Pineapple_Pez
+2|6757
Even though Zatar Wetlands doesnt get much love, I think it is a good map.  I dont even play it often, but a server loaded that map a few days ago and I had a great time.  The only negative is it is so damn to the next spawn. 

Songhua Stalemate is a SWEET map.  Spec Ops can rack up the points.

I dont play these maps often but I forget how cool they are.  They don't show up on too many rotations.

As for the guns...I think the SVD is underappreciated.  I dusted it off the other day and killed 21 guys in a row on Karkand.  I just kept moving and racked up the kills.

What do you all think?
CrazeD
+368|6686|Maine
Songhua Stalemate is a horrible map.. you basically have to armor whore to get any kills/points. Zatar is alright, but you need a vehicle to get to the next spawn because it's huuuuge.

The SVD sucks.., takes three chest shots to kill someone, why not just use a bolt-action that is much more accurate?
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6757
This is why I think they are underappreciated. 
They arent used ofter...but they are really very fun to play/use. 
The SVD is great if you are up close like in a map like Karkand.  You can shoot extemely fast with it compared to the bolt action rifles.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6749|200m out and smiling at you.
if u need to take the 3 shots to kill a guy, u should not be a sniper.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6701|UK
Cleansweep is underappriciated.

I hate the SVD.

M95 all the way
cullenjackcullen
+0|6682|Richmond VA
not a big fan of Wetlands, but i never really liked big maps in '42, but it can be fun if you can keep the attack chopper up.

SVD is sweet on Karkand, but you need bolt-action for maps like wake. 

under rated Vehicle: Vodnic.  i get up on that gun right out side of an enemy CP and let um fly.
jord
+2,382|6691|The North, beyond the wall.

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

Even though Zatar Wetlands doesnt get much love, I think it is a good map.  I dont even play it often, but a server loaded that map a few days ago and I had a great time.  The only negative is it is so damn to the next spawn. 

Songhua Stalemate is a SWEET map.  Spec Ops can rack up the points.

I dont play these maps often but I forget how cool they are.  They don't show up on too many rotations.

As for the guns...I think the SVD is underappreciated.  I dusted it off the other day and killed 21 guys in a row on Karkand.  I just kept moving and racked up the kills.

What do you all think?
Songhua is my worst map followed by zatar.The svd is the worst sniper in bf2.At least the chinise type 88 has proper crosshairs,but if you use the semi and take a full mag to hit someone dont be a sniper.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6646

Karkand was good but ive been playing it soo much its gottin boring.......

But ya i think zatar wetlands is underrated.
luckybaer
+10|6788| Going Feral

Rizen_Ji wrote:

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_usercmbstats. … ;bfmodid=0
393 kills with sniper rifle
1,709 shots with sniper rifle
4.3486005089058524173027989821883 shots per kill

OK.  You must have meant if it takes 3 shots that HIT to kill a guy, u should not be a sniper.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6719
CLAYMORES! While I rarley use them, they always work well when I do.  You see enemy enemy infantry running toward you, just put them in their path and they never notice.  Another good idea is to go shoot at infantry or group, drop them on the ground in front of you, then go hide somewhere.  I've only been killed by them about 11 times, and I rarley see them used.
Chowley
+1|6699|Ireland
Songhua I love that map, no idea why so many people hate it.

Jackhammer i think is under appreciated, its a sexy gun, although i didnt like it at first.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6759

luckybaer wrote:

Rizen_Ji wrote:

OK.  You must have meant if it takes 3 shots that HIT to kill a guy, u should not be a sniper.
I'm not even this guy but I can tell that is a horrible way to compare statistics... it is totally meaningless, what if he's shooting at stuff for fun, shooting helicopters, shooting vehicles, or just likes shooting anything in general? Get off your soap box.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6649|Prolly on wake.
PKM is most underrated gun!   ;p
smk_valvanite
+12|6689|New Zealand, CHCH

Rizen_Ji wrote:

very true, can anyone relay to me what the snipers one rule is???

"one shot one kill"
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6649|Prolly on wake.

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

luckybaer wrote:

Rizen_Ji wrote:

I'm not even this guy but I can tell that is a horrible way to compare statistics... it is totally meaningless, what if he's shooting at stuff for fun, shooting helicopters, shooting vehicles, or just likes shooting anything in general? Get off your soap box.
If you payed attention, he was responding to the guy who tried to start a flame off with him by claiming that if he needed 3 shots to kill then he shouldnt be a sniper. Knowing that, I think that a statistical breakdown of Mr. "you shouldnt be a sniper"'s own sniping ability is waranted.

As for your theory that he might just be wasting shots for fun, well if he is supposed to be an expert on how to be a sniper then it stands to reason that he would know any good sniper would never waste shots like that because A) you dont have alot of bullets. B) shooting at stupid shit only gets more attention drawn to you, which can lead the enemy to your hiding spot. wouldnt you agree?

In short, if you are going to come on a forum and run your mouth about taking 3 shots to kill, make sure you dont need 4 shots yourself.....and HE'S on HIS soap box????

Laughable.
Boomerjinks
+301|6809|Denver, CO
shock paddles....there needs to be a shock paddle kill badge.

Something like... "Most unlikely hero"
R0lyP0ly
+161|6667|USA
I think what he meant by shooting stuff was that being good enough to stay in one place and play defense, not running and gunning like the average Joe Sniper, shit can get reeeeaal boring so picking off the occasional exploding barrel is fun.

Secondly, if your team is moving to cap the flag, and they are all infantry (no armor) blowing up an explosive barrel is a good thing- it prevents the enemy from using it as a means of 3 or 4 quick kills via collateral damage.
Duckeh
+3|6668|Middle O' England
I can't believe people make it into the top 100 (Global score) players having played 1000+ hours on Karkand and less than 5 hours on Daqing Oilfields, Zatar Wetlands or Clean Sweep... you paid $50 or £30 or whatever money, and only play 5% of the game if that... why?!?!?
People who have spent more time with Defibrillators in their hand than time spent on a less popular map sicken me... alright that's an exaggeration but it makes me wonder why.
Tearsofromance
+0|6700|Canada
Stalemate owns all your faces. Dont even risk it,
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6703|Tampa Bay Florida
People who think they are cool because they only play as snipers are funny.
Encoded
The bf2s eunuch
+11|6729
I agree jackhammer is an acquired taste.  What i really think is a cool but weak gun is the mp7.  Very fun to use.  Taking out bitches gangsta style.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6759

Terrible_chester wrote:

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

luckybaer wrote:

If you payed attention, he was responding to the guy who tried to start a flame off with him by claiming that if he needed 3 shots to kill then he shouldnt be a sniper. Knowing that, I think that a statistical breakdown of Mr. "you shouldnt be a sniper"'s own sniping ability is waranted.

As for your theory that he might just be wasting shots for fun, well if he is supposed to be an expert on how to be a sniper then it stands to reason that he would know any good sniper would never waste shots like that because A) you dont have alot of bullets. B) shooting at stupid shit only gets more attention drawn to you, which can lead the enemy to your hiding spot. wouldnt you agree?

In short, if you are going to come on a forum and run your mouth about taking 3 shots to kill, make sure you dont need 4 shots yourself.....and HE'S on HIS soap box????

Laughable.
I was pointing out the innaccuracy of his comment. You are welcome to get up on your soap box and spew whatever logic you makes you feel better, but fact remains that the "statistic" is completely irrelevant. Further to the point I don't agree with you at all. This is a game, and people may do whatever they like.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

Tearsofromance wrote:

Stalemate owns all your faces. Dont even risk it,
Songhua is a great map, when I can play it.
Songhua Stalemate 04:13:38 6 9 0.67 131
R0lyP0ly
+161|6667|USA
snipers are cool -- if they have the skills. Noobs running around with an M95 taking potshots at anything are one of the most pitiful sights in the game. But the player killing you with your pants down with one shot, now that takes skill. Spraying with a PKM/SCAR-L/etc is fine and dandy, but when you can really shoot, come and talk
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6686|Colorado
I think the p-90 is underappreciated, after that short range for so long I scortched my shorts to have a real gun.

Fushe pass for the map, its got a little of everything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard