BananaShark
+2|6183|Finland
So im buying a new computer for my sis. Computer isnt for gaming or anything (just music/surfing) but i'd like it to be as powerful as it can be.
She said the budget would be ~600e (max. 650) and the budget includes monitor.

This is what i've come up:

https://img360.imageshack.us/img360/971/nimetnkp3.th.jpg

I've left 150e for the monitor, i will buy it later.
And im ordering this from here: http://www.jimmspc.fi/
I'm really not sure about the videocard so thats what im looking for to replace
Advice on the parts + other (cheaper?) options!!
The cheaper it gets the better monitor i can buy

Thanks!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6241|Winland

I think you should check Multitronic(.fi), they tend to be cheaper than Jimm's. I only go to Jimm's when I need something that MT doesn't have.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6675|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I think you should check Multitronic(.fi), they tend to be cheaper than Jimm's. I only go to Jimm's when I need something that MT doesn't have.
Agreed. Although, I buy my stuff from Jimms all the time. But that's because it's in my hometown and I'm highly impatient, which raises the bar for me to shop online for anything (delivery times).
I need around tree fiddy.
BananaShark
+2|6183|Finland
Theres a jimm's store close to me too plus i've bought my own computer there. Also the store employees give advice from the counter/ tell good replacements if something has run out

Btw im not going to build this myself, ill let the employees worry about that
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6675|Finland

BananaShark wrote:

Theres a jimm's store close to me too plus i've bought my own computer there. Also the store employees give advice from the counter/ tell good replacements if something has run out

Oh well I'll be damned, another fine citizen of Turku.
I need around tree fiddy.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6241|Winland

DonFck wrote:

BananaShark wrote:

Oh well I'll be damned, another fine citizen of Turku.
I'll be in turku tonight
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
BananaShark
+2|6183|Finland
I was looking at multitronic and saw this http://www.multitronic.fi/?prod=XNE%2B8600T%2BTD51 <- how bad/good is it

and if i chose that and bought from multitronic the cost would be 450e thats pretty good, do they provide assembly of the comp.?

edit: just noticed that they dont have any   any suggestions for a cheap videocards ?

Last edited by BananaShark (2008-07-15 05:36:52)

Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6273|NSW, Australia

what does "Uutuus!" mean?
BananaShark
+2|6183|Finland
Uutuus = New

edit: I decided to buy it from multitronic(thanks freezer ) and build it myself, though i havent built one yet but i think i can handle it
and here is my set up

https://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4672/finalwg5.th.jpg

Tell me if something doesnt fit/is better

Last edited by BananaShark (2008-07-15 10:09:17)

BananaShark
+2|6183|Finland
One (stupid) question, if the videocard has dvi output and monitor dvi-d input do the match or not?

']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5857
Does the E7200 comes with a CPU cooler? It doesn't say it's boxed.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6676

']['error.V2 wrote:

If it's retail from intel it should.
BananaShark
+2|6183|Finland

Gooners wrote:

']['error.V2 wrote:

If it's retail from intel it should.
jimms pc store has the same exact processor and it says it boxed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard