Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6503|uk

Ok guys, a lot of you are ranting at the vetting of the applicants.

FatherTed has just hit the nail on the head and said it: "How would we fairly vet applicatns?"

Thats the big question.
  • Karma - Sure, thats a good representation of how trustworthy someone is
  • Days spend on the Forums - If you say so
  • Their mod history? - Sure, if they were all kept up to date, and if we could actually see this information
  • Posts - Tied in with Days spent here
  • Last Post- Shows their activity prehaps, but trustworthy?

Yes its a hard thing to do, good look vetting everyone better.

The biggest mistake by far in this CD trip was creating the route and the participants right at the start. Killer, bad mistake. This CD trip has been going on for 1/2 a year now, and of course peoples priorities change- people leave and come. People who were active at the start are no longer active.

What we should have done is allowed people to sign up as we go. At each stop, we would see who was closest, and at that point decide whether it would go to that person, because of their status AT THAT TIME- not 7 months ago. Many problems solved.

As for the specific case of ddenhlm67? At the time of planning the CD trip he was posting regulary in the BF2 section and I personally let him into the trip because of this. He had been a member on the forums for longer than me, been a decent user making regular helpful and topic related posts. Bad Decision? Looks like it was now, but at the time I made it, so blame me, personally, now. Noone else.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6651|so randum
The only way to ever reach a consensus about who gets it, would be almost dictator like - ie "can i be added", "No, i don't like you".

I shall think about this.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6782|949

Give it some time.  He'll get it out.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6658

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i agree

and hurri: what is up? a lot of us are/were looking forward to this and it's more than a CD, its all of us sort of 'connecting' irl, outside of the forums, and its fun for us.

as a great man once said: "if u dun liek wat u c get ouf og kichn".
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6486|Oregon

Canadianloser wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i agree
I agree three. I really think that he'll come through.
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5930|loves Stimey <3 |

Titch2349 wrote:

Ok guys, a lot of you are ranting at the vetting of the applicants.

FatherTed has just hit the nail on the head and said it: "How would we fairly vet applicatns?"

Thats the big question.
  • Karma - Sure, thats a good representation of how trustworthy someone is
  • Days spend on the Forums - If you say so
  • Their mod history? - Sure, if they were all kept up to date, and if we could actually see this information
  • Posts - Tied in with Days spent here
  • Last Post- Shows their activity prehaps, but trustworthy?

Yes its a hard thing to do, good look vetting everyone better.

The biggest mistake by far in this CD trip was creating the route and the participants right at the start. Killer, bad mistake. This CD trip has been going on for 1/2 a year now, and of course peoples priorities change- people leave and come. People who were active at the start are no longer active.

What we should have done is allowed people to sign up as we go. At each stop, we would see who was closest, and at that point decide whether it would go to that person, because of their status AT THAT TIME- not 7 months ago. Many problems solved.

As for the specific case of ddenhlm67? At the time of planning the CD trip he was posting regulary in the BF2 section and I personally let him into the trip because of this. He had been a member on the forums for longer than me, been a decent user making regular helpful and topic related posts. Bad Decision? Looks like it was now, but at the time I made it, so blame me, personally, now. Noone else.
I'd fail trough all these things, but yeah, when the package arrived I packed it out, copied all pages, put in Swiss moniez and sent it. Rating members if they're allowed to take apart of this or not is kinda hard.
To be fucking honest, all you've done was right, you couldn't know that he wont be able to post it due to much things to do.

I also understand naight, but I think it's not worth it to post his adresse yet.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6925|Noizyland

I believe I offered the suggestion a while ago that before the parcel is sent that thet recipient be fully advised that they are about to recieve the package and to respond as to confirm whether the package will be sent to them - if yes, package continues as planned, if no or no reply the next in line gets the E-mail/PM/whatever. I've kind of lost track of this but was this step taken?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6503|uk

Ty wrote:

I believe I offered the suggestion a while ago that before the parcel is sent that thet recipient be fully advised that they are about to recieve the package and to respond as to confirm whether the package will be sent to them - if yes, package continues as planned, if no or no reply the next in line gets the E-mail/PM/whatever. I've kind of lost track of this but was this step taken?
Not at you was suggested- Because people already had the address they were sending it to, we kinda had no control on when it would be sent.

However, both me and Deathunlimited would check users activity before the CD was reaching them, to ensure they were still active. ddenholm67 was posting, often daily, up until the day he said he received the CD.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6644|N. Ireland
Not your fault, none of us knew ...

tbh I think the best bet would be to simply be add members you and DeathUnlimited actually know. I'm sure between you, you know the majority user base and who is respectable etc. If not, you can always just ask someone who you trust.

Then again, it's entirely possible it could happen again.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6800

HurricaИe wrote:

Oh no, you people are out 42 cents or whatever it costs to mail something.
I live in Norway dumbass..it cost me around 4 pounds to post that letter..

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2008-07-05 03:36:55)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6718|NYC / Hamburg

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

oh noez! I hope your family didn't have to starve for a week to pay for shipping

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6800

max wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

oh noez! I hope your family didn't have to starve for a week to pay for shipping

haha nope but admittedly at the time I was broke..
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6503|uk

Unfortunately it seems to be the end of the road.

Me and DU have both been trying hard to get in contact with ddenholm67 over the past 2 weeks, and we eventually succeeded in contacting him briefly on his bebo account a week ago.

Prior to this, he denied our applications to be friends on MSN, and failed to respond to the countless emails we sent him.

Eventually, we found his Bebo account and tried to get in contact with him on there*....

Us wrote:

Please can you post some information on what is currently happening with the CD trip.

Both me and DeathUnlimited, as well as the other people in the trip are getting increasingly concerned over the amount of time it has taken for you to send the CD to the next recipient.

We fully understand you were having some complications with the sending of the CD, however can you please give us some information?

Thanks
He replied a few hours later with the message

Him wrote:

So fucking sound man
[Here he comes and posts "lol" in this thread....]

We respond a few days later with the message....

Us wrote:

Hi, can you please give us some information as to what is happening with the CD?
And received no response.

I finally messaged him today with the message...

Us wrote:

Ok, this is how it is.

I will not simply give up attempting to contact you. Aside from your pathetic response on the BF2s forums (lol to you to), you have given no such reason as to why you are refusing to pass on the CD trip.

Months of effort and work has gone into the planning of the trip, and many people are interested in seeing the community event succeed.

A few people have somehow found out your address, refusing to send on the CD will in no doubt, result in a large amount of spam and various unsightful packages arriving on your doorstep. This is no threat, it isn't blackmail, it's a simple warning about the inevitable.

Please send on the CD to the next recipient.
He has now changed the status of his bebo account so only his friends to view it, sadly I don't think my application to be his friend will be a success . We seem to have exhaused all routes of contact with him, short of turning up on his doorstep and demanding the CD, however my cron job will continue to send him an email every hour asking for information, but aside from that, I think thats it from me.

Anyone who has his address, please feel free to do what you want with it, however, you are not allowed to post it openly onto these forums.
His bebo is http://bebo.com/ddenholm-67, should any of you want to try and get in contact with him.
I don't think i'm allowed to post his email on here since it isn't publicly viewable.

I'll speak to DU about prehaps doing another one of these trips- should it happen, as you expect, there will be heavy limitations on who is allowed to join.

and Hurricane, you say it is only a stupid CD trip, then that is fair enough, but for me and DU, countless hours have gone into the planning of the trip, the collection of usernames to be involved with the trip, and then the collection, ordering and distribution of addresses, and then the time that has gone into maintaining the table and topic. Prehaps we have a reason to be severly pissed up with some tosser who has ruined what would have been a pretty community event.

* Since he restricted the viewing of his bebo account, I cannot get the exact messages, but this is the drift of them....

Latest Edit- Found a copy of one of the interactions (last one) - replaced the rough one with the actual PM

Last edited by Titch2349 (2008-07-06 14:07:45)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6619

Oh bummer.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6800
These are the kind of people I beat the fuck up..what a cunt!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6688|Long Island, New York
I now officially condone banning this fuck from both Trackr and here.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6800
I now officially condone you giving me his address so I can send him an envelope filled with pubic hair courtesy of a pissed off Norwegian.

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2008-07-06 10:09:35)

i g
Banned
+876|6015|GA

what a douche nozzle
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6800
lol he lives in Livingston
lol I have a friend who lives in Livingston
lol I could totally arrange something
i g
Banned
+876|6015|GA

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

do it fagit
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5930|loves Stimey <3 |
/evil laughter.

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-07-06 10:39:24)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6614|cuntshitlake

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

For example your friend going to his doorstep and asking for the CD?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
i g
Banned
+876|6015|GA

DeathUnlimited wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

and then punching him in the face after he hands it over
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6614|cuntshitlake

i g wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Of course not, that'd be rude

Spoiler (highlight to read):
FUCK YES, DO IT DO IT
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6688|Long Island, New York

i g wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

nono, no assault

flaming dogshit in a bag works quite well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard