General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6701|England, UK
Most of the 10 top ten players just play karkand. Why? Can't they handle the air power? Should they be allowed in the top ten as they haven't played all the maps and are really map stat padding as there is no airforce?
tF-afrojap
+124|6848|SF
So your logic is, if you prefer certain maps and only play those it is stat padding? Give me a break. No one really cares about the top 10 anyway.
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6711
xD Many people don't like jets, and shun them. There is no such thing as map stat padding. People have different favourites, for example, many people cannot stand Songhua Stalemate (Myself included).
fungus020
+0|6774|London - England
maybe they just like karkand... i know i do
Jarheadz
+2|6634|Austin, Tx
karkand is the best map to get ez kills and points and etc
monkeyboy
+8|6666

Jarheadz wrote:

karkand is the best map to get ez kills and points and etc
I expect theres guys that play exclusively on wake or Kubra... but they don't show up in the top 10 because you've can't get same SPM on a big spread out map than you can on karkand.
kiteboarderni
+62|6681
exactly. at least their not heli or plane whores. mayby tank but hey. its cus kark you cna get really high points and laods of team points.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6735|cairns australia
my most played is wake and is why my armour kd ratio isnt great
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6701|England, UK

pokerplaya wrote:

my most played is wake and is why my armour kd ratio isnt great
That's it. Someone with a K/D ratio of 17 in armour hasn't really played on a map with jets/attack heli's. I'm not complaining or anything, just making an observation and seeing what other peoples views are.
Microwave
_
+515|6656|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I think its really lame that people play just one map for signifiacantly more than others...... doesnt it get boring?!

I always play a mixture of maps, I still have my favourites... wake and oman but i dont just play those.

I find it interesting to play some of the other less played maps e.g. dragon valley, oilfields..

Karkand is actually my least favourite map because of the reason people play it..... its just a kill fest...
I see little or no teamwork at all.... people just play it for the kills and 'teamwork' (how reviving someone in the line of fire of a prone PKM just to get shot again is teamwork i dont know....

People play karkand for kills and points... just for the stats basicly.

I PLAY FOR FUN!        sure, i like getting medals, badges and ribbons but i play to enjoy myself...the idea of a game.

anyone agree with me...?

any other views?

~JameS~
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6701|England, UK

james@alienware wrote:

I think its really lame that people play just one map for signifiacantly more than others...... doesnt it get boring?!

I always play a mixture of maps, I still have my favourites... wake and oman but i dont just play those.

I find it interesting to play some of the other less played maps e.g. dragon valley, oilfields..

Karkand is actually my least favourite map because of the reason people play it..... its just a kill fest...
I see little or no teamwork at all.... people just play it for the kills and 'teamwork' (how reviving someone in the line of fire of a prone PKM just to get shot again is teamwork i dont know....

People play karkand for kills and points... just for the stats basicly.

I PLAY FOR FUN!        sure, i like getting medals, badges and ribbons but i play to enjoy myself...the idea of a game.

anyone agree with me...?

any other views?

~JameS~
Yep. I agree. I've always played servers that have all the maps. Playing on one map all the time is boring for me. Plus people who play karkand mostly are proberly playing for stats.
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6746|CANADA
i think BF2 shouldent show how to get the awards and shouldent have the awards shaded if u havent got them, that way when you get rewarded sumthing you feel good about it. just like when i got awarded the parashoot thingy:p so my point is, we should EARN the awards not do a sertain amount
Jarheadz
+2|6634|Austin, Tx
cant agree anymore than u do man...i tried played other maps such as dalian and such
but the only 1 map that love so much is dragon valley since i can pwn y'all asses with my kamikaze plane

oh and colin, ur a lil bit wrong, some ppl who play karkand usually playing for stats, but not all of us, we play for the teamwork practice and such. i mean, think bout it...karkand is the perfect map for urban assault like in Black Hawk Down. so teamwork there is the key to victory, that of course has to be supported by the VOIP (kindda sucks that some of servers doesnt have VOIP or the peeps inside cant use VOIP cause they dont have mic or just dont know how)

which reminds me, is there a bug in VOIP? cause when i speak they can hear me, while if they speak i cant hear them.
Torin
+52|6693
Many reasons why the top 10 doesn't matter.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6789|England
Karkand is for people who haven’t got / realized how good special forces actually is.

Special forces was made the way it is because of the popularity of karkand, points can be made just as easily, probably easier actually.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6795|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I could care less about the top ten unless I was one of them.  LOL
RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

Most of the 10 top ten players just play karkand. Why? Can't they handle the air power? Should they be allowed in the top ten as they haven't played all the maps and are really map stat padding as there is no airforce?
Well that is cuz karkand is cool..
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6751

Kobrakai wrote:

Karkand is for people who haven’t got / realized how good special forces actually is.

Special forces was made the way it is because of the popularity of karkand, points can be made just as easily, probably easier actually.
Karkand along with some of the Special Forces maps are the best in the game. close quarter infantry action, where good team skills and tactics can win the round whilst gathering some high points during the round.

Maybe the top ten just play karkand because they REALLY enjoy it. althought points do make prizes.

I like to play these maps because every kit can have a purpose and can be used to aquire points. I have gone all the different kits on maps like karkand, warlord, ghost town... and scored highly with each kit.

really i have forgotten what the point was that i was trying to make.

ROCK ON!
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6701|England, UK

Jarheadz wrote:

cant agree anymore than u do man...i tried played other maps such as dalian and such
but the only 1 map that love so much is dragon valley since i can pwn y'all asses with my kamikaze plane

oh and colin, ur a lil bit wrong, some ppl who play karkand usually playing for stats, but not all of us, we play for the teamwork practice and such. i mean, think bout it...karkand is the perfect map for urban assault like in Black Hawk Down. so teamwork there is the key to victory, that of course has to be supported by the VOIP (kindda sucks that some of servers doesnt have VOIP or the peeps inside cant use VOIP cause they dont have mic or just dont know how)

which reminds me, is there a bug in VOIP? cause when i speak they can hear me, while if they speak i cant hear them.
i know its not everybody. proberly mostly on the karkand only servers.
luckybaer
+10|6775| Going Feral
I agree with Kobra Kai.  Many SF maps took what was really popular in BF2 - i.e. emphasis on the ground with a few choppers thrown in and took out many of the obvious weaknesses - like predictable chokepoints that dummies would continue to attack for no reason (the Hotel on Karkand).

However, SF had lag issues that frustrated lots of folks AND there were no jets for the flyboys.  Therefore, many people gave up and just went back to playing Vanilla BF2's 24/7 Karkand servers or the servers that put out an "urban" flavor.

I like the SF maps, but most in my clan did not (tech issues, jet jockeys, and even the chopper whores had issues), so I played where they were on Vanilla Servers. 

Recently, I've found a few cool SF servers where people tend to at least get into 3 or 4 player squads, and somewhat work together.  It has been pretty fun for me.  Now, I'll try and make Karkand, Mashtuur, Sharqi, Warlord, Devil's Perch, and Ghost Town all part of my rota.  Of course, I'll end up at Karkand a lot, because there are TONS (tonnes) of 24/7 Karkand servers that give me good ping (THAT sounded weird.  LOL).
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica
Karkand and city maps = points, thats why so many ppl play em.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6701|England, UK

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

To be taken light heartedly. I'm not whining and I do like Karkand. And yes "map stat padding" was a new term. Will it catch on!
JTplus
+0|6633
I am not top 10, and to tell you the truth I really don't care.
I like karkland because there are no jets, or choppers. I get tired of taking a flag and some guy in a jet just making circles around the map bombing me.
The AA IMO still does not do much to a jet. They can many times outrun the rockets. It takes 3 or so to take down a jet. You cannot reload the AA in time to get a 3rd shot off, and before the Piolet comes back around he has repaired himself. Most of the flyers out there know exactly where the AA is, and they just fly towards it, and fire a couple missles.
Many of the people that fly jets, I have noticed, do just that. The whole game they fly circles around the map. That would get boaring to me, not karkland.
Anyways is a player likes to play a certain map, why would you attack him? He is just there to have fun.
Why do you care about what the "top ten" do anyways?
Seaneroo
+12|6659
Some people don't like having the crap bombed out of them? What nerve.

BTW, general,  note you have a pretty god distribution of time spent on the various maps, so at leat you practise what you preach.

Last edited by Seaneroo (2006-03-01 15:17:11)

bobroonie.bda
+143|6682
I personaly like every map execpt clean sweep. I think its because your just way way to far from the battle if your american. i know there are other carrier maps but atleast you have a chance to get there by boat.

as for the guys that only play karkland well what can you do. i dont give a shit how they play or where. all i know is if you dont play every map alot your not going to have good strats for that map. you can be the greatest player at one map but really suck at the next. so its there loss. i tend to find karkland a bit boring now since ive played it so damn much. I'm not a pilot but i do like going up against planes and choppers makes the game more interesting. plus to me theres nothing better then shoting a helo out of the sky with a tank.

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_23194/tpl_0/image.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard