https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5972|England

20/20
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6130|Carnoustie, Scotland
When sitting with the girlfriend I can't focus if she's too close.. So longsighted?

EDIT: But I have to read out what's on TV because she can't see distances and she can focus at closeness I can't.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-05-26 10:02:18)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

liquidat0r wrote:

Would it not have made sense to put one of the most common eye defects in the poll, astigmatism?

(Which is what I have)
If you look closely there is an option called "Other" ... it's #5  from the top
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Broodbeleg
+34|5850|The Netherlands
I'm colourblind and long sighted. I need to wear glasses, because i got an allergic reaction when i put contact lenses in.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.

Varegg wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Would it not have made sense to put one of the most common eye defects in the poll, astigmatism?

(Which is what I have)
If you look closely there is an option called "Other" ... it's #5  from the top
CRIPPLE FI!!...

Oh, I mean

MOD FIGHT!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

Broodbeleg wrote:

I'm colourblind and long sighted. I need to wear glasses, because i got an allergic reaction when i put contact lenses in.
Allergic reaction? Like what?
warhero1
Eon8 failure:O
+12|6445
My eyesight sucks tbh.  Left eye is not too bad, right eye is complete shit, it can't be corrected, so my glasses are basically just for my left eye...
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5959|Washington DC
Short sighted. I might as well be blind without my glasses. Shit, with these glasses it's hard to see shit that's far away... the prescription is 2 years old.

I'm gonna get laser eye surgery when I'm older. Hopefully they let me take my own cocktail of relaxants... I REALLY don't like things near my eyes except for glasses.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6559|Southampton, UK

20/20
Broodbeleg
+34|5850|The Netherlands

kylef wrote:

Broodbeleg wrote:

Red, swollen eyes with loads of "protein" (babbelfish says it's protein but dont know if it's the right English word). :$

Like this
https://www.dhmc.org/shared/adam/graphics/images/en/19322.jpg
But then with loads of "protein". So i cant see a thing and my contactlenses are, due the thick eye, dragged to other parts of my eye by my eyelid.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
Long sighted, also known as far sighted.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6567|Portland, OR, USA

Broodbeleg wrote:

kylef wrote:

Broodbeleg wrote:

Red, swollen eyes with loads of "protein" (babbelfish says it's protein but dont know if it's the right English word). :$

Like this
http://www.dhmc.org/shared/adam/graphic … /19322.jpg
But then with loads of "protein". So i cant see a thing and my contactlenses are, due the thick eye, dragged to other parts of my eye by my eyelid.
People are very, very rarely actually allergic to the contact lens material, the build up of protein could result because your doctor fit you with the wrong style of contact/solution.

If it was a contact issue go back in and have them try a different brand (Oasys or Advance from Acuvue, Purevision through B&L, Ciba Night and Day through Ciba.. there's a million different CL manufacturers).  Also try a different solution, you could be allergic to the solution your using (I was) if it's available where you are try either Clear Care (which should remove protein build up) or Oxycept (they use dilute hydrogen peroxide and a neutralizing agent to clean contacts with oxygen bubbles and you'll end up with pure water in the morning).

I'm near sighted (or short sided for you people).

-2.50 in the right eye -2.00 in the left, with a slight astigmatism in the right eye but it's slight enough that I only have it in my glasses and I don't wear toric contact lenses to correct it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Your eyes naturally build up protein. This makes the contact lens become coated in protein and can wear them down, make them foggy, and lead to an eye infection.

The contact lens cleaner does nothing more than remove the protein by breaking it down in a solution which also contains anti-bacterial agents.

I'd try a different brand, or you may not be comfortable with them in and your eyes just get irritable easily.

It sounds like the same thing that happens to me around cats.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Broodbeleg
+34|5850|The Netherlands
Lol, didnt post a reaction here, so kick!

I tried different kinds of soft contactlenses but they all failed even with other lensestuff. When i had like all of the soft lenses the opticien could think of i tried hardlenses. But really, they hurt as hell and dry out very very quickly. No i have some lenses for just 1 day. When i put them out of my eye at the end of the day, my whole eye is red and full of protein.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
I'm a little short sighted. Not that bad. I can still do everything without glasses and it's not like I'm blind without them, but all this time on the PC is taking its toll now. I need glasses now. Definitly. My left eye is much worse than my right eye. When they're both open my vision is pretty decent, but my left eye is pretty bad on its own.

Stubbee wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Long sighted

Could i still be a pilot?
Chuck Yeager was 20/10. He could read at 20 ft what people could read at 10 ft. So yes you can be a pilot. You could even be a commercial pilot.
Hmm. I have seen Pilots with glasses. Not so sure about Military pilots though. Meh, probably not. I'll probably need laser surgery (and let it be approved by them) if I ever want to be a Pilot
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Meh, probably not. I'll probably need laser surgery (and let it be approved by them) if I ever want to be a Pilot
You'd get kicked out of the raff for praying to allah or someshit.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6599
doc said my eyesight is very close to 20/20.
Today i noticed that my eyesight has improved, i can read signs from a distance and i couldn't do that before.
No idea how thats happening.
[CSE]Anubis
+24|5990
I'm short sighted but with my contacts I have close enough to 6/6 vision.
TravisC555
+118|6217|Cox Convention Center, OK
I dunno really, but I don't have 20/20 vision. I have contacts too ^^, and they make my vision crystal clear. I just don't like to wear glasses everywhere.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
I could probably be declared legally blind without contacts on. With them, I see perfectly clearly....without them, I can't even see 2 feet in front of me. Good thing I'm getting LASIK when I'm 18.

I'm also far sighted.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-07-20 05:16:20)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6521|the Netherlands
18/20 ~O-O~ glasses!!  ( mostly for TV + on the Road )

after a few *puffs* from a spliff and a few rounds of BF2 sniping Eyesight is Blurr

Last edited by Tjasso (2008-07-20 05:31:28)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
short sighted

-1.5 in right eye

-2.0 in left eye

The pupil in my left eye doesn't react to light either.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|5993
perfect
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
My left eyes is 20/20 but right eye is like 20/40 so everything is really blurry in it.  It seems that my right eye stopped maturing around 3-4 years of age or so and is microscopically smaller than my left.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard