Poll

Do you believe this comment is racist?

Yes30%30% - 36
No69%69% - 83
Total: 119
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6712|Eastern PA
Shorter Thorax: I'm not racist, but you know how those shiftless darkies and theivin' Injuns can be!
Thorax
Banned
+77|5794

Braddock wrote:

Thorax wrote:

Braddock wrote:

We don't have to continue debating anymore, you've just admitted you're racist. Enjoy banjo practice.
I just admitted I have a prejudice.  Everyone does, including you.  Only thing is who has the cojones to admit they aren't perfect?
You're a racist. At least have the "cojones" to admit the fact to yourself.
Look asshole, if you just want to sit here and go back and forth on who is or isn't a racist, I will politely tell you to go get your self bent.  We ALL have prejudices.  Everyone.  Am I a racist?  Probably.  The definition of racism and prejudice aren't that different.  However, I say prejudice because the "racist" you refer to is a completely different term than the definition I abide too.  You want me to admit that I am a racist so that you can counter any argument I provide with a "but you're a white trash KKK Nazi racist, you said so yourself so what do you know about anything" type of ad hominem comment.  Well, I'm not a redneck KKK Nazi racist who hates everyone but white people, so no, I will not tell you that I am a racist, because I am not.

I am prejudiced against certain people, yes.  Everyone is and if you so otherwise you're a damn liar.  Whether it be the shady looking black person at a bus stop, a stinky middle eastern cab driver, an Asian store clerk, a drunk native American in a bar or Indian guy on dells tech support line, everyone has someone that makes them feel uncomfortable, angry, apathetic or just plain old annoyed.  I happen to be prejudiced against Native Americans because I grew up in a heavily Native American populated locale and I did not enjoy it, nor did I like what I saw on a daily basis.  Now, of course, does this mean every native American in the world acts this way, of course not, but it is the norm for me and therefore I am opposed to it. 

But honestly, you're one to be talking aren't you?  You come from a place where the people used to blow each other up for believing in a different denomination of Christianity.  Honestly tell me that no hard feelings are left over from that.  I'm sure you feel absolutely no animosity towards the British either, considering they still occupy something along the lines of a fifth of your little island?  Hell, maybe you don't like Chavs either, who knows.  But on that same token, I'm sure you have plenty of Protestant, Catholic, British and perhaps a few chavs as friends don't you?  Perhaps you're even chums with a few Israeli's? 

The cold hard truth of the matter is, and this goes back to my opening statement, everyone has the ability to carve their own path in this world, especially in countries such as yours and mine.  Whether or not they choose to do so is entirely up to them and cannot be blamed on "the white man", the government, the trials and tribulations of an era passed 40 years ago, or a grand conspiracy.  These criminals, these black criminals are in jail because they choose to be.  They chose not to do well in school, they chose to perhaps get their girlfriends pregnant, they chose to drop out, they chose to rob that liquor store, they chose to do those drugs, they chose to kill that person.  To say it isn't their fault or they had no choice or thats it's anyone else's fault, other than their own is absurd and lacking in common sense.  To say this is a racial problem is down right wrong, to say this is a conspiracy is lunacy.  People have free will and choose their own paths in life.

I grew up poor as well.  Am I in prison?  No.  Am I still poor?  No.  Am I addicted to drugs?  No.  Did I knock someone up? No.  Did I have to bust my ass to reach the same level of success as other "more fortunate" people my age?  Hell yes.  Am I a better person for it?  Most definitely.   My animosity towards Native Americans comes from a childhood and adolescence of watching them be handed everything only for them to squander, abuse or neglect it.  Get a free house?  Turn it into a junkyard.  Get some free money?  Straight to the bar or liquor store.  Free food?  Waste it.  I have no sympathy for people like this, none.  Sitting in a classroom in elementary school and seeing adults bring in bags of free school supplies for Indian children, merely because they were Indian is one thing, but to sit there and watch that and then watch them let it go to waste by not even caring or trying to do good in school was another thing.  I also enjoyed having 50 cent vending machine lunches while the Indian children feasted in the cafeteria on their free lunch programs was another.  Spending my summers working my balls of on a stinky ass hogfarm so that I could afford new clothes for school next year or a fucking car to drive while all of those lazy pricks got drunk and knocked people up all summer was awesome as well.  Sitting in an audience and clapping as they got free scholarships to college because they were Indian and then coming home 5 years later to find them on welfare was outstanding as well.

These people were given everything.  EVERYTHING.  Not a single Indian I met growing up ever made anything of themselves.  Not one.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  They sit in their government built houses sucking down McDonald burgers and firewater paid for by their welfare checks.  This is why I hate these people.  This is why I am prejudiced towards them.  Do not misconceive this as some blind redneck agenda of hatred because you know nothing on the matter.  If you want to call me a racist, then do it.  I rest assured that anyone with any sense of logic that reads this post can make their own minds up.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5781|Dublin, Ohio
get a life Cam.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6661|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

get a life Cam.
Whats your post count again?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5781|Dublin, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

get a life Cam.
Whats your post count again?
I am not talking about the forum hammerhead.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6713|SPARTA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing: "It is the attitude that if you succeed, and actually build a life for yourself, you are an Uncle Tom, who sold out to the white man......It is the hero worship of hoodlums and gang bangers and hip hop killa cop rap artists, instead of successful roll models, like black astronauts, doctors, judges, cops, firemen, entrapenures...etc...........All of these people sold out to whitey in their eyes and are shunned.... It is better to be victim of the white man's oppression so you have an excuse to be a failure, rather than get off your ass and take responsibility for yourself........Just like all of those "Uncle Tom's""

I just want to get a majority view here. Comments from black people especially welcome.
i know black people who think that about their fellow "brothas"  ...i quote: "they're sitting there and ranting while they wait on their six acres land and the donkey that they think the white man owes them"
but hey, a white man saying the truth is a racist a black man just a traitor...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6756|UK

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't think that particular comment is racist, more misguided.
ooo watch out for zimmer and posideon, there's no such thing as a misguided opinion according to them.

As to the OP, I don't think its racist. Its his explanation of problems with the black community, he doesn't say it happens because they are black, seems more of an observation of the culture.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6532|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing: "It is the attitude that if you succeed, and actually build a life for yourself, you are an Uncle Tom, who sold out to the white man......It is the hero worship of hoodlums and gang bangers and hip hop killa cop rap artists, instead of successful roll models, like black astronauts, doctors, judges, cops, firemen, entrapenures...etc...........All of these people sold out to whitey in their eyes and are shunned.... It is better to be victim of the white man's oppression so you have an excuse to be a failure, rather than get off your ass and take responsibility for yourself........Just like all of those "Uncle Tom's""

I just want to get a majority view here. Comments from black people especially welcome.
It's really just a generalization based on the point of view of who's assigning the the labels.

If you are a gangbanger and another person rejects your lifestyle, then they'll think you have sold out.

Why?  Jealousy.

Although I love watching the fireworks, don't you guys ever get bored of ragging on Lowing?  It's not working.  Just like everyone else here, he's got some BS & some truth.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6395|North Carolina
To the OP: It's not a racist statement, it's mostly true.

Granted, it should be noted that a lot of black people defy stereotypes.  The majority of black people I've met only fit a few stereotypes, but the majority of them are not "thugs."  There is an overemphasis on idolizing black athletes and rappers, but...  not every black person who does that is criminally minded.  I don't think lowing was trying to suggest that either.  I think he was speaking in generalities.

Whatever the case, if he had been implying that all black people or even the majority of them are criminally minded or lazy, then yeah, THAT'S racism.  Instead, lowing is prejudiced, but so is everyone.  Everyone makes assumptions about certain groups.  A lot of times, these assumptions are based on experience.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6526|Carlsbad, CA, USA

Thorax wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Thorax wrote:

I just admitted I have a prejudice.  Everyone does, including you.  Only thing is who has the cojones to admit they aren't perfect?
You're a racist. At least have the "cojones" to admit the fact to yourself.
Look asshole, if you just want to sit here and go back and forth on who is or isn't a racist, I will politely tell you to go get your self bent.  We ALL have prejudices.  Everyone.  Am I a racist?  Probably.  The definition of racism and prejudice aren't that different.  However, I say prejudice because the "racist" you refer to is a completely different term than the definition I abide too.  You want me to admit that I am a racist so that you can counter any argument I provide with a "but you're a white trash KKK Nazi racist, you said so yourself so what do you know about anything" type of ad hominem comment.  Well, I'm not a redneck KKK Nazi racist who hates everyone but white people, so no, I will not tell you that I am a racist, because I am not.

I am prejudiced against certain people, yes.  Everyone is and if you so otherwise you're a damn liar.  Whether it be the shady looking black person at a bus stop, a stinky middle eastern cab driver, an Asian store clerk, a drunk native American in a bar or Indian guy on dells tech support line, everyone has someone that makes them feel uncomfortable, angry, apathetic or just plain old annoyed.  I happen to be prejudiced against Native Americans because I grew up in a heavily Native American populated locale and I did not enjoy it, nor did I like what I saw on a daily basis.  Now, of course, does this mean every native American in the world acts this way, of course not, but it is the norm for me and therefore I am opposed to it. 

But honestly, you're one to be talking aren't you?  You come from a place where the people used to blow each other up for believing in a different denomination of Christianity.  Honestly tell me that no hard feelings are left over from that.  I'm sure you feel absolutely no animosity towards the British either, considering they still occupy something along the lines of a fifth of your little island?  Hell, maybe you don't like Chavs either, who knows.  But on that same token, I'm sure you have plenty of Protestant, Catholic, British and perhaps a few chavs as friends don't you?  Perhaps you're even chums with a few Israeli's? 

The cold hard truth of the matter is, and this goes back to my opening statement, everyone has the ability to carve their own path in this world, especially in countries such as yours and mine.  Whether or not they choose to do so is entirely up to them and cannot be blamed on "the white man", the government, the trials and tribulations of an era passed 40 years ago, or a grand conspiracy.  These criminals, these black criminals are in jail because they choose to be.  They chose not to do well in school, they chose to perhaps get their girlfriends pregnant, they chose to drop out, they chose to rob that liquor store, they chose to do those drugs, they chose to kill that person.  To say it isn't their fault or they had no choice or thats it's anyone else's fault, other than their own is absurd and lacking in common sense.  To say this is a racial problem is down right wrong, to say this is a conspiracy is lunacy.  People have free will and choose their own paths in life.

I grew up poor as well.  Am I in prison?  No.  Am I still poor?  No.  Am I addicted to drugs?  No.  Did I knock someone up? No.  Did I have to bust my ass to reach the same level of success as other "more fortunate" people my age?  Hell yes.  Am I a better person for it?  Most definitely.   My animosity towards Native Americans comes from a childhood and adolescence of watching them be handed everything only for them to squander, abuse or neglect it.  Get a free house?  Turn it into a junkyard.  Get some free money?  Straight to the bar or liquor store.  Free food?  Waste it.  I have no sympathy for people like this, none.  Sitting in a classroom in elementary school and seeing adults bring in bags of free school supplies for Indian children, merely because they were Indian is one thing, but to sit there and watch that and then watch them let it go to waste by not even caring or trying to do good in school was another thing.  I also enjoyed having 50 cent vending machine lunches while the Indian children feasted in the cafeteria on their free lunch programs was another.  Spending my summers working my balls of on a stinky ass hogfarm so that I could afford new clothes for school next year or a fucking car to drive while all of those lazy pricks got drunk and knocked people up all summer was awesome as well.  Sitting in an audience and clapping as they got free scholarships to college because they were Indian and then coming home 5 years later to find them on welfare was outstanding as well.

These people were given everything.  EVERYTHING.  Not a single Indian I met growing up ever made anything of themselves.  Not one.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  They sit in their government built houses sucking down McDonald burgers and firewater paid for by their welfare checks.  This is why I hate these people.  This is why I am prejudiced towards them.  Do not misconceive this as some blind redneck agenda of hatred because you know nothing on the matter.  If you want to call me a racist, then do it.  I rest assured that anyone with any sense of logic that reads this post can make their own minds up.
Well put sir! I am also man enough to admit that i have prejudices. Living here in San Diego, we see much the same with the mexicans.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6756|Cambridge (UK)
I will not be taking any part in this thread other than to state my position and the reasons for it.

I voted yes.

I believe we all have the right to speak our minds freely. But with that right comes the responsibility to use words in a way that is not derogatory to any given 'population', where said 'population' is defined by some arbitrary classification - be that skin colour, gender, weight, eye colour, chosen belief system or whatever.

lowings statements often draw a parallel between skin colour and various derogatory stereotypes and, as others have stated, the statement in question is less racist than some he has made, but, in my view, it is racist none-the-less.

lowing: as I have said before, it's not so much what you say as the way you say it.
jord
+2,382|6668|The North, beyond the wall.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

it's not so much what you say as the way you say it.
Sorry mate, but that's what women say.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6756|Cambridge (UK)

jord wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

it's not so much what you say as the way you say it.
Sorry mate, but that's what women say.
true, true.
The_Mac
+96|6215

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It's less racist that lowings usual drivel.
Being a condescending douchebag is hardly superior, so you have no right to pass any judgement whatsoever.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6641|USA

Turquoise wrote:

To the OP: It's not a racist statement, it's mostly true.

Granted, it should be noted that a lot of black people defy stereotypes.  The majority of black people I've met only fit a few stereotypes, but the majority of them are not "thugs."  There is an overemphasis on idolizing black athletes and rappers, but...  not every black person who does that is criminally minded.  I don't think lowing was trying to suggest that either.  I think he was speaking in generalities.

Whatever the case, if he had been implying that all black people or even the majority of them are criminally minded or lazy, then yeah, THAT'S racism.  Instead, lowing is prejudiced, but so is everyone.  Everyone makes assumptions about certain groups.  A lot of times, these assumptions are based on experience.
Here is the thing guys,

IF I were racist, and I truly felt that ALL black people were criminals and thugs and shit, based on my disdain for PC that I make perfectly clear, do you really think I would not come out and say EXACTLY that. If I hated ALL Muslims, what really is there stopping me from saying it? Popularity in this forum? I think it is pretty clear I am not winning any popularity contests with my posts or care. Fear of repercussions? On the internet? Not hardly.

So the bottom line is, I say exactly how I feel about a topic, if I hated ALL black people for no better reason than for being black, rest assured I would not beat around the bush, I would say it. Or does anyone doubt that?

So here it goes.

DO I hate black people...nope

Do I hate criminals, and thugs and saggers and hip hop killa cop........you bet your ass

Do I hate Muslims.....nope

Do I hate Islam and its teachings.........you bet your ass

Do I hate white people...nope

Do I hate white trash......you bet your ass

Do I feel there are double standards regarding race in America, and do I feel it is bullshit?........you bet your ass I do

Last edited by lowing (2008-07-17 22:40:54)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6641|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I will not be taking any part in this thread other than to state my position and the reasons for it.

I voted yes.

I believe we all have the right to speak our minds freely. But with that right comes the responsibility to use words in a way that is not derogatory to any given 'population', where said 'population' is defined by some arbitrary classification - be that skin colour, gender, weight, eye colour, chosen belief system or whatever.

lowings statements often draw a parallel between skin colour and various derogatory stereotypes and, as others have stated, the statement in question is less racist than some he has made, but, in my view, it is racist none-the-less.

lowing: as I have said before, it's not so much what you say as the way you say it.
I can appreciate that,  but sometimes the truth has very little room in it for political correctness.
san4
The Mas
+311|6678|NYC, a place to live
It's less drivel than lowing's usual drivel.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

I don't know Cam, but lowing isn't exactly helping his case.

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing: "It is the attitude that if you succeed, and actually build a life for yourself, you are an "Uncle Tom," [consistency with quotations] who sold out to the white man...... [why so many periods?] It is the hero-worship of hoodlums and gang bangers and hip hop killa cop [what, like this guy? try again] rappers artists, instead of successful rolle models, like black [racist comment!] astronauts, doctors, judges, cops, firemen, entrapenures [oh, come on. you aren't even trying] entrepreneurs..., etc........... In their eyes, Aall of these people sold out to whitey in their eyes and are shunned.... It is better to be victim of the white man's oppression so you have an excuse to be a failure, rather than get off your ass and take responsibility for yourself........, [more with the suffocating ellipses] Jjust like all of those "Uncle Tom's"."

To...... "be honest'", I think....... his comment......... was an indikashun of .....atroph...ied grammatical sk..ill, butnotracist. It rings of some truth. There are minorities that resent others of their 'kind' who succeed in the 'white man's world.' I've encountered a few of these (former) myself.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-07-18 00:05:36)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6641|USA
Awwwwwwww, another paper grader, how sweet.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6468|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I voted no.  But here's a clip from American History X I feel is very relevant to this situation.

The first half anyway.

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2008-07-18 10:33:02)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

lowing wrote:

If I discount the multiple w's for endearing excessiveness, you get 100%. Otherwise, I couldn't even read through that previous lump of snakeshit without getting a splitting headache. If only you'd try this hard in the future.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6641|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

If I discount the multiple w's for endearing excessiveness, you get 100%, otherwise I couldn't even read through that previous lump of snakeshit without getting a splitting headache, if only you'd try this hard in the future.
corrected
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

lowing wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

If I discount the multiple w's for endearing excessiveness, you get 100%, otherwise I couldn't even read through that previous lump of snakeshit without getting a splitting headache, if only you'd try this hard in the future.
corrected
Creative. Super-long sentence ftl.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-07-18 15:07:13)

Ratzinger
+43|6382|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

lowing wrote:

But perfectly comfortable with other forms of delusion?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6395|North Carolina

Ratzinger wrote:

lowing wrote:

But perfectly comfortable with other forms of delusion?
To be fair, if you live in America, most other religions don't have members who will try to blow you up.  The number of Muslims who are terrorists is still very low, but it's higher than among other religions (at least currently).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard