bennisboy
+829|6657|Poundland

TrashBlinD wrote:

The N64 is by far the awsmest console ever.
Yeah, but they'recolour naming startegy is hilariously accidently racist

(first 3 models )
https://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2008/06/White%20Consoles%20Always%20Win/Finished/061208_whiteconsole_obs07--article_image.jpg
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5972|Washington DC
The N64 really did have a cool design. Except for the controller... wtf... three armed people living in Japan?
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6653|can
The N64 would've been the perfect console if it wasn't of....Superman 64...Words cannot describe the awfulness.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6727|Riva, MD
The PS2 was an amazing piece of technology, using the original PS1 processor as the I/O processor was an insanely awesome idea.  If you put a PS1 game in, it would then switch right over to PS1 mode and the use the PS2 GPU which could result in potentially better textures.  I thought that was plain out awesome.  And then being able to put a standard IDE hard drive in it is also unbelievably cool.

It was definitely my favorite even if I never had my own.  I never had an N64 either and I've barely ever played it so I couldn't make judgment on it.

PS2 had one of the best game selections.
Defiance
+438|6681

N64, for the superb "party" games.
PS2 second by shear catalogue.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6449|King Of The Islands

Master-Fucking-System-Two.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6588|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

TrashBlinD wrote:

[CSE]Anubis
+24|6003

HurricaИe wrote:

GameCube. My parents had a jihad against video game consoles for the longest time so the first one I had was the GameCube (first ever games thing was a GameBoy).
I was exactly the same. 

I would have to choose the N64.  I was always playing it at my friends house back in the day.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6504|N. Ireland
SNES was, is, and always will be the coolest console ever to me.
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5835
I gotta say N64 was the best offline console. Gotta love the Banjo kazooie games and perfect dark. Also Goldeneye Had to love those games
Benzin
+576|6009
You guys can't count the PS2 as an offline console. There was too much online shit associated with it.

My top three:
1) Nintendo 64
2) Nintendo Gameboy Color
3) Nintendo Game Cube

I'm sorry, but if it wasn't for Nintendo, there would not be the standard of home console gaming that we have now. Nintendo brought that industry back from the dead after Atari failed.

Nintendo 64 set the bar for multiplayer gaming. Nothing like killing three of your best friends in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark only to scream it right in their ear. Forget over a microphone across the Internet. You can mute that shit. You can't stop the humiliation from a party multiplayer like that. Everything the Xbox or PS2 have for multiplayer gaming, was all started with the Nintendo 64. You couldn't get better FPS shooters except MAYBE with Counter-Strike and that was it.

Nintendo Gameboy defined mobile gaming. The Color made it absolutely friggin awesome.

The Game Cube would have been 10 times better if it had the better library. Better controller than the Xbox and PS2 (the original Xbox was HUGE, I couldn't fit my hands around it) and better graphics (I thought). Just a much better machine. Plus, it was a helluva lot smaller and lighter which lent itself to much nicer portability. Plus, it was CHEAP! Much cheaper to buy from launch date than either the Xbox or PS2.

r'Eeee wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/asset … _Sonic.jpg

Mortal Kombat on this thing was freaking awesome.
Anyone else agree that all of the MK 3D sucks compared to the 2D once?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … Kombat.png

Good times.
I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2008-07-10 03:00:36)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
Sorry but the PS2 quite simply ISN'T an online console. I haven't used the internet once on my PS2 and ive had one since release.

Hardly any games were designed with online in mind and if PS2 is online then so is the gamecube.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-07-10 06:18:50)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England
I loved my PS2, but when I got my Xbox, I loved that even more.

N64 was great, too.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6240|NSW, Australia

The commodore...

because it has the same name as a holden commodore..

Actually, i dont even know what it is, its mos likely a horrible piece of shit, ive never owned a console

the angry videogame nerd is cool though
kptk92
u
+972|6419|tc_london
Playstation 2 tbh
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6479

kylef wrote:

SNES was, is, and always will be the coolest console ever to me.
I've got SNES.

Love it.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Lynx14
+41|5981

bennisboy wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Yeah, but they'recolour naming startegy is hilariously accidently racist

(first 3 models )
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/ … _image.jpg
I got ice . But no KFC colored model? Cornbread colored?
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6189|Wisconsin
N64 of course. Goldeneye ftw, although I use mupen to play n64 online these days
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5985|England

Ps2
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6601|Reisterstown, MD

Hard to say.  Let's look at the consoles and their respective good games:
N64 had Goldeneye(perhaps the best FPS ever made), Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(best zelda game imo), Zelda: Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark, etc

PS1 had FF VII, FVIII, Chrono Cross, Suikoden II, Gran Tursimo, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal II etc,

PS2 had FFX, GTA III, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, MGS,:Sons of Liberty, etc

Gamecube Resident Evil 4, ........ 

Winner?  PS1.
icecold2510
+31|6304

killer21 wrote:

Twisted Metal II
I now have this off the PSN and love it.

Greatest TM game ever. TM 3 and 4 sucked. I still have TM3 in one of my CD cases.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6721|Sweden

Sydney wrote:

NES all the way.
Ditto but i like to vouch for the SNES as well some of the best games all categorys were made there.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5872
N64, Golden eye was the shit and still is. I still got me N64 and its a top console
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6208|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

You guys can't count the PS2 as an offline console. There was too much online shit associated with it.

My top three:
1) Nintendo 64
2) Nintendo Gameboy Color
3) Nintendo Game Cube

I'm sorry, but if it wasn't for Nintendo, there would not be the standard of home console gaming that we have now. Nintendo brought that industry back from the dead after Atari failed.

Nintendo 64 set the bar for multiplayer gaming. Nothing like killing three of your best friends in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark only to scream it right in their ear. Forget over a microphone across the Internet. You can mute that shit. You can't stop the humiliation from a party multiplayer like that. Everything the Xbox or PS2 have for multiplayer gaming, was all started with the Nintendo 64. You couldn't get better FPS shooters except MAYBE with Counter-Strike and that was it.

Nintendo Gameboy defined mobile gaming. The Color made it absolutely friggin awesome.

The Game Cube would have been 10 times better if it had the better library. Better controller than the Xbox and PS2 (the original Xbox was HUGE, I couldn't fit my hands around it) and better graphics (I thought). Just a much better machine. Plus, it was a helluva lot smaller and lighter which lent itself to much nicer portability. Plus, it was CHEAP! Much cheaper to buy from launch date than either the Xbox or PS2.

r'Eeee wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/asset … _Sonic.jpg

Mortal Kombat on this thing was freaking awesome.
Anyone else agree that all of the MK 3D sucks compared to the 2D once?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … Kombat.png

Good times.
I couldn't agree more.
PS2 has like 5% online games, and 95% offline. It was designed to go online, but nobody did. The technology wasn't mature. You can by no means compare the "online-edness" of the PS2 with last-gen consoles; You didn't install the games, you didn't download demos, betas and patches, you didn't have a headset with a mic. You didn't have PS2 online or Xbox Live.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
HAi_gAIZ
See "i g"
+20|5782

TrashBlinD wrote:

tbh

goldeneye, zelda, tony hawk, mario, mario cart <333

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard