Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6349|West NY
Oh and I'm not really unhappy or anything, it's just dull that I sit around my pc all day and it makes time go by so quickly, and I'm unhappy with staying up late, sleeping in til my parents are to work and playing til they get home.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6538|Texas - Bigger than France

Noobpatty wrote:

Oh and I'm not really unhappy or anything, it's just dull that I sit around my pc all day and it makes time go by so quickly, and I'm unhappy with staying up late, sleeping in til my parents are to work and playing til they get home.
Just do something different.

It's really that easy.

Go online, find something new to do.  Leave house & do it.

I'm trying to learn how to surf.  I will never be remotely average at it....ever.   But that's not why I'm doing it.

Last edited by Pug (2008-07-21 13:46:25)

A12345
+77|6466

m3thod wrote:

A12345 wrote:

i wouldnt put my happiness in the hands of others or depend on relationships to feel good, i feel you should be able to be alone and still be happy. but whatever works for ya.
Enjoy your life of masturbation.

i way walked into that one

Last edited by A12345 (2008-07-21 13:54:52)

Home
Section.80
+447|6843|Seattle, Washington, USA

m3thod wrote:

Home wrote:

Start lifting weights and working out. Gives you something to do, and it will benefit your health and make you feel better about yourself and like you're accomplishing something.
Too young at 15.  Body is still developing and growing.
What? I started lifting at 15, a lot of the guys I know did too. Hell, we have a weight lifting program at school that you can do as a freshman when you're 15.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
Well it seems you may be right.  15 to me is way to early given i started at 18.  You can start at 15 but its frought with many risks.

The good bit

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says teens should not try lifting the greatest possible amount of weight until they are fully mature. The average age for developmental maturity is 15 in both sexes.

And the bad bit

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, 35 percent of the estimated 60,000 injuries each year linked to weightlifting equipment involved people ages 15 to 24. Children ages 5 to 14 were involved in 12 percent of accidents with weightlifting equipment.

Experts say yes to the potential dangers of weight lifting. Properly supervised training using light weights in a controlled manner does not pose a danger to youngsters. But lifting weights that are too heavy in a jerky motion such as well-trained power lifters does pose "a significant risk of injury" for teens, the AAP says.

"Almost all weight-training injuries in kids are associated with the major lifts in physically immature kids, and most of the injuries are back injuries," says Dr. Bernard Griesemer, a member of the AAP's national committee on Sports Medicine and Fitness.

An injury isn't the only risk your child faces in bodybuilding. Lifting weights puts pressure against bones, which helps adults build bone density but can inhibit bone growth in a maturing teenager, says John Acquaviva, Ph.D., associate professor of health and physical education at Roanoke College in Salem, Va.

Source: http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/At … 212000.jsp

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-21 14:20:52)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6668|Colorado

m3thod wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Happiness comes from inside, don't look for it outside of yourself or you will never find it. Do what makes you happy. Work hard now so you don't have to later in life. Buy a house as soon as you can.

Thoughts that might be useful to you.
Sorry that's rubbish.  Happiness is derived with connecting and creating relationships with people - especially with a hot sexy woman who is eager to pleasure your pole 24/7.

And the other advice....jeez he's only 15.  Is America that shit at the moment?!

edited

to inculde the hot sexy bit as some of the numbnuts just don't get it.
If connecting with people & creating relationships is your idea of happiness then good for you, & I would say my advice is much more sound that going & finding some slut to pleasure his pole. Sure it sounds good but those girls find you.

America is the greatest place on earth atm, I wish someone would have given me this advice at 15.

You seem to be the one that doesn't get it.
m3thod
+2,197|6667|UK

TrollmeaT wrote:

m3thod wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Happiness comes from inside, don't look for it outside of yourself or you will never find it. Do what makes you happy. Work hard now so you don't have to later in life. Buy a house as soon as you can.

Thoughts that might be useful to you.
Sorry that's rubbish.  Happiness is derived with connecting and creating relationships with people - especially with a hot sexy woman who is eager to pleasure your pole 24/7.

And the other advice....jeez he's only 15.  Is America that shit at the moment?!

edited

to inculde the hot sexy bit as some of the numbnuts just don't get it.
If connecting with people & creating relationships is your idea of happiness then good for you, & I would say my advice is much more sound that going & finding some slut to pleasure his pole. Sure it sounds good but those girls find you.

America is the greatest place on earth atm, I wish someone would have given me this advice at 15.

You seem to be the one that doesn't get it.
Who said anything about a slut? And notice i used the word 'especially' it doesn't infer exclusivity.

and lol @ American utopia.  It's all doom and gloom from what i read or are you sheltered from such news....

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-21 14:27:13)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6805|Marathon, Florida Keys
Kick the habit now before it becomes worse, which it will no doubt. Read this http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p2190638
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6710|US
Make the most of school.  It opens doors.  At 15, I thought I was going to go to my state university to study electrical engineering.  I changed my mind, and am now a history major trying to get a slot to be an Air Force pilot.  Your plans will probably change a lot in the next few years.  Don't worry about that.  Try to set yourself up to have the most options available.  My grades and extracurriculars from when I was planning to be an engineer allowed me to get into the programs that I wanted to, later on.  Make the most of what you have.  That will allow you to pick what you want later!

Also, do something active.  Whether that is hiking, playing basketbal, judo, lifting, biking, running...whatever, it will make you feel better, give you some goals, and improve your health and self-image.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6390|The Gem Saloon

Pug wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

It's really that easy.

Go online, find something new to do.  Leave house & do it.

I'm trying to learn how to surf.  I will never be remotely average at it....ever.   But that's not why I'm doing it.
this is great advice.
i started playing the banjo about a month ago...before that i had never even sang one note in my life.
i have progressed so much in a month, that im getting a violin as well.

never knew i had an aptitude for music until i tried lol.
its also helped to keep my mind off of other, not so fun things...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK

Roc18 wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

If I were you, I would try not using the computer for a week.  Force yourself to do something constructive -- build a model, go for a bike ride, read some books, etc...  Just do something that will stimulate your mind and body.  If you can do that for a week and not default to wasting time in front of the computer/TV/console, you'll probably feel better.

As for not knowing your career path, don't worry about that.  Most people in college don't have a career path selected.  Just expand your horizons and try something new!
read a book lol. Sounds like you have alot of free time, if you have freinds call them up and do something like chill at the mall or their house or play sports with them. If you want to do things alone then yes try to occupy yourself for a whole day reading books or building plane models or community service or working for charity or planting trees if you want to get away from the tv/computer, all which aren't practical for 15 year old today tbh.
Whats so lol about "reading a book"? You think ignorance is a good thing?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York

Parker wrote:

i have progressed so much in a month, that im getting a violin as well.
You + me = Fiddler on the roof without the fiddle plus a violin.

Music's a great solace.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
Music is a great hobby.  You'll gain discipline, dexterity, creativity, and much more.  Oh and most ladies like a man who can play them a tune.
m3thod
+2,197|6667|UK
ma balls slapping against her arse.  Now thats a tune!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Not knowing what to do at 15 is not a big deal, just do a combination of what you enjoy and what you're good at and something will work out.
And put the PC and 360 away for a week, at least.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6349|West NY

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Kick the habit now before it becomes worse, which it will no doubt. Read this http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p2190638
This was kind of my inspiration ^^^

Stingray24 wrote:

Music is a great hobby.  You'll gain discipline, dexterity, creativity, and much more.  Oh and most ladies like a man who can play them a tune.
Playing the guitar an hour a day

Last edited by Noobpatty (2008-07-22 04:54:48)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6349|West NY

Pug wrote:

It's really that easy.
I have a friend I'm going to try to convince his mom to let him come over and he can show me how to skate
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6349|West NY

Vilham wrote:

Sounds like a valid option to me

https://www.alarmpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/colbert.jpg
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6688|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Noobpatty wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Sounds like a valid option to me

http://www.alarmpress.com/wp-content/up … olbert.jpg
Awesome book.

Go out and do things with your friend, meet chicks, all the fun stuff you're supposed to do during the summer. I can't go back and change that now, even though it was only a year ago for me.

Damn Navy.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6349|West NY
I don't think I'll be able to go to warped tour though...
ReTox
+100|6495|State of RETOXification
Everyone has given some great suggestions and I'd just like to add that you might want to try some volunteer work.  Focus your energy on what others need and you just might find yourself.

And don't stress about it, most people at 15 only have a vague idea of what they want to do because the truth is, until you are out of school and working you have no idea what the real world is like.  I know I didn't.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6688|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Noobpatty wrote:

And why is that?

(I listen to metal, so the Warped Tour is meh to me. Even though I have past three years' CDs on my comp. Damn friends.)
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6349|West NY

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

And why is that?

(I listen to metal, so the Warped Tour is meh to me. Even though I have past three years' CDs on my comp. Damn friends.)
I like metal too but I like all kinds of music.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6353|CA, USA

ReTox wrote:

Everyone has given some great suggestions and I'd just like to add that you might want to try some volunteer work.  Focus your energy on what others need and you just might find yourself.
here is some great advice!  +1 to ReTox.

volunteer at an old folks home or at the local hospital or even with your local faith based organization, summer camp, etc.  these kinds of activities can be extremely satisfying since you are helping others.  eg:  read a book to an elderly person who has no family.  imagine how good that will make that person feel in that you would care enough to do this for them.  how about helping to clean up local stream, park, or bikepaths?  the local police and firestations might also have some ideas on how you can contribute - depends on age though i guess as there are liabilities involved.  still, you can check it out.

best of luck to you.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6772
Getting a job is probably one of the best things you can do. Next to that joining a gym (weight lifting), a club (school), or sport. Just try and have some kind of scheduled GROUP activity a few times a week if anything.

Good luck bro, I've been there....chin up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard