blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6798
Mr. CLEAN cleans everything
https://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/mr-clean-magic-erasers.jpg

Last edited by blademaster (2007-06-22 15:12:41)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6798

Marlboroman82 wrote:

http://www.tinypineapple.com/kate/archi … Eraser.jpg

seriously it cleans everything, best thing to use to clean a monitor.
hahaha I posted the same thing without looking I know it works 2 I posted the same thing up, just saw ur post Malboroman
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6870|Riva, MD
Dip it in your toilet, lol.
i g
Banned
+876|6017|GA

any new ideas?

magic eraser the way to go?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6996|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I have a Samsung 226BW, the microfibre cloth that came with the monitor and a little bit of water makes it sparkling clean.

Then go over it with the cloth again once the cloth is try to take the remaining dust off.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6723|Portland, OR, USA
I bought this 5 dollar spray and cloth from Target and it cleans much better then the microfiber and water that I had been using which always left behind a filmy residue.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6808

Manual on my monitor says just get a fiber-less cloth damp with a tiny bit of water. Has worked fine thus far.
GR34
+215|6698|ALBERTA> CANADA
I use my man fluid and a sock
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6808

GR34 wrote:

I use my man fluid and a sock
Damn your monitor must be extremely shiny. You clean it like what, 5 times a day?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|6084|Somewhere out in Space
Handtowel+water+lotionless tissue for drying=all you need.  Yes it leaves a residue, whoop dee fucking doo, it is invisible when your screen is on.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-07-21 21:30:44)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6283|North Tonawanda, NY
I use a little isopropyl alcohol and cotton balls.  It has cleaned every monitor I have owned with absolutely no discoloration, scratching, or other complications.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6465

SenorToenails wrote:

I use a little isopropyl alcohol and cotton balls.  It has cleaned every monitor I have owned with absolutely no discoloration, scratching, or other complications.
What % do you recommend?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6283|North Tonawanda, NY

ebug9 wrote:

What % do you recommend?
I used to keep 70% around, but currently I have a bottle of 95%.  I use it for cleaning things around the house, so I get whatever is most convenient and use that for everything.

In other words, I don't think the concentration matters that much.
$h0ck3r
"There is a problem with your connection"
+23|6994
ok this is what i do:
- Close my curtains so my room is pitch black

Now i cant see the horrible smudges, marks and dust on the screens (Y)
lol, but i used to use a cloth with water... but got fed up when i was gaming and sneezed or coughed as then would have to go clean it again. so if i see any specks on the screens just smudge them with my finger
haha
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6285|Scotland!
$h0ck3r
"There is a problem with your connection"
+23|6994
lol.. ugly dog =/
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|6058|CA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Water and a soft cloth.  Avoid using cleaners with alcohol and/or amonia.  These chemicals can disolve anit-glare coatings, if your monitor has one, and can cause discoloration of the top plastic layer.

Note:  I used to work for NEC/Mitsubishi, and this information came directly from the engineers.
Thanks for the tip, I'll stay away from use w/ Windex and other cleaners on this 24" Dell, wouldn't want to screw it up.

+1 Karma for that.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-07-22 21:13:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard