ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Mr. Wolfson’s decision to join Fox represents a general feeling among Clinton partisans that the network treated her more fairly than did other networks it viewed as overly friendly to Mr. Obama.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/wolfson/

Now, for all those who instantly dismiss any and all news stories from Fox; shut yer yap.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Money.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

No. This illustrates that fox was friendlier towards Hilary than Obama. Which is a problem, because he is the Presidential candidate.

Fox were pretty sure who would make it, as we all were. If they presented her in a good light, it was for one reason only. To keep the race prolonged and dragged out so that Obama loses support to Hillary.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831
whoever thinks fox news is "fair and balanced" should be lined up and shot
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

ATG wrote:

Mr. Wolfson’s decision to join Fox represents a general feeling among Clinton partisans that the network treated her more fairly than did other networks it viewed as overly friendly to Mr. Obama.

Now, for all those who instantly dismiss any and all news stories from Fox; shut yer yap.
What???

This one incident cleanses FOX of all their previous journalistic sins? I think not. The day I can turn on FOX and not have to see stories about laser pens being used for terror attacks on planes, or the impending Africanised bees apocalypse , or random, completely non-newsworthy stories about people putting up signs that link Osama Bin Laden to Barrack Obama then I can take them a little more seriously.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

ATG wrote:

You're calling Fox fair and balanced because they showed more Clinton bias than Obama bias? Hmmmmmmm.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire
And furthermore this is actually proof that FOX is NOT fair and balanced.

They're a fucking news station, they shouldn't be biased towards any candidate or party.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

ATG wrote:

We don't dismiss the best comedy show on the air, Fox news is always exellent for a good laugh ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

People are sheep. That's why Fox's followers scream about how it's the only balanced news, because they agree with Fox's bias. If Air America started telling everyone that they're the only source of fair news, its followers would start acting the same way.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

TheAussieReaper wrote:

If they presented her in a good light, it was for one reason only. To keep the race prolonged and dragged out so that Obama loses support to Hillary.
omygod that is sooooo unfair.

Democrats would never do anything like that.
Thorax
Banned
+77|5774
Hey guys FOX has one good reporter, everything is now fair and balanced!  Hooray!
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
Fox is more fair and balanced than the other news stations

is that good enough?
imortal
+240|6635|Austin, TX

Braddock wrote:

And furthermore this is actually proof that FOX is NOT fair and balanced.

They're a fucking news station, they shouldn't be biased towards any candidate or party.
I agree, in so much as the same should be said about ALL news organizations, including the ones who have nearly cannonized Obama.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6305|Oregon
Yeah, all this is is proof that fox is as right-wing as we've always thought. Their support of Clinton is just proof of their fear of Obama, a much farther left candidate.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Thorax wrote:

Hey guys FOX has one good reporter, everything is now fair and balanced!  Hooray!
lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
When I watch news, I usually switch to ch 82 Fox, then I switch to ch 81 CNN, then ch 80 Headline News. I rarly watch ch 83 MSNBC for /failing everyday as a news source. I admit Il  like Fox because it is obvious to me that they cover more headline stories then the others. Plus they have the most hotties CNN is clearly democratic/ liberal biased  IMO.

rammunition wrote:

Are you man enough? Have you ever even fired a firearm intending to kill a living being? No? GTFO with your daft dribble, or make a trip to Dallas TX.
SealXo
+309|6505
fox has higher rating so who cares
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

Blehm98 wrote:

is that good enough?
Oh is it? Okay, glad you cleared that up for us all.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Fox? Overly Friendly to Obama?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Rupert Murdoch has helped fund Hillary in the past.  He's also said a few nice things about Obama as well.

He's a businessman, so he hedges his bets.  If he thinks Obama will win, he'll put his money and his media toward gaining favor from him.  He did this with Hillary back when he thought Hillary would win the nomination.

Personally, Murdoch is very economically conservative, which is why he's more at home with the Republicans.  When it comes to social views, he seems moderate and maybe even liberal, but he's willing to promote social conservatism if he thinks that will make him more money (which it often has).

When you look at how the most wealthy and powerful people get involved in politics, they generally fund both sides, but they sometimes will fund one side a little more than the other if they think that side has a better chance of winning.

Newsmeat.com is a great source for looking up that kind of thing.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Mr. Wolfson was the biggest douchebag when Hillary was running against Obama.  This doesn't make Fox look better in my view.  They obviously picked him so they could say "Hey, we're fair and balanced" when in reality they just picked some asshole willing to work for them. 

Just like Alan "I'm a liberal?" Colmes
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

Braddock wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

is that good enough?
Oh is it? Okay, glad you cleared that up for us all.
They have more opposing views shows than the others.  You guys make me laugh.  Eviscerate FOX News as biased but give CNN, MSNBC, etc a pass.  Hmmmm maybe you just agree with the bias of the other stations.
The_Mac
+96|6195

sergeriver wrote:

Money.
Something the government in Aregentina is very fond of, I have heard.

How are the Nazis doing there?

rammunition wrote:

Just like the people who think Russia is Europe's savior?

Last edited by The_Mac (2008-07-08 19:24:10)

BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6737
Is this why they keep calling Obama, Osama?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5901|Somewhere out in Space
And this matters because fucking mcsame will win the racial votes?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard