Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
If you haven't found out already

chuyskywalker wrote:

Welcome to the General Discussion forum on trackr.

There has been a LOT of hullabuhloo about whether this should be here or not. I found this back and forth debate very, very interesting to watch. A lot of good points about community, membership, interest, spam, and more have come from the discussion. I'm particularly impressed about how adamant people are about this community and how it should be run -- it means that this place matters and that is awesome.

For the back story to this, the only reason that EE was ever not on trackr is simple: I'm forgetful.

EE/JunkDrawer/Etc was never meant to not be here. As has well been hammered upon, having areas to talk about life outside of gaming, at a gaming community, is very important. Gamers are not one-dimensional creatures and we need room to stretch our legs, arms, and (sometimes) overly hefty opinions and antics

That said, I've chosen the name "General Discussion" because I want to move away from the concept that this is a forums for "Junk" or "Anything and everything". Discussions don't need to be debates, or about very serious matters, but they should be pertinent and provide useful information or insight.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
Volatile
+252|6715|Sextupling in Empire

So the mods were just lying to us?
CommieChipmunk
+488|6581|Portland, OR, USA
Roc18
`
+655|5802|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Volatile wrote:

Yes, and its pretty annoying too knowing that they closed a thread then typed "We arent gonna have EE on trackr" making everyone think that it wouldnt be on trackr. I honestly thought trackr was going to die because of that, turns out mods were lying.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6297|eng
You gotta admit though, the mods lying to us about it was a brilliant way to bring spam levels down, people were taking responsibility for it and members were telling each other to stop, rather than just laughing or whatever.
#rekt
kptk92
u
+972|6419|tc_london
Ted will be pleased to hear this when he gets back.

I wouldn't be surprised if spam levels began to rise again..
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6500|Gogledd Cymru

Mint Sauce wrote:

You gotta admit though, the mods lying to us about it was a brilliant way to bring spam levels down..
It made no difference whatsoever, out of the users that had made "spam pledges" several got perm banned.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6459

There must be a rule, if you spam, you will get a perm ban immediately. No warning whatsoever. I bet that will help.

Basically, create a spam thread, and you are banned.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2008-07-16 16:01:56)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6480

The Sheriff wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

You gotta admit though, the mods lying to us about it was a brilliant way to bring spam levels down..
It made no difference whatsoever, out of the users that had made "spam pledges" several got perm banned.
Freaking hypocrites...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
Well spam as a whole has gone down allot. In a thread on Trackr someone has made mention that there hasn't been a rip-off thread spam session in over a month.

r'Eeee wrote:

There must be a rule, if you spam, you will get a perm ban immediately. No warning whatsoever. I bet that will help.

Basically, create a spam thread, and you are banned.
That's a bit much, I mean personal attacks and flaming are many times worse than spam, which is just annoying, and you are warned of personal attacks and flaming before getting banned.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-07-16 16:07:52)

CloakedStarship
+76|6576
This

chuyskywalker wrote:

For the back story to this, the only reason that EE was ever not on trackr is simple: I'm forgetful.
Is so much different from

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

BF2S did not grow into the vision of a mature site that chuy wanted, so he is going to try to change that on trackr. Nothing can be done to change what he wants, so those are the rules we have to play by. It doesn't matter how integral the section is to how the site currently functions, because I think he would rather lose half the members by losing the section to give the site the atmosphere he wants.
Hate to point out that uncomfortable discrepancy, but its too big to go unnoticed.

.... so whats up with that?
Roc18
`
+655|5802|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

CloakedStarship wrote:

This

chuyskywalker wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

BF2S did not grow into the vision of a mature site that chuy wanted, so he is going to try to change that on trackr. Nothing can be done to change what he wants, so those are the rules we have to play by. It doesn't matter how integral the section is to how the site currently functions, because I think he would rather lose half the members by losing the section to give the site the atmosphere he wants.
Hate to point out that uncomfortable discrepancy, but its too big to go unnoticed.

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6205|Schofield Barracks
I think the lieng was a test to see if we could be mature.
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

I think chuy had a different opinion about EE than the mods did. Their reasoning for an EE-free trackr was because of maturity issues and spam, whereas chuy had a whole different reason (forgetfulness) all together.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6231|Phoenix, AZ
Yeah I saw that on Trackr yesterday...

tbh I thought they decided to put a GD/EE on Trackr and I just didnt hear the news...
i g
Banned
+876|5875|GA

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6405|The Gem Saloon
they just wanted to show you idiots why you shouldnt spam.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
They have already stated this isn't the same as EE, doing the regular EE things like spam etc will get you banned.
CloakedStarship
+76|6576

Vilham wrote:

They have already stated this isn't the same as EE, doing the regular EE things like spam etc will get you banned.
They already do?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
More so than before, its why chuy chose a different name, this isnt where you post anything, this is where you post topics for general discussion.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Volatile wrote:

See member title kthx.

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

Roc18 wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

This

chuyskywalker wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Chuy works in mysterious ways.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

ATG wrote:

Chuy works in mysterious ways.
Ask the Chuy and he shall giveth. Praise be to the Chuy, for he deserves to be praised.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6500|Gogledd Cymru

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Well spam as a whole has gone down allot. In a thread on Trackr someone has made mention that there hasn't been a rip-off thread spam session in over a month.
Thats because hardly anyone visits, let alone posts there.

Vilham wrote:

its why chuy chose a different name
Because that has worked before...
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6690|In You Endo- Stoke
Yeah i saw it on trackr the other day,hadn't been on there for a while.But did notice it wasn't there before...

Well at least we can continue to whisper sweet nothings to each other.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard