'd rather not have a bunch of calories, but that's only when I drink soda. I try to stick to water.

Honestly though, it's either get diabetes from Coke or get cancer from Coke Zero. We all end up rotting in a ditch anyway.
Lynx14
+41|5972

HurricaИe wrote:

Lynx14 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Milk ftw
Just buy one of those Brita filters.

I drink Coke Zero over regular soda since I'd rather not have a bunch of calories, but that's only when I drink soda. I try to stick to water.

Honestly though, it's either get diabetes from Coke or get cancer from Coke Zero. We all end up rotting in a ditch anyway.
Well I get that filtered water or whatever. I have a big 5 gallon thing and just fill it up for like a dollar fifty.

Haha noobs enjoy.

Biological effects on bone calcium and kidney health

Phosphoric acid, used in many soft drinks (primarily cola), has been linked to lower bone density in epidemiological studies. For example, a study[2] using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry rather than a questionnaire about breakage, provides reasonable evidence to support the theory that drinking cola results in lower bone density. This study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. A total of 1672 women and 1148 men were studied between 1996 and 2001. Dietary information was collected using a food frequency questionnaire that had specific questions about the number of servings of cola and other carbonated beverages and that also made a differentiation between regular, caffeine-free, and diet drinks. The paper cites significant statistical evidence to show that women who consume cola daily have lower bone density. Total phosphorus intake was not significantly higher in daily cola consumers than in nonconsumers; however, the calcium-to-phosphorus ratios were lower. The study also suggests that further research is needed to confirm the findings.

On the other hand, a study funded by Pepsi suggests that low intake of phosphorus leads to lower bone density. The study does not examine the effect of phosphoric acid, which binds with magnesium and calcium in the digestive tract to form salts that are not absorbed, but, rather, it studies general phosphorus intake.[3]

Last edited by Lynx14 (2008-07-24 13:13:13)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

New York City steals its water from the Catskills

yaaaaaaaaaaaay
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC
I think I should drop soda
Lynx14
+41|5972

HurricaИe wrote:

I knew that diet cola had alot of chemicals in it but now i'm reading that regular does too .
Dwit
+34|6511

menzo2003 wrote:

in The Netherlands we have one of the best tap water in the world,  it  tastes better than Spa crap
Does it? Never noticed..
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Lynx14 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

I knew that diet cola had alot of chemicals in it but now i'm reading that regular does too .
You ever heard what Coke Classic can be used for?

Critics of Coke (and some other soft drinks) say that if the beverages will do corrosive things, why drink them?

Defenders, including the folks at Coca-Cola, say there are many foods that have substances like acids in them such as fruit juices and buttermilk, and that the body seems to handle them just fine.  The operative substance is phosphoric acid, which, in pure form, can eat through metal.  Edible acids, however, should not be compared with them, according to the defenders. 

Here is the list.  If you have any of the answers, let us know:

1.  The highway patrol carrying Coke to clean up blood at car accidents.  Unproven! (Help us out) If this is true, we haven't found it.
2.  A t-bone steak will be eaten away by Coke in two days.  Unproven! (Help us out)
3.  Clean a toilet with Coke.  Truth!  According to www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.
4.  Remove stains from vitreous china.  Truth!  According to columnist Heloise.
5.  Use Coke and a ball of aluminum foil for rust on chrome.  Truth!  According to Joey Greene's www.wackyuses.com
6.  Clean corrosion from car battery terminals.  Truth!  This is true of a lot of carbonated beverages.
7.  Use a Coke-soaked cloth to loosen a rusted bolt.  Truth!  According to Mary Ellen.
8.  Use a can of Coke in a load of greasy laundry.  Truth!  According to Mary Ellen.
9.  Dissolve a nail in 4 days in Coke.  Unproven! (Help us out)
10. Hazardous materials signs are required on trucks carrying Coke concentrate.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

Any type of soda is full of sodium, which makes you even thirstier than you were. Cola is also full of caffeine, which is a diuretic (it makes you pee more). Both of these things will dehydrate you. If your chest feels weird, it's probably from too much caffeine and too little water. Eat some protein to help with the weird feeling in your chest and drink water to rehydrate.

Everything in moderation, man.

By the way, Coke Zero won't give you acne, but regular Coke will. Acne is caused by hormones and made worse when you eat sugar. Coke Zero has no sugar.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

ebug9 wrote:

Lynx14 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

You ever heard what Coke Classic can be used for?

Critics of Coke (and some other soft drinks) say that if the beverages will do corrosive things, why drink them?

Defenders, including the folks at Coca-Cola, say there are many foods that have substances like acids in them such as fruit juices and buttermilk, and that the body seems to handle them just fine.  The operative substance is phosphoric acid, which, in pure form, can eat through metal.  Edible acids, however, should not be compared with them, according to the defenders. 

Here is the list.  If you have any of the answers, let us know:

1.  The highway patrol carrying Coke to clean up blood at car accidents.  Unproven! (Help us out) If this is true, we haven't found it.
2.  A t-bone steak will be eaten away by Coke in two days.  Unproven! (Help us out)
3.  Clean a toilet with Coke.  Truth!  According to www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.
4.  Remove stains from vitreous china.  Truth!  According to columnist Heloise.
5.  Use Coke and a ball of aluminum foil for rust on chrome.  Truth!  According to Joey Greene's www.wackyuses.com
6.  Clean corrosion from car battery terminals.  Truth!  This is true of a lot of carbonated beverages.
7.  Use a Coke-soaked cloth to loosen a rusted bolt.  Truth!  According to Mary Ellen.
8.  Use a can of Coke in a load of greasy laundry.  Truth!  According to Mary Ellen.
9.  Dissolve a nail in 4 days in Coke.  Unproven! (Help us out)
10. Hazardous materials signs are required on trucks carrying Coke concentrate.
Don't forget this one:
11. Coke is also useful for removing teeth.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng
Diet Coke > All.

Anyway, farewell guys.
#rekt
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

Mint Sauce wrote:

Diet Coke > All.

Anyway, farewell guys.
bye
Lynx14
+41|5972

Mint Sauce wrote:

Diet Coke > All.

Anyway, farewell guys.
Enjoy your cancer noob.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine

Ryan wrote:

Pop doesn't quench thirst you moron.
Sure does.

Nothing better than an ice cold can of soda on a hot day.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland

CrazeD wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Pop doesn't quench thirst you moron.
Sure does.

Nothing better than an ice cold can of soda on a hot day.
You piss most of it all out and your body is depleted of minerals that you need. Water = good in the long run. (ie a day) - I agree ... drink water.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6577|London

Ecilop Murof wrote:

I drank 3 liters of coke today.

My heart area is somehow a bit weird, it doesn't hurts but it feels weird?

If I'd drink another 1,5 liters, because I'm really really really really thirsty...

Am I going to die?
Sounds like acid reflux (heart burn) from all the acid in the coke. Take it easy on the soft drinks or else you're gonna get diabetic and fat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard