Day of Defeat: Source Vacation 1

-----Original File-----
Resolution: 800x450
Bit Rate: 5000Kbps
Length: 3:36
Size: 188MB
FPS: 30

- Naturn

Last edited by Naturn (2008-12-09 03:37:14)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6940|UK
lol.. on a side note DOD:S looks quite good, might get it,
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
Cool hit me up on xfire if you do.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6644
You need to work on your mad skillz a bit .

Just kidding! DoD is a timeless classic, and I'm actually one of the few old 1.3 players that also hugely enjoys Day of Defeat: Source (and the new Beta too). Although 1.3 and Source are massively different in feel and general balance, I still think that Source is one of the best 'World War II shooters around. The only game that tops it in terms of quality is Call of Duty 2, in my opinion.

More people need to get this game- criminally under-rated and underexposed!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN

Uzique wrote:

Just kidding! DoD is a timeless classic, and I'm actually one of the few old 1.3 players that also hugely enjoys Day of Defeat: Source (and the new Beta too). Although 1.3 and Source are massively different in feel and general balance, I still think that Source is one of the best 'World War II shooters around. The only game that tops it in terms of quality is Call of Duty 2, in my opinion.

Yes its a good game but very unbanlanced sometimes.  Like the M1 Grand should be an instant kill because it fires the same round as the M1903 sniper.  The M1903 does 120 damage pershot if you hit them good but the M1 only does 80.  The K98k however has a 110 damage per shot for both the rifle and sniper versions.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6751|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Naturn wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Yes its a good game but very unbanlanced sometimes.  Like the M1 Grand should be an instant kill because it fires the same round as the M1903 sniper.  The M1903 does 120 damage pershot if you hit them good but the M1 only does 80.  The K98k however has a 110 damage per shot for both the rifle and sniper versions.
Actually the fact that the M1 Garand dont kill in 1 hit is for balance, Imagine that..The kar 1 hit kil...have 5 bullet and must wait in between each shot ' Loading a new bullet in the chamber. Now the M1 can fire 8 shot one after the other witout reloading, if those 8 shot would kill on strike...we would have a big problem. Also the fact that the M1 garand recoil have been lowered...TWICE would make this gun a killing machine.

And yeah, DoD:s is one of the best WWII shooter out there, very good, the beta too is nice, just dont like the freezecam, make the game less serious...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
I under stand the balance but what I was trying to point out they try so damn hard to make it realistic.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6642

Roger Lesboules wrote:

And yeah, DoD:s is one of the best WWII shooter out there, very good, the beta too is nice, just dont like the freezecam, make the game less serious...
Precisely this reason is why I support freeze-cam.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
Added 2 more videos.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6539|California
naturn whats your steam id? i dont use xfire anymore
i play dods too!
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
Steamid = Naturn
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6539|California
Ok, i'll add you the next time I open steam, I only play source not the beta
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6751|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Duh! The thing that make DoDs fun is that its not all "lulzy" like tf2. No freecam please!
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
Hey guys i'll be playing this afternoon and into the night.  If anyone is interested I know a great server.  Steam ID is Naturn. 
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6642

Roger Lesboules wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Duh! The thing that make DoDs fun is that its not all "lulzy" like tf2. No freecam please!
I just like knowing where those bastard snipers are hiding. That way I can sneak up on them and shovel their ass!

Yeah it does work both ways but I most often roll with the StG-44 so I don't find myself camping very often.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6627|The Twilight Zone

Vilham wrote:

lol.. on a side note DOD:S looks quite good, might get it,
I'm also thinking of getting it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/dods_goodtimes.jpg

So yea I was having a good night last night.  My longest string of kills yer.  BTW I never use the machine gun i'm always in your face or a sniper in the middle of a fight.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|6008|Australia

Uzique wrote:

did they have unscope k98 in the original dod?
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Broodbeleg
+34|6026|The Netherlands
Yes there is an unscope k98k in dod 1.3.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
Yea I just went from another hour session of the game.  I love it over all the other source games.  I'm getting better at the game as well with the exception of people giving me luck head shots...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
I added a new video!
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/dods_glitchy.jpg

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6586|Belgium
I love that script I prefer the flower pot.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6779|Greenwood, IN
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/dod_fun.jpg

I thought I would just use an old thread.  I've not play with any people on these forums in a while anyone up for a game or two this week?
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6306

Naturn wrote:

http://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploade … od_fun.jpg

I thought I would just use an old thread.  I've not play with any people on these forums in a while anyone up for a game or two this week?
DOD:S is the only game I play now, and I feel bad for not being able to tell what map that is. I'd want to say Kalt, but that's because that's the only map I do play. Anyways, DOD:S is a great game, I think a lot of people don't get fed up with it a lot quicker than they would with other games though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard