Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5836
IndEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeE

Battlefield HitFixer
https://www.autohotkey.net/~DupaUnit/HitFixer_Icon.png
for Windows Vista and XP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attention!!!! Please Read The Following Before Continuing!!!!

Since DICE has OFFICIALLY DECLARED THIS USELESS, I would like to request for a mod to lock this thread. Please do not delete it, in that it can be used as a reference for questions in the future people may have.

"No it wasn't. It wasn't designed to change at all.
The "fixes" don't make the game work any differently as the server is still running with the normal values that the game has. These changes just graphically make it look like something different is happening."

Courtesy of Bazajaytee, Associate Producer at DICE, EA forumns http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … legal.html  Post Number 7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Improves Battlefield "HitReg" so you hit what you shoot
  • Works with Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142
  • BFSoap for Battlefield maintenance
  • Now prevents MD5 Modified Usersettings kicks
  • Automatic Updates
  • Ability to Set Custom Hotkey
  • Ability to customize all Usersettings options
  • Ability to Customize HitReg Algorithm
  Details                                                                                                 .
  • This application has been checked by Punkbuster, so it is 100% safe to use and will not cause bans.     
  • There is no install necessary.  Just download and run.

NOTE: Punkbuster has released an update where admins have the choice of a server setting that can kick for any Autohotkey app.  This can result in a 1 to 2 minute kick for using HitFixer, but will NOT cause a ban.  If you find you get kicked from a server for "illegal program/driver," simply close HitFixer whenever you play on that specific server.

If you find that HitFixer doesn't help your hit reg, try entering different values.  If your ping is 50, you set HitFixer to 50 and your hit reg still doesn't feel right, try entering 55, 60, or even 65.

If you are using Vista and cannot run HitFixer, make sure you are running it with administrator privileges.  To do this, right click on the HitFixer file, go to properties, click the "Compatibility" tab, then make sure "Run this Program as an Administrator" is checked.

Download                                                                                             .

Download HitFixer 2.00: (Right click and select "Save Link/Target As") (54 KB, AHK version)
        Note: You must first download and install AutoHotkey to use this version

Previous Versions                                                                                   .

Download HitFixer 1.41: (203 KB, EXE version)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download HitFixer 1.41: (16 KB, AHK version)

HitFixer Video Demonstration:
    http://www.vimeo.com/1313131
HitFixer Readme:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n82m4lq2hg0

Last edited by Guy.Buddy.Friend (2009-02-03 16:23:46)

usmarine2
Banned
+233|5761|Dublin, Ohio
ya, not gonna do that.
aimless
+166|6095|Texas
So it's like a macro that automatically types all the values?
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5836

aimless wrote:

So it's like a macro that automatically types all the values?
It automatically adjusts the values that are best for your system.

Last edited by Guy.Buddy.Friend (2008-07-04 10:37:55)

Acme1234
+62|6079|Melbourne, Australia
You should never match your ping, due to fluctuation. You should always set it around 9-10ms above your ping.

Works well for me, although I just have a modified usersettings.con file and when in game manually set my latencycompensation.
DupaUnit
+18|5962
We are well aware of this Acme.  It does all this automatically.  YOU DONT NEED TO SET THIS TO 9-10ms ABOVE YOUR PING, this application will take care of everything automatically for optimal hitreg.  Please don't muddy this thread with inaccurate advice.

This AUTOMATICALLY sets all the settings that you might change in your usersettings.con file, is done from WITHIN BF2 and only takes a few seconds to do.  It is MUCH quicker than Alt-Tabbing out and editing the usersettings file.  This application does all the math for you and the results are applied instantly!

Also, manually adjusting just the Latency Compensation doesn't change that much, it's the Interpolation setting that really changes the hit reg.  But for best results, all 3 should be modified, which is exactly what this application does.  The previous version (v1.12) was completely approved by Punkbuster, and was actually the last BF2 announcement they posted on their site.  This version (v1.3) has currently been submitted to Punkbuster, and should be approved shortly.

Don't be resistant to a new idea just for the sake of it.  This application fixes hitreg, and makes Battlefield act like it should.  You hit what you shoot at.  I hope that everyone downloads the HitFixer and enjoys this game all the more!

THIS PROGRAM IS VERY EASY TO USE, DONT LET ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE POST SCARE YOU.  JUST DOWNLOAD IT AND FOLLOW THE ON SCREEN DIRECTIONS.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Does this program automatically and frequently re-check the settings and adjust them again?
Or does it only do it when I manually use the Control + 0 command?

I suppose it's the latter since it's just an AHK script, so it won't help me much since I have a quite fluctuating ping in the first 5-10 minutes of a round on a new server.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!
I'll give it a try later
Adamshannon8
+94|6155
hmm,

1) This is a macro
2) This is cool, so i like it. +1

Last edited by Adamshannon8 (2008-07-04 12:23:16)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Didn't do shit
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5836

CommonSense wrote:

Killer and Nero told me it works so I'll try it out.

Lol, this actually helps. Reg is way better then it was before.
See, I'm not a lumbering idiot after all! .
You can all thank Walterberkman from =BB= for this great fix.

ebug9 wrote:

Didn't do shit
Be specific, I may be able to help you here.

Last edited by Guy.Buddy.Friend (2008-07-04 13:42:30)

DupaUnit
+18|5962
Q: 
Does this program automatically and frequently re-check the settings and adjust them again?
Or does it only do it when I manually use the Control + 0 command?
A: 
It only changes your settings once when you run it.  There is no way for this app to fetch your ping from BF2 without it becoming far more complicated for me to code.  Just check your ping when you join a new server, then set it.  I do it by habit now, and takes about 5 seconds total.

Q:
I suppose it's the latter since it's just an AHK script, so it won't help me much since I have a quite fluctuating ping in the first 5-10 minutes of a round on a new server.
A:
I don't know about you, but my ping stops changing about 10 seconds after I join a new server.  That is when I will then set my values.  If you are the type of person who's ping changes a lot, then input a value closer to the top end of your ping fluctuations.  If your ping is jumping from 60 to 90 on a server, input 90 with the HitFixer.
DupaUnit
+18|5962
Q:
Didn't do shit

A:
I can almost guarantee that this will improve/perfect everyone's hitreg.  There are a few simple rules to know when looking at your hitreg.  Some of these may be common sense, but I'll review them for the sake of those who don't know:

*  You will never get every shot to hit.  Go play single player for a bit.  Shoot the guns.  You will see that there is a certain amount of randomness (deviation) to the bullets.  With good hitreg, for long range targets, expect to only hit about 3/5 AK-101 shots, and 4/5 M16 shots. 

*  You will ALWAYS get better hitreg when you are not zoomed in (non-iron sights). 

*  When not zooming, you have to shoot SLIGHTLY BEHIND a moving target.  When zoomed, you have to shoot SLIGHTLY AHEAD of a moving target.

*  Know where the actual center of the screen is with each gun's iron sight.  Many of them are not where you would expect; namely the M16 (top left point of iron sight), M249SAW (above the iron sight), and the MG36 (very low on the iron sight).  Study the iron sights reference thread http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/for … php?t=1442

*  When testing your hitreg, try a gun that is very accurate, like any of the Spec-Ops guns.

*  Make sure you know how the weapons and their accuracies work.  Use short bursts with your weapons.  If you fire too much at once, your crosshairs will grow and you won't hit anything, regardless of your reg.  If you go prone and are going full auto at a target 50 meters away, you probably won't kill him even with perfect hitreg.
RiCKRoLLd
+6|6147
You can all thank me for beta testing it! =]
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5906|New York

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

You can all thank me for beta testing it! =]
Shutuphacker.
RiCKRoLLd
+6|6147
Just jealous cuz i pwn you.
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5906|New York

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

! TehRaep:sky hax tbh

BUSTED!!!11
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

Wrong syntax... thats all I get
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

I apologise for banning the creator of this project; but he bumped every single topic in existence that consisted of BF2 hitpoints, spamming and thinking it was "the best thing for the community, helping them " - so I ( without noticing this topic ) banned him. I was going to revert that ban when he started insulting me and acting like god. Ban is still in place and unless Chuy sees it fit to unban, it will stay like that. I feel I was harsh on my decision up until the point where he thought himself better than reading the rules.

I apologise for the all the users here that were looking forward to this program and getting helped out, but I don't stand for members like that. Sorry.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

legionair wrote:

make sure you didn't type anything before pressing Ctl+0. Open the console and make sure it's blank.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5836

ebug9 wrote:

legionair wrote:

make sure you didn't type anything before pressing Ctl+0. Open the console and make sure it's blank.
Yes, sometimes when you hit the tilde a tilde gets typed into the console, make sure everything is erased.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6339

CommonSense wrote:

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

BUSTED!!!11
just played on there server, with tehRaep.

Conclusion, There Awsome .

I wont be using it because im scared PB will kick my ass with it.

Last edited by GateKeeper{NL} (2008-07-04 16:44:45)

CommonSense
Banned
+51|5906|New York

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

CommonSense wrote:

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

BUSTED!!!11

http://bf2s.com/player/67382006/

OMG SECOND BUST TODAY!!!11 I FEEL ALL HAPPY INSIDE AND OUT!!!11
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5836

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

CommonSense wrote:

RiCKRoLLd wrote:

BUSTED!!!11

Just don't use the .exe version and your fine.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6130|Dublin
load of poo tbh, From what I can see, you took it that the average ping of players set by EA is .100000(100), so, from what you have learned about the latency, you divide/Multiplay the other 2 values from the change of .100000, its a load of bolox do. not a change, fail, epic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard