Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

If I hate the Irish but like lucky charms, am I still racist?

Marshmellows in cereal, who would have thought the Irish had it in them to come up with such a cool idea.  Just goes to show that even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.
Still crying about the chip on your mongrel shoulder Lotta?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
tupac
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

As has been stated before, I believe Racism is a blind hatred based entirely on outside information, whereas prejudice is based more on your actual experiences.  My family rents out property in a low income, high crime area with a concentration of Blacks and Mexicans.  Have I seen poor representations of these races? Absolutely.  But I've also seen white people who were just as bad, if not worse.  I admit that sometimes I keep my suspicions about races.  I see a group of blacks dressed as thugs walking towards me, I try to veer out of the way. 

A couple years ago, people would come up to me and say "Hey, have you seen American History X?  It really reminds me of you."  I was an ignorant racist.  Yet one day, I finally watched that movie, and became disgusted with who I was.  While not as bad as the protaganist, I had begun to folow that path.  I quickly tried to change myself as I matured through High school.  I feel I've made good progress in overcoming my prejudices.  My neighbors from Afghanistan fled from Kabul when shit hit the fan back in '01.  They have a son who's my age, and he's become a really good friend of mine.  He and this other Iranian girl have really opened my eyes to the religion of Islam, and I believe that thanks to them I no longer live in ignorance and fear of an entire group.  Yes, they have their bad apples, but everyone does. 

While it is not uncommon to harbor an initial judgement against someone due to their race, you must still make an attempt at getting to know that person before you damn them to a stereotype.  First time I met my black friend Jon, he was dressed out like a thug and trying to act "ghetto".  But we found common ground and have formed a very solid friendship.  Now he's a Cav Scout with 2ID, but he comes back and still dresses like his thugged out retarded self, even though that isn't his lifestyle. 

You can't judge a book by it's cover.
Take each person as they come. Stereotypes are absolutely worthless on a one to one basis.
Except of course, those people that play into the stereotypes.
Like all the fat, badly dressed Americans I've seen in town over the last few weeks? It would be a shame for anyone to tar all Americans with that brush.
m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK
https://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Photos/dynamic/images/popups/MK003-006.jpg
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5783|Dublin, Ohio

usmarine2 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Black men are usually stronger than white men thats why they get to use heavier kits.
Hey brad, you gonna call sup out also?  you know, for fair and balance.
m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Black men are usually stronger than white men thats why they get to use heavier kits.
Don't forget to sue DICE too....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine2 wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Well I beat the last black guy I took on in an arm wrestle so the stereotype didn't hold true in that particular instance!

And all the heavyweight boxing champions are white at the minute too.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6335|tropical regions of london
https://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7251/ronniecoleman4ky7.jpg
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire
https://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/21619.jpg
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5783|Dublin, Ohio
I see.  Its only racist if you say so.....and if lowing says it.  Nice.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine2 wrote:

What are you on about? Saying all black people are stronger than white people is another stupid stereotype. Many black people may very well be stronger than many white people but if it was a hard and fast rule I don't think you would find many bookies taking bets on any boxing matches.
m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

well what would you say if i thought the generally black people are physically (from a genetic perspective) superior to any other race?

Look how much they dominate sports.  Hell the Olynpic 100m sprint has been dominated by blacks since jesus clambered on his raptor and has been an exculsiuve blacks only club since barcelona 92.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5783|Dublin, Ohio
oh christ.  you all are so full of shit it is pathetic.  Black people are stronger so they cant be medics is not racist?  fuck off
m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK

usmarine2 wrote:

oh christ.  you all are so full of shit it is pathetic.  Black people are stronger so they cant be medics is not racist?  fuck off
Strong blak fella

https://www.freelancekillers.com/strategy/bf2/kits/support/USMC-Support.jpg

Weedy white guy

https://www.battlefield-1942.net/images/bf2/kits/medic_usa_full.jpg

Case closed.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine2 wrote:

I was trying to find his original post to figure out what you're on about? Did he say black people can't be medics because their superior strength should be used for heavier tasks? If that is the argument then yes it's racist...that is the allocation of tasks based on racial stereotyping.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6335|tropical regions of london
saying black people have superior strength is enforcing a stereotype though.  Even if it is a compliment.
m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK

God Save the Queen wrote:

saying black people have superior strength is enforcing a stereotype though.  Even if it is a compliment.
Mandingo.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6676

Roc18 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It is how you handle your prejudices that makes a person racist. Prejudices are developed with experience and are instinctual. By your logic racism is unavoidable. This I disagree with.
wrong, whether you show or dont show your prejudices you still have that instinctual disposition towards a race which is still racist, its whether you learn to accept people for who they are and let go of those instincts is when you over come racism.
Racism...instinctual???  Dear Lord...
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5783|Dublin, Ohio

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

I was trying to find his original post to figure out what you're on about? Did he say black people can't be medics because their superior strength should be used for heavier tasks? If that is the argument then yes it's racist...that is the allocation of tasks based on racial stereotyping.
he is implying that it is ok because black guys are stonger, so they should be in jobs that require more strength, not skill jobs.

Oh fuck it.  If lowing said that you and cam would shit your pants.  whatever.  done.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6676

usmarine2 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

he is implying that it is ok because black guys are stonger, so they should be in jobs that require more strength, not skill jobs.

Oh fuck it.  If lowing said that you and cam would shit your pants.  whatever.  done.
Ridiculous comment that race has anything to do with strength.
http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/ws … letes.html

Last edited by 462nd NSP653 (2008-07-13 13:10:31)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

usmarine2 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

usmarine2 wrote:

Well it's not okay in my opinion, I missed that when it was originally posted so I apologise for not shitting my pants sooner. Okay?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

Well I beat the last black guy I took on in an arm wrestle so the stereotype didn't hold true in that particular instance!
I'm sure you brought great success to the family.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ratzinger
+43|6384|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Nice thread. Epitomises the general level of discussion on these forums.

Seriously, go back and read some of this tragically ill-considered detritus and tell me it shouldn't all be deleted.....
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Races are different. Acknowledging this is not racism.
Treating people according to different standards according to their race is racism.
Positive and negative discrimination aren't good for anyone.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Thorax
Banned
+77|5796
I'd jump back into this but I'm done being called a redneck, banjo playing KKK Nazi skinhead because certain people don't agree with my point of view.

On a lighter note:

Braddock wrote:

https://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/21619.jpg
That pic is pretty much the defining sign that your modeling career isn't going so well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard