Poll

Would you be against a single world government?

Yes78%78% - 85
No21%21% - 23
Total: 108
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485
With the current state of the world it is impossible but the world is becoming more and more homogenized, a single nation of Earth would may be quite viable in the future.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

dark110 wrote:

Even if we did manage to form some utopia like startreck (no Money ect) there wold have to be a dramatic shift from our currnt way of living to this new way. You cant be half assed.
This is true, I would never manually open another door again and I would starting using the transporter as soon as I could, giving up walking forever.

Oh, and of course I would still like to maintain my old second amendment right to bear phasers, if no one objects of course.........Hey, thanks a lot
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6468|Chuck Town, SC
there's no way it would be possible.  we would still disagree about things and there won't be any improvements with peace or anything.  would probably just cause more problems because if you are "in charge" you control the world.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

twinke228 wrote:

there's no way it would be possible.  we would still disagree about things and there won't be any improvements with peace or anything.  would probably just cause more problems because if you are "in charge" you control the world.
There would be peace once your ass was killed for gumming up the peace process.
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6468|Chuck Town, SC
how would there be peace? im sorry with so many different opinions everyone is not going to get along regardless of who is running the world
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6732|US
(null vote)
It depends...
What kind of government?  If it as a representative democracy that guaranteed a wide range of civil rights, did not waste massive amounts of money, and did not interfere with issues that would sort themselves out, I'd be all for it.
liquix
+51|6471|Peoples Republic of Portland
I'd rather go to mars and pretend there were aliens there with underground civilizations.
FallenMorgan
+53|5931|Glendale, CA
I find the whole idea a bit silly in science fiction.  The only way would be an extraterrestrial threat or something.  The only possibility besides that would be a future nation to go around and conquer the rest of the world.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6016|The Mitten
I highly doubt a "single world government" would work. I already feel that some countries are too large...
EE (hats
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6783|Cambridge (UK)
Has anyone here read "Albert Einstein - Ideas and Opinions"?

(I'm reading it at the moment)

Sections of it make very interesting reading in the context of this discussion...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard