chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

It seems that IGN has resolve the Query Limiting problem I was having with their systems (as you will note the queue is now down to less than 100 people.)

However, there's a slight hitch.

When I update your stats, I pull down 1) the raw stats and 2) the ranking stats. Now, the raw stats are fast and easy. 0.2 seconds or so of processing for a single player. However, because the ranking data is a wee bit more complicated (on EA/IGN's end) it can take up to 30 seconds to get a hit back from them. This means that queue times go up.

So, I have to make a decision, do I keep the ranking data incorporated and risk the slower updates, or do I dump it for the time being and revel in the fact that about 2 minutes after your 4 hours has waited you'll have an update?

(As it is, I'm going to leave the queue engine running 5 updating threads over night with ranking pull enabled to see how it does. I suppoes if it does a decent job and stays under 100 people in queue than this whole post is moot. )
pusher
+0|6751
hi there,
1.sry for my bad english.
2.@chuy:BEST stats site ever!(no matter how long it takes to update)
3.@chuy:unbelievable! your patience!did u count all the questions that begin with:"when will my stats........."?
4.@whoever:one of the best forums i´ve ever seen.considering the....ummm....."moderatorism"
5.watched this for a long time,finally decided to register,because of 1. to 4.
6.yes,i´m german.(hi b. and........and...........)
7.didn´t find the"praise chuy thread",so sorry for posting here.
8.running out of numbers

Last edited by pusher (2005-10-03 01:14:49)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Keep the rankings in, make people queue. I'm used to hitting this site just to get in queue once I finish off my last BF2 game for the night, and when I wake up, its updated
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
I refer you to this post.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1919

Edited out the stupid dumbass remark I made in this post.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-10-11 22:43:34)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6816|Australia

kilroy0097 wrote:

If I were a mod I would close this thread.
and why would you close this thread, when it was created by the owner of this site?.

and as for the stats thing just leave it how it is, less work for you later...
we have put up with it for ages now, whats a while longer?
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
What exactly is the difference between the raw stats and the 'ranking' stats?
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6778|Lake Constanze, Germany
@kilroy: Hrhrhrhr rofl

Btw, i don't mind how long those updates take....
Stats there - i'm

Greetz,
Agent
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
Personally I would still like those faster updates (without ranking data), maybe because I'm not very good in a spesific stat I would like to follow.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

and why would you close this thread, when it was created by the owner of this site?.

and as for the stats thing just leave it how it is, less work for you later...
we have put up with it for ages now, whats a while longer?
Because I'm a moron and I've been reading too many bashing Chuy on update speed threads and so my gut reaction to a comment on update speeds was to refer them to the other main update speed thread and get snippy. Chalk it up to me not being observant and brain farting. Sorry about that.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-

kilroy0097 wrote:

Good thing you're not a mod then

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

Good thing you're not a mod then

Yes yes I brainfarted. Take away the veteran forum medal. Back to the barraks I go.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6816|Australia
LOL That will learn you for not reading
Your forgiven
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6778|Lake Constanze, Germany
@Trig: Sometimes u are a vicious person.....i like that..... 

Bad, Trigger, bad........   lol

Greetz,
Agent
Buzerk1
+44|6806
Wowww, I was surprised to see my stats already processed this morning...

And I say keep the ranking, it's a nice feature and the waiting is OK for me.
midgetspy
+3|6798
I say make a priority-based queue where stats updates have higher priority than ranking updates, and limit ranking updates to 1 per day per pid.

Nic
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Well, after clearing out the queue (just ran it down from 40,000 waiting people last night) with the ranking off, I let it run last night with the ranking on and 5 threads running. The queue is now back up to 3000 and growing.

Looks like the wait persists as long as I leave the ranking data on. I am hoping the IGN will optimize that query *a whole bunch* and this will be pointless. In the mean time, I'll start a few more threads of the update engine and see how that works out.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6776|The planet Tophet
Where Can I Download 1.03????
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

midgetspy wrote:

I say make a priority-based queue where stats updates have higher priority than ranking updates, and limit ranking updates to 1 per day per pid.

Nic
Ugh, I'm too lazy to throw together two queues I think I'll just wait till EA fixes the feed and run a few more instances of the updating engine.
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6814|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
To tell you the truth i kind-A-like the delays. Delays allow me to track my progress with all my stats.
COmplemented with the trends website.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6776|The planet Tophet
yeah it dont matter to me as long as we can live in harmony
Buzerk1
+44|6806
Duh!! What I don't get is people raging because the updates are not as fast as they would want it... Duuhhh!!

You can get your stats updates directly in your game!!! What I like here is to be able to see everything in one page, if I want my score immediatly I can always check in the game it's updated within  10 minutes.

Come one, give the guy a break, he is doing a great job (which btw is not is job, he doesn't have to this).

Keep it up Chuy... people complaining don't know what it takes to build what you did (and still doing)
Tweaky
+0|6756|Bay Area, CA
Make subscribers/donatees have access to faster updates

I am fine with the Queue, I am not THAT worried about faster rank and stats updates.  I come to this site more than twice a day at least, and if it says it will take me 6 to 14 hours of wait time, oh well, I'll wait and see tomorrow... meanwhile I would be playing some more BF2 to get my points up before the next big update   see what I mean?  It is encouraging to have the updates take a long time to process, makes you feel like you need more points, a better K/D ratio, or whatnot

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Its not fair how chuy is so smart. I want to be as smart too.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
chuy, how many requests for a player do you get on average? Or rather/and what is the rough limit on how many requests per second you are allowed to query?
thinner44
+1|6779
I'm just happy to get stats, whichever way, as long as you're the one with the know how and the patience... for which I thank you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard