GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6116|Tampa, Florida
Well I'm trying to start eating/drinking better after workouts so I just made a protein shake, my god it has to have one of the worst after tastes of anything I have ever consumed.

My recipe:
Protein powder
Milk
Ice
Small amount of sugar

How do you make your shakes ? Any recommendations on how not to make them taste terrible?
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA
protein shakes are worthless. just eat a tofu burger or something. its got more than enough protein in it for muscle building.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Try egg whites instead?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

I drink NitroTech shakes. The chocolate isn't bad at all.

Last edited by chittydog (2008-07-08 20:57:36)

GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6116|Tampa, Florida

chittydog wrote:

I'm stuck wiht vanilla, it's all we've got around the house.

Just tried to chug the remaining half a cup and almost threw up half way through
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6669|Austin, TX

Toss in a banana or two with some strawberries. That should help take the edge off a bit. Yes they are disgusting at first. But once you have been doing it for a while you will get used to the taste. Or you won't so just chug it down before or after your workout and think about the good protein you are feeding your muscles.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
13rin
+977|6480
Or Muscle Milk... I'm on a diet. Lost 26 lbs in 3 weeks, got another 20 to go, then I rebuild....
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Or Muscle Milk... I'm on a diet. Lost 26 lbs in 3 weeks, got another 20 to go, then I rebuild....
thats not a diet, thats a health concern.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6669|Austin, TX

I forgot to mention. Add the fruit in and use a blender to mix it up. It will taste much much better.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

Ender2309 wrote:

protein shakes are worthless. just eat a tofu burger or something. its got more than enough protein in it for muscle building.
No. Tofu is soy protein, which has been proven to lower testoterone levels. Anti-productive to someone trying to build muscle. A good protein shake can be really helpful. The good ones mix whey protein, for a quick protein boost, and slow-digesting casein protein which nurishes your muscles for up to 8 hours. Considering your muscles take days to repair, and do much of that at night, it's helpful to drink one of those an hour or so before bed.

Another thing a good shake will provide is a small amount of fiber. Your muscles can't start utilizing protein to rebuild until they get glycogen, which your body makes when you eat fiber and good carbs.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6669|Austin, TX

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Diets don't work. If you want to loose weight and keep it off you will need a lifestyle change in your eating and exercising habits.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6669|Austin, TX

GorillaKing798:
Also think about eating beef before or after your workouts. That is a very very good source of protein. If you are going to eat before do it at least an hour and a half before your workout.
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6116|Tampa, Florida

duk0r wrote:

I forgot to mention. Add the fruit in and use a blender to mix it up. It will taste much much better.
Yeah I definetly will next time, time for the second chug attempt.

Another quarter of it gone and then I almost hurled again.

@dukor: I eat beef after workouts and a lot of carbs.

Last edited by GorillaKing798 (2008-07-08 21:06:27)

duk0r
Administrator
+306|6669|Austin, TX

GorillaKing798 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

Chase it down with some water or some juice.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london
water
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6116|Tampa, Florida

duk0r wrote:

GorillaKing798 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

Chase it down with some water or some juice.
Yeah I just kept going and got it all down, will keep this all in mind next time.

Also: Should I drink one of theese on a daily basis even if I am not working out on that day?
13rin
+977|6480

duk0r wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Diets don't work. If you want to loose weight and keep it off you will need a lifestyle change in your eating and exercising habits.
Well I guess I mean my "diet" .  My "diet" cut out beer on weekdays and the midnight feeding frenzies.  I also cut my meal portions in half.  Finally, I got my fat ass on a tread mill and run 2 miles every weekday.  I admit I didn't run at first the whole time, but I am now.  I really don't want those old habits back.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6669|Austin, TX

GorillaKing798 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

May I recommend eating carbs before your workout and more protien after?

Carbs: Will give you your energy during the workout and better stamina

Protein: Your muscles build while you sleep. So if you can consume the protein just after the workout and get a good nights rest after you reduce the possibility of the carbs metabolizing into sugar.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6669|Austin, TX

DBBrinson1 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Well I guess I mean my "diet" .  My "diet" cut out beer on weekdays and the midnight feeding frenzies.  I also cut my meal portions in half.  Finally, I got my fat ass on a tread mill and run 2 miles every weekday.  I admit I didn't run at first the whole time, but I am now.  I really don't want those old habits back.
Awesome! Then you are on the right track. Now you need to stay on that track for a while, and before you know it that will come natural. Your metabolism will increase your and appetite and cravings will change for the best. Keep up the good work and you will be thanking yourself months from now.
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6116|Tampa, Florida

duk0r wrote:

GorillaKing798 wrote:

duk0r wrote:

May I recommend eating carbs before your workout and more protien after?

Carbs: Will give you your energy during the workout and better stamina

Protein: Your muscles build while you sleep. So if you can consume the protein just after the workout and get a good nights rest after you reduce the possibility of the carbs metabolizing into sugar.
I eat pasta and bread before workouts then eat beef with bread afterwards because we have ju jit su Moday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, so I try and carbo load for the next day.
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6620|Medford, WI
i drink whey chocolate flavor with water, and it tastes pretty good actually, and I have noticed a huge surge in my bench from it
Volatile
+252|6705|Sextupling in Empire

If you're tired of shitty tasting supplements, give EAS a try. Their products taste good and are loaded with vitamins, aminos, and stuff your body needs to turn you into a lean mean muthafucka.

It's not cheap though. 36 of their deluxe shakes will run you $100.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ

GorillaKing798 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

I'm stuck wiht vanilla, it's all we've got around the house.

Just tried to chug the remaining half a cup and almost threw up half way through
I personally find that Vanilla is one of the best flavors to block the shitty protein flavor...

Try to consume very cold too... I usually do (when I used to drink them)

Half Bananna
Vanilla extract
Blueberrys
Yogurt (blueberry also)
and about 50g of protein
Ice.

I dont remember the amounts but id do about 2 cups of regular Wal-Mart brand yogurt

Tasty.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC
Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Whey, Extreme Milk Chocolate or Vanilla Chai flavors

Taste decent with water, great with milk. Just put it in and stir.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5957|Minnesota
all my friends who drinks those protein shakes are skinny and not that strong, i don't think they help at all

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard