MetaL*
Banned
+188|6159|Anaheim, Mexifornia
Most aren't even cult.

Just non-mainstream.

Dr. Strangelove, Rocky Horror picture show, A Clockwork Orange, Brazil, and Easy rider pl0x.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

belldawg wrote:

cannibal holocaust, fuck yer
...the fully uncut version of course!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

Ty wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

Ty wrote:

I've seen six of those on your list, (excluding the two kiwi films Eagle vs. Shark and Once Were Warriors, I really should see those.)
Quite a few of the films on that list are on my "to watch" list.

You should replace "Ringu" with "Ju On". Scariest fucking movie I've seen, no horror has seemed scary since I saw it.
If you watch Once Were Warriors there's a sequel called What becomes of the broken hearted
I know that. I also know that the man who wrote the books the films were based on is Alan Duff. I also know that Temuera Morrison played Jake "The Muss" Heke.  I know the story and even the characters but for some reason I've never seen the movies.

For "cult" films has anyone seen "The Chumscrubber"? I would reccomend it but to be honest I'd only be basing that on other people's reviews. My personal review was that it was one of the most confusing films I've ever seen. The underlying idea was a good one but man there was so much weird shit that got in the way.
Fucking strange film...
The Chumbscrubber is a very good film, I had almost forgotten about that one...it would almost have made the list had I remembered it.

If you like Chumbscrubber you would also maybe like Brick.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

Ty wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

Ty wrote:

I've seen six of those on your list, (excluding the two kiwi films Eagle vs. Shark and Once Were Warriors, I really should see those.)
Quite a few of the films on that list are on my "to watch" list.

You should replace "Ringu" with "Ju On". Scariest fucking movie I've seen, no horror has seemed scary since I saw it.
If you watch Once Were Warriors there's a sequel called What becomes of the broken hearted
I know that. I also know that the man who wrote the books the films were based on is Alan Duff. I also know that Temuera Morrison played Jake "The Muss" Heke.  I know the story and even the characters but for some reason I've never seen the movies.

For "cult" films has anyone seen "The Chumscrubber"? I would reccomend it but to be honest I'd only be basing that on other people's reviews. My personal review was that it was one of the most confusing films I've ever seen. The underlying idea was a good one but man there was so much weird shit that got in the way.
Fucking strange film...
The Chumscrubber was okay. I think Brick was somewhat similar, but a lot better.

Edit: Damn Braddock, you beat me by a few seconds.

Last edited by chittydog (2008-07-02 08:51:06)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6743

I'm happy Chopper is on that list.
It's such a great movie, Eric Bana plays him very well.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

Jestar wrote:

I'm happy Chopper is on that list.
It's such a great movie, Eric Bana plays him very well.
Two Hands and Lantana are two other good Aussie movies if you haven't seen them.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6743

I've seen lantana, haven't seen two hands.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Shichinin no samurai
Ran
Reservoir Dogs
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Battle Royal is a must on a top 100 cult movie list ... have seen most but not all movies in the OP, own many of them
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363589/

Elephant.

Holey shit, that movie, just thinking about it makes my stomach churn.

The ending with the boy and girl was really, really, really, really FUCKED.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

GodFather wrote:

Elephant.

That film and the way it was made (no Hollywood action or hammy acting) is the only way a movie could have been made about Columbine, one could almost imagine that's what it might have been like that day.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ

Braddock wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Elephant.

That film and the way it was made (no Hollywood action or hammy acting) is the only way a movie could have been made about Columbine, one could almost imagine that's what it might have been like that day.
yeah dude, I know, ive seen a LOT of movies. Im not saying the movie was bad, the movie was amazing as far as directing and cameras and character development and the clashing storylines...

it was just really FUCKED UP.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6449|Boulder, CO
Nice list, I shall bookmark it then when i get bored i'll make my way through it.

I like a scanner darkly thats a weird but good film, based on the book by the same name by phillip k. dick. Its a good,  but weird watch.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK
braddock your taste in movies suck.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

GodFather wrote:

Elephant.

I forgot the ending, and didn't really get it...one of the kids gets shot, then the other goes into the freezer and starts talking to the boy and girl...I barely remember.
howler_27
+90|6689
Reservior Dogs
Killing Zoe
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

taxi driver slipped under the rader?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Of the list, I've only seen Nattevagten (Nightwatch, Danish version of course) and Requiem For A Dream

Might have seen some others, couldn't recall.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

SamTheMan:D wrote:

83. Taxi Driver

failsauce, sam
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

Poseidon wrote:

83. Taxi Driver

failsauce, sam
No feggit

OP wrote:

Some of these films you may have heard of and some of them would not traditionally be called 'cult' but are rather great movies that have slipped under the radar.
I'm saying how can a multi-bafta award winning film have slipped under the radar
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

Army of Darkness
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Poseidon wrote:

83. Taxi Driver

failsauce, sam
No feggit

OP wrote:

Some of these films you may have heard of and some of them would not traditionally be called 'cult' but are rather great movies that have slipped under the radar.
I'm saying how can a multi-bafta award winning film have slipped under the radar
no ur a faget

Just because it won awards doesn't mean it was highly publicized like other movies of that time (cough star wars).

And lol bafta.

and yes I've seen it

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-07-11 21:06:58)

Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I don't see Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas or Office space on your list.

Manhunter is a great 80's movie.

and you can't forget Slums of Beverly Hills

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard